Perhaps not, but hearing Prime say it and admit he was in the wrong is satisfying. My guess is they'll need to do some convincing and show him they mean it. Because Colt is absolutely right. Tearing down his walls and then throw him out is almost too bad for words. I felt him so strongly reading that.

• Like 3

So I saw this comic earlier before reading the chapter and in a way it also fits the chapter.  But the question is Who is Japan... Is it Prime or is it JAR?

Don't you mean: is it Colt or JAR ?

I'm a huge SATW fan, btw. :D

Edited by Timothy M.

Okay, so Half-baked/Half-assed Reader Theory Time:

Chris Fink shows up in Colt's life in exactly two places--right before the wolves really enter his life, and right after the wolves boot him from theirs.  This can't be coincidence.  Perhaps Maryann intended to use Fink to distract Colt from the wolves so he couldn't fulfill the prophesies.  Heck, even get Colt to fall in love with Fink so he'd be motivated by heartbreak when he attends their wedding were she could trap him.  It's also interesting that Bradley just happens to be at Colt's college, and just happens to befriend Jett and Rob (who just happens to be dating a suspiciously British lady). 

Was it conditioning or coincidence that made Colt's red-headed minifig his favorite?

Edited by Dayne Mora
  • Like 1

Don't you mean: is it Colt or JAR ?

I'm a huge SATW fan, btw. :D

It really depends on HOW you read the strip and who you consider the USA character to be with each matchup of Japan.  I was thinking for the Japan=JAR that USA=Readers and for Japan=Prime that USA=Colt. Colt is one who has been jerked about so much by the 'pack' so to speak. If one is to think of Japan as Colt then who is the USA in that instance? Is it the Inner Circle? Is it the Readers? Is it Prime? Is it MaryAnn?

And yes by now you know I like SATW also. I found them years ago and then forgot about them for a while until I saw you posting them here lol.

• Like 1

And Prime needs to wake up and realise that since Bradley can smell Colt, the missing scents are just another cruel test by Fate. One he's dangerously close to failing...

Maybe Fate needs them to understand it's not an addiction to scents, but something else. Declarations of love are nice, but where is his declaration of loyalty? Perseverance?

• Like 3

And Prime needs to wake up and realise that since Bradley can smell Colt, the missing scents are just another cruel test by Fate. One he's dangerously close to failing...

Maybe Fate needs them to understand it's not an addiction to scents, but something else. Declarations of love are nice, but where is his declaration of loyalty? Perseverance?

I think that's the problem Colt has with all this.  If Prime wants him back because his scent has returned, then it proves Colt's point that their love for him is all scents and 'roid-sperm, and once he's lost it (or they have no need for it) they'll give him the boot again.  Colt is in love with them, really in love with them, and their actions showed him that it was all one-sided.  Colt's heart suffered a massive break.  Prime and the IC will need to work hard to prove that they really love Colt, and aren't just keeping him around for scents, sperm, and prophesies. 

It may also be why Colt is holding back on sleeping with Bradley.  How can he be sure that Bradley doesn't want him for his scents?

Also, is Colt even away that his scent has returned?  Neither Bradley nor Prime mention it, despite their awareness of it.

Edited by Dayne Mora
  • Like 2

I feel we can't be too hard on Prime and the IC. For Colt to turn into a vampire would be like my hubby suddenly turning out to be a sadistic murderer. I love him like crazy, but that's sort of a deal breaker. There would be very little room for rational conversation...

Didn't they mention Bradley scenting Colt in the last chapter?

• Like 1

And not only Bradley can smell Colt ;-) ... oops that was a spoiler for the next prompt (if the lines are appropriate)

Ya know, I was wondering if there was room in a Meta-led IC for humans.  Like maybe Fink is supposed to be in it (maybe specifically bred to match the meta's inclinations for military power-bottoms).  Maybe beta-ish (although, I think Gavin is up for second Beta). 

Also wonder if the reason Colt lost his wolf mark is because the IC was incomplete again and he needed to seek replacements.  Could be a fuckton of gay wolf shifters who are beefy virgin power-bottoms just waiting in the wings until Colt needs them to round out his IC.

• Like 2

Ok, so Gavin and Bradley make 8...?

The number eight does appear on a quite regular basis ... or maybe I'm just misleading my readers again ... Gavin will soon get an offer he cannot refuse ... lots of real free beer included (and what marine would say 'no' to that ---- oops, note to myself: cannot make marine jokes anymore).

• Like 2

You know I favor that reclining 8. Or is that 8 in repose?

There have been several unrefusable offers in Meta. So far they've been declined. Unless of course it's Colt offering the beer. Then Gavin would open up and swallow...

The number eight does appear on a quite regular basis ... or maybe I'm just misleading my readers again ... Gavin will soon get an offer he cannot refuse ... lots of real free beer included (and what marine would say 'no' to that ---- oops, note to myself: cannot make marine jokes anymore).

You can still make jokes and I think you know that just remember marines and other service personnel deserve appreciation for their service. Most marines like beer, get horny and like most young guys do stupid s***. It's okay to joke about that. The image was off because it implied marines are stupid which they are not.

There is a difference between making a joke that references common assumptions that you know aren't true, and making a joke that references common assumptions that you believe to be true.  Of course JAR knows Marines aren't dumb.  And there are Marines and other service personnel who would take offense to the drinking and carousing jokes.  I know some of the Navy's uniform and appearance regulations (like visible tattoos, or tattoos in general) are around because the branch wants to combat its negative associations.

In other words, joke away!

• Like 4

On a separate note:

I find this image so disrespectful. I hope your rights and liberties never hinge on the actions of these brave men and women.

As someone who has actually WORN the UNIFORM I don't find it offensive because I know that JAR means it in the context of a JOKE not as a HURTFUL POST.

Context matters so don't jump to conclusions before you understand things.

• Like 4