Ha, ha! We could have a disconnected, logical discussion INTJ to INTJ. Clear things up.

Sam would never do that. Surely, Colt knows this.

Pffffh. Sam could have ended up in silver hand cuffs.

There is no way I can segue from the above to this: those arms on Sam though..woof! D

The little chat between Brian and Colt resonated with me, and I'm thinking about it. This mini rant has less to do with the actual story.(sorry) 

I do not hang out often in the teacher's lounge at my school, for the simple fact that I hate the cliquey, gossipy BS that comes with it. I am however, Grade Chair, so they have to in a sense follow my agenda. With the exception of a select few, they think I'm aloof and a bit snobby, and I'm ok with that. They need never ask how my weekend was spent, only to see if meets some standard of their approval. I just don't care. I also don't feel the need to socialize outside of school, but when I'm forced to attend functions, it can feel like hate, and dealing with it sucks. I know if I try to be more than just cordial, it would probably be better, but... So all this to say, I get Colt's argument for hiding out, and his point of view clicked for me. I don't have to change, but like Brian pointed out, Colt may need to. But yeah...I'm in Colt's corner.....this week. 

• Like 2

NO! Not Sam! Sweet, sweet Sam... One begging glance of those brown eyes, Colt would melt. I think he has a soft spot for Sam. Well, as soft as Colt gets...

Colt soft? Are we talking the same Colt here?

There is no way I can segue from the above to this: those arms on Sam though..woof! D

The little chat between Brian and Colt resonated with me, and I'm thinking about it. This mini rant has less to do with the actual story.(sorry) 

I do not hang out often in the teacher's lounge at my school, for the simple fact that I hate the cliquey, gossipy BS that comes with it. I am however, Grade Chair, so they have to in a sense follow my agenda. With the exception of a select few, they think I'm aloof and a bit snobby, and I'm ok with that. They need never ask how my weekend was spent, only to see if meets some standard of their approval. I just don't care. I also don't feel the need to socialize outside of school, but when I'm forced to attend functions, it can feel like hate, and dealing with it sucks. I know if I try to be more than just cordial, it would probably be better, but... So all this to say, I get Colt's argument for hiding out, and his point of view clicked for me. I don't have to change, but like Brian pointed out, Colt may need to. But yeah...I'm in Colt's corner.....this week. 

I'm surprised @puppilull hasn't responded to this yet.

I can very much relate to your challenges. My boss once challenged me that 'I don't care (about people).' And the reason he says that is because I don't hug them every 5 minutes and pretend to be best friends; although I also don't stab them when it's convenient ...

For once Colt's getting a hug (conceptionally at least) here ... He might get smothered once you read book 5.

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

How the hell do you upload pictures to here?

I've got a million images for Brian, hot blonde that he is....

I've got a few other suggestions... But I can't upload pictures!!!

• Like 1

How the hell do you upload pictures to here?

I've got a million images for Brian, hot blonde that he is....

I've got a few other suggestions... But I can't upload pictures!!!

Go to your profile page. There is 'my gallery' option. There you can upload pictures. And then your 'share' them here with the 'my media' option in the menu. Looking forward to your 'Brian's.'

JAR

Ok, now I've thought about Colt's conversation with Brian. It took me about 24 hours. Why? Because it was me Brian described. That protective shield... Mine is about a meter thick. I've actually had very similar discussions with my boss and one very honest employee. They have been asking me for more of me, to let people see me. And it's so hard. I don't want people in there. I don't hug, talk about pets or hobbies, swap recipes...

But for a year now I've tried. Oh, it's hard but I feel it's working. My unit at work is slowly getting to know me and it has improved work and morale. So I guess Brian is right. The outer pack might not need a Meta, but they could grow to respect Colt.

I can see it's very hard for Colt though. We have very different backgrounds. I might be INTJ to the core, but I grew up with a family who supported me. I have a husband who for some inexplicable reason puts up with me and two kids who shower me with love. I'm also 20 years older than Colt. Give him time and love and he might feel secure enough to let go of his shield. Or at least open a hatch. Then maybe he'll realise he's entitled to be down there with the rest and maybe even wanted.

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 3

I think it's time we found a group: "Against the Tyranny of Extravert Feelers: INTJs' Just imagine how perfectly the world would be run! Joking aside ... I'm kind of surprised how deep that conversation went with some of you ... I honestly expected much more 'ranting towards Colt ...'

Turned out to be Hug Colt-day! And wouldn't he be horrified...

I guess there are quite a few of us who share his feelings. I was so sure I identified with Isaac. Turns out I'm Colt by day and Isaac by night.

• Like 1

Yes, we would! Maybe in a prompt near us soon...?

Colt and Isaac had one recently (Camp, if I remember).

I promised @Timothy M. a prompt with Brian ... esp. after the Xmas scene.

On the topic scent/consent/love/drug, I found this song. Note the lyrics. (Exchange she for he of course)

Love. This. Song. 

It's funny, but the songs that you've posted have a very different perspective. Now when I hear them, can't help thinking of the wolves and their Meta. 

Love. This. Song.

It's funny, but the songs that you've posted have a very different perspective. Now when I hear them, can't help thinking of the wolves and their Meta.

Join the club! I stumble upon music that screams Metaverse a bit too often. The weirdest so far was when I was reading a Meta chapter, listening to music and this comes on... Note the lyrics...

Bring Me The Horizon - Throne: https://youtu.be/Ow_qI_F2ZJI

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 2

Join the club! I stumble upon music that screams Metaverse a bit too often. The weirdest so far was when I was reading a Meta chapter, listening to music and this comes on... Note the lyrics...

Bring Me The Horizon - Throne:

Ha! That is amazing! Theme song perhaps? 

• Like 1