I want to thank you, Edward, for sharing your story and talent with us. This is one of the best stories I've read here on GA.

Final note? I think there will be at least some ranting or praising over the final chapters. So we're not done with you yet!

• Like 2

Penultimate chapter is now up. Epilogue is written and will be posted shortly. Remember to read Chapter 34 Hurting, Healing and Hogmanay before reading the Epilogue.

An amazing end to an amazing story Edward.  Thank you  :hug:

I'm going to miss these guys, but I know we are leaving them in a good place.  I wish Neil's back was ok, but this ending was more real.  

• Like 1

A very nice end to a great story. These two were incredibly frustrating, why they couldn't recognize what Sophie knew from the beginning. Actually, you brought to willful young men to terms with their need for one another. It's unfortunate that Neil's back was so seriously injured and will never be right but life is often like that.

It would be wonderful to revisit them again, perhaps about the time Sophie enters adolescence ...

Thank you for giving us a delightful gift.

• Like 3

That's a really good idea (hint, hint) to revisit. A sequel might be a bit much to ask, but perhaps a prompt response? Set a few years ahead?

But that's just my curiosity speaking. I don't really want to let Neil and Kevin go. Selfish, I know. The ending was just right. Not everything is perfect, but that's ok. They have each other and Sophie. That will go a long way.

• Like 2

You absolute bastard, EB!

I spent a lot of time crying when I read these 2 chapters.

I've read this story in its entirety no less than 3 times so far and it's definitely 1 of my Top 5 pieces of writing.

It moved me! I wished for a happy perfect ending, but I got a happy realistic ending!

I've got to go back and read both your other stories AGAIN!

• Like 1

Oh Edward, I miss the ranting opportunities now that Team Building has finished. I even went back and did a bit of early chapter reviewing, but it's not the same. :no:  Even Taylor ended up being a nice guy !  And the whole Hamish-and-Nick thing had me  :huh: :lol:

Anyway, congratulations on your first Complete Story on GA, Brilliant Acheivement. :worship:

• Like 1

Suvitar's Chapter 35 Review

Lovely story and great characters. I very much enjoyed reading it :worship:

One thing about us Finns, though. Everyone in their early twenties speaks English, it´s a compulsory subject at school from the third grade onward, so by the time they finish school every student has at least seven years of English studies behind them.

LOL, Suvitar, I'm glad you pointed that out, I wanted to do so as well, but decided not to nag Edward. ;)

I'm thrilled you liked the story - and you're lucky, you got to read it all in one go.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ted

Did you know Team Building is:

42nd on the Most Read Story list: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/top/read?st=30

59th on the Most Favorited Story list: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/top/favorite?st=45

24th on the Top Reviewed story list: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/top/reviewed?st=15

and you're 45th on the list of Authors with highest reputation (likes): https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/author/?order=reputation&dir=DESC&st=30

Not bad, eh? ;)

• Like 2

You and numbers! Shouldn't we write a review on this for Renee?

Yes, what about me and numbers? 0:)  I love numbers, as I've said more than once.

Seems we hardly need to draw attention to Team Building, but I'm sure Renee would be pleased to get a review. :yes:

• Like 1

Just finished reading ... I always hate when a good read comes to an end...and hope maybe a sequel is hiding in the wings.? :)

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the compliments and your continuing interest in Kevin and Neil. I'm not sure a sequel is even possible for this pair unless I introduce angst and tension into their comfortable relationship - which I am loath to do as they've already had sufficient I think. I might just let them grow up together and manage the inimitable Sophie as she enters teenagehood (a sizeable task I suspect).

As lots of people continually remind me, I still have Ben or Iain? to finish (about another four or five chapters I think) and also Kakadu (short - maybe four chapters total). Tom and Matt is a much larger piece and I think that it will definitely have a sequel.

Thanks for your continuing interest,

Kind regards

Edward

Hi Ted

Did you know Team Building is:

42nd on the Most Read Story list: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/top/read?st=30

59th on the Most Favorited Story list: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/top/favorite?st=45

24th on the Top Reviewed story list: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/top/reviewed?st=15

and you're 45th on the list of Authors with highest reputation (likes): https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/author/?order=reputation&dir=DESC&st=30

Not bad, eh? ;)

Hey Timbo,

Thanks for alerting me to the stats. I'm quite astonished at the pull this story seems to have given that I wrote it purely as a diversion and it was a joy to write. I've received a huge amount of emails as well - all of them complimentary which is nice - and all of them from a very broad range of readers in terms of age, sexuality and gender. As I've just said to Bill Christiansen above, unfortunately work has reared it's ugly head and I am in the process of starting at a new university in London so things have been very hectic of late. I hope to get a chapter of Ben or Iain? out this weekend but no promises.

Once again, thanks so much to you and Puppilull and Irrtitable1 for all your advice, encouragement and cajoling (a much nicer word than 'nagging').

Kind regards,

Ted

LOL, Suvitar, I'm glad you pointed that out, I wanted to do so as well, but decided not to nag Edward. ;)

I'm thrilled you liked the story - and you're lucky, you got to read it all in one go.

Didn't notice this before  :huh:

I wasn't nagging  -_-  just very friendly pointing out that he got that bit slightly wrong  :*)  and it wasn't important, just me being too pedantic as usual   :/

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just found this story :)

I am only a few chapters in, but I love it! :D Even if I want to slap Neil silly for being, well, quite frankly a douche-bag :lol: I'm not sure if I should dislike him since he's the main character. I am now on Chapter four and his behavior is now endearing for me, granted I still :rolleyes: when he goes on his "Look at how much better I am than everyone else" moments :gikkle:

Anyways, thanks Edward for this story :)

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I envy you, Drew. You get to experience this great story, and you don't even have to wait for chapters.

And you'll see lots of ranting in the reviews. :lol:

I found it a while ago, but it got away from me.  Now I can read it without waiting for updates. Yay!

Ranting? Looking forward to that Tim :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Ranting? Looking forward to that Tim :)

I think the only stories I've ranted over more fiercely are Aditus' Red Running Shoes and jwolf's The English Year.

In Team Building my ranting really took off from ch. 14 and ch. 17 and 31 are probably my most epic ones. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I just wanted to say that I read this story before joining GA and I really loved it :yes: ......I went through many emotions as I read the story from really hating Neil to falling in love with him .......most of the time in the story I wanted to murder Kevin Bloody Ross though .....oh and I really liked Peter

• Like 2