Hmmm,

Are you pair going to nag me to pieces? :P Another chapter has been posted...

I have to go and do some real work now.

Ted xxx

And it was a great chapter..the only problem is that you managed to whet our appetite for the next one...so you will likely be subject to more pestering :P

• Like 2

And it was a great chapter..the only problem is that you managed to whet our appetite for the next one...so you will likely be subject to more pestering :P

ALOT more pestering and general nagging too. :2thumbs:

• Like 2

Hmmm,

I have to go and do some real work now.

Ted xxx

And the hungry birds go Aaaahhhh... Satisfying! But not enough!

Real work bad - writing good!

• Like 2

Hmmm,

Well, it worked didn't it ? :D

only problem is, somebody used the idea over at my forum :facepalm:

Anyway, I loved the chapter, and I think it's a lot better for Kevin to come out and be honest about having a relationship with Neil. As a reward, Neil can agree to being Kevin's official partner / boyfriend or whatever they want to call it. So I'm fine with Taylor running around spreading the news. But won't he be outed as well (assuming he's in the closet) ?

• Like 1

I suspect Taylor will make it appear Neil's fault ... Kevin was "obviously" straight/normal before. Afterall, he was married and fathered a child and engaged to marry again until Neil confused him. Yes, I know that's stupid on so many levels, but ... people can be ignorant.

• Like 1

I went back and read ch 32 again and laughed about Neil being all anal about numbers and unable to count how many orgasms Kevin gave him. Apparently sex with the Scotish twat turns Neil's brain to mush. :rofl:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I want it noted for the record that this time neither Tim nor I were involved in this poke.

And the record shall so reflect. I am going to have to post the final two chapters at the same time because I have been on a project management course this week and I'm going back to Australia on 1 June for two weeks to see my mother who is not well. If all goes to plan I'll post Ch 34 "Hurting, Healing & Hogmanay" and the final Epilogue will be up this weekend. (God willing and a fair wind!)

Cheers,

Edward

Sorry to hear that your mother isn't well. If you feel like an update isn't doable, just focus on what's important. Don't worry about us, we'll be here.

I'm going on my second management course next week. Last time was actually interesting and I learned quite a bit. Only had to say no to one exercise (some weird "therapy session" talking about our childhoods and how it made us the leaders we are today).

And the record shall so reflect. I am going to have to post the final two chapters at the same time because I have been on a project management course this week and I'm going back to Australia on 1 June for two weeks to see my mother who is not well. If all goes to plan I'll post Ch 34 "Hurting, Healing & Hogmanay" and the final Epilogue will be up this weekend. (God willing and a fair wind!)

Cheers,

Edward

Take your time.  Family is more important than chapter updates...no matter how much we love chapter updates. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Tim,

i got back to London this morning and am incredibly jet lagged. :( Mum is okay - they have moved her into a high needs care home which will be a big adjustment for both my parents. She is happy to go because she worries about my father's ability to look after her properly (he's 86). He's not so sure - it will leave a big gap in his life as he has been looking after her 24/7 for the past seven years. 

Thanks for your concern. I have the next chapter of TB started at least and the Epilogue is done but just need to fill in the remaining gaps. Hopefully this week after I see Jurassic World!

best regards,

Ted

Did you say you were on a Project Management or a Team Building course last week?

Seriously though, have a safe visit with your mother; as Lit Lover said: the chapter updates can wait.

Project Management course (Agile) - aced it!

Ted

Hey Tim,

i got back to London this morning and am incredibly jet lagged.

well that was incredibly lucky timing on my part !

I'm glad to hear you're back and that matters have been resolved in a good way. I'm sure you dad will find he can still be a very important part of your mum's everyday life but without the strain of being her main caregiver. After all he can visit as much as he likes, but I guess it's not the same as being in your own home. But still, it is better than struggling along.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • 2 weeks later...

A FINAL NOTE

Whew! There it is - my first completed story. I've just posted Ch 34 Hurting, Healing and Hogmanay and Ch 35 Epilogue: Ending and so the story is complete.

As I think I told people elsewhere, I only started writing TB because of my frustration with writer’s block with Ben or Iain? and Tom and Matt, both of which are dear to my heart because they contain some biographical details that mean a lot to me (I am not telling what they are though).  :P 

A lot of people have helped me with the writing of Team Building and I thank them all but I do want to single out the following specifically.

Thanks to Timothy M. and Irritable1 for their encouragement and suggestions and for organising the discussion forum. Without them I am not sure I would have finished the story. They have an alarming knack for nudging me along without appearing to do so.

To Puppilul for her continued interest in the story and for her encouragement throughout I send a big thank you.

To Rndmrunner, my editor for BoI? and TaM, thanks for all your considered suggestions and emails. I deliberately tried not to involve you in the editing of TB but you managed to inveigle your way into it anyway!  :rolleyes: 

To charlieochoRobert Rex and Lisa, three of my most appreciative readers and fans, thanks for all the reviews, suggestions and likes.

And finally thanks to all of you GA readers who have expressed an interest in this story and taken the time and trouble to like the chapters, write reviews and contact me by email. Without you there would be no GA.

Cheers and thanks to you all,
Edward