You shouldn't grant me absolution before you haven't read the cliffhanger ending of book four ... it's getting worse ...

:pinch:try very hard not to edit, but give up

You shouldn't grant me absolution since you haven't read the cliffhanger ending of book four

or

You shouldn't grant me absolution before you have read the cliffhanger ending of book four

OK we'll wait until the very end before we decide whether to punish you or like you. :rofl::glomp:

• Like 2

Oh, Tim, you didn't...!

Brian's going to suffer for that!

All the blonds are going to suffer ;-) Like Warren is going to be off sweets for a long time ;-)

JAR

:pinch:try very hard not to edit, but give up

You shouldn't grant me absolution since you haven't read the cliffhanger ending of book four

or

You shouldn't grant me absolution before you have read the cliffhanger ending of book four

OK we'll wait until the very end before we decide whether to punish you or like you. :rofl::glomp:

The thing is: I don't need to be liked ;-) We will cover that topic in the Xmas scene of book 4.

JAR

Oderint dum metuant.

Mmmh ... Equinae ... are you a Colt in disguise?

Or are you suggesting you would be a good Beta reader? ;-)

JAR

Am I a Colt? Well, let's just say I like effective methods! :P

• Like 1

I find it fascinating that it's possible to capture the idea of a wolf with just a few lines. They really do have a very strong presence.

I just hope that the image being more of an image of the idea of a wolf doesn't mean too many actual wolves bite the dust...

As promised, here are the first lines of MetaBattles, book 4 of the MetaWolf series.

The full chapter will post May 16.

JAR

CHAPTER 1

Colt would have never thought that one day he would sit handcuffed on the ground in the middle of nowhere waiting for some vampires to pick him up like a stray dog in the shelter.

He looked anxiously at the wolf standing a bit aside talking agitatedly on his radio, as cell phone reception didn’t exist out here.

Not only was he handcuffed, he was cuffed with his own silver handcuffs normally used as punishment cuffs for wolves. They didn’t hurt him as they did wolves, but they did the more traditional job of immobilizing him pretty well.

To watch the wolf handle Colt’s silver revolver he had used to shoot Prime as if it was some toy in his hands added insults to his pain.

How could they have been so wrong about this? How could this week in which he had already shot Prime get even worse? He should have stayed with going through the books of the pack’s companies this morning instead of trying to play alpha wolf.

“Come in,” Colt shouted barely looking up from his laptop, frantically typing numbers into his bookkeeping program. Only when he heard somebody clearing his throat, he realized somebody had actually followed his invitation and entered the room. “’d morning, Sam, … or shall I call you ‘Gamma?’”

Sam Sr. smiled a bit cringingly because of his new title, but just said: “Sam’s fine. I’m here to pick you up.”

“Pick me up?”

• Like 3

I find it fascinating that it's possible to capture the idea of a wolf with just a few lines. They really do have a very strong presence.

I just hope that the image being more of an image of the idea of a wolf doesn't mean too many actual wolves bite the dust...

How 'many' is 'many?'

JAR

More than 1?

If I ask nicely? Please? Pretty please!

The books are already written (just 4k words to finish MW6). So making me rewrite them will require much more than being asked nicely ;-) The price we can negotiate 'in a private conversation.' :ph34r:

JAR

Edited by JohnAR

I've read the updates, liked and reviewed (including wild theories)... What now? I will be waiting impatiently for the next book. May 16 seems like an eternity... Ha, ha!

Since I don't know what the books contain at present, it's very difficult to estimate a reasonable price for any changes. A very poor starting point for negotiation.

• Like 1

Since I don't know what the books contain at present, it's very difficult to estimate a reasonable price for any changes. A very poor starting point for negotiation.

I love it when my negotiation partners have a disadvantage ... makes life so much easier ... ;-)

JAR

• Like 1

You got to know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

Know when to run

That's kind of my motto! So guess what I'm doing...?

That's what I say about my boys ;-)

JAR

It was the 80s! I'm sure at least one wolf would have had a longhaired phase if they had been teens then. Make up... Maybe not.

I'm seriously screwed (up) ... I found the barber buzzing video 'stimulating' ... and it inspired a prompt idea.

JAR

(trying hard no to blush and targeting a cold shower)

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

You are hardly alone in that. There are a surprising amount of stories (and other stuff) on that particular theme. And you being into control might be the worst kept secret ever...

Pfffh, and I had already started to fear my true dark sides had been exposed. <lol>

JAR

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/quiz-are-you-a-control-freak/question-4772404/

You are hardly alone in that. There are a surprising amount of stories (and other stuff) on that particular theme. And you being into control might be the worst kept secret ever...

And the prompt 417 titled 'Hair' is with my dear editor. Please use protection  .... for your keyboard.

JAR

• Like 2

Not that anyone needed reminding, but I was simply popping by to say: YAY! It's MetaBattles Eve! Seems though I've stumbled upon a totally different cause for excitement. By all means then, prompt 417....

• Like 2