Wow... so a prompt and a chapter and most are sooooo quiet.... not thoughts? no analysis of whats going on....

Colt wants you to flex those brain cells at least like a Beta if not a Meta... Don't be a lowly omega think! :2thumbs:

John knows I've been a little pre-occupied the last few days, but I do have some things floating around in my head about the prompt and about the chapter.  I agree with Puppilull though, my first instinct was excessive mothering. 

• Like 2

The ladies are correct that this was a deeply sad chapter. I submit the reminder that this was essential to Colt becoming the man/meta his is. Doesn't remove the hurt but he survives. And it's obvious that MaryAnn's attempt at subterfuge is doomed to failure.

• Like 3

PUBLIC ANNOUCEMENT:

I screwed up the time line again.

I'm sure that's makings things easier for MaryAnn to follow her devious plan (nobody knows of).

So.... Did anyone spot the problem/s in their first read yesterday before things got edited???? :funny:

Yes yes I understand mothering mode, wanting to respond when you notice others have and having PLENTY of other things to do with your life that day heheh...

I was just trying to prod and get the talk going a little.

Anyone notice we may know what happened to 'him' on his 13th birthday but we still don't know it all!!! Someone really loves to TEASE!!

Edited by PkCrichton

So.... Did anyone spot the problem/s in their first read yesterday before things got edited???? :funny:

Nope, and I'm the editor. :*)  - although usually you need a beta reader to deal with incongruencies, or at least that's my excuse. :yes:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Nope, and I'm the editor. :*)  - although usually you need a beta reader to deal with incongruencies, or at least that's my excuse. :yes:

Wait so your betaness is all about editing not continuity... So I guess you need a Leo to step in to fill the beta gaps.

• Like 1

I was thinking about that too, when I had pulled myself together...

Did Colt actually try to kill himself or is that a planted memory? He didn't die (unless the first 4 books have really been a dream) so did he try? Something very bad happened and a failed suicide attempt could be it.

Did Colt actually try to kill himself or is that a planted memory? He didn't die (unless the first 4 books have really been a dream) so did he try? Something very bad happened and a failed suicide attempt could be it.

Maybe MetaDeaths is the death of his dream world. :read::devil:

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

Yes yes I understand mothering mode, wanting to respond when you notice others have and having PLENTY of other things to do with your life that day heheh...

I was just trying to prod and get the talk going a little.

Anyone notice we may know what happened to 'him' on his 13th birthday but we still don't know it all!!! Someone really loves to TEASE!!

My theory?  I think Colt did try to kill himself when he was 13, but I think he changed his mind before the drugs fully took effect and made himself throw them and the alcohol back up.  I think that was the wrong choice that MaryAnn is talking about....he chose to stop the process and save himself, thereby not killing himself and not coming back as a powerful vampire.  I think if he had died he WOULD have been very powerful, being part vampire and part (I believe the owl women are some sort of mythical goddesses).  He would have come back as a creature more powerful than they had ever known.  The memory of his attempt would haunt him because it was obviously painful, but also because Colt doesn't want to be ruled by his emotions and taking those pills would have been an act of pure emotion. 

I could be way off base, but that is my take on what happened.  

• Like 4

Who all do you think are the Owl Women/Owl Society? We have had most of the parties involved named at one point or another and hints at others being them. What deeds do you attribute to them?

And yes I do also totally believe that the suicide was the real events of the 13th Birthday. But there is something more to it than that. After reading Wind and now MD Chapter 4 I think a portion of the 'becoming a vampire' is suicide. There has to be another aspect to it though... In the memory someone said “See you in hell, fag. Choose wisely.” Just who was it that said this... Not many have called Colt fag during the narative of the story. The main one is someone who couldn't be in hell, Adam and he shouldn't be involved yet anyway at age 12/13. So was this MaryAnn? Was it another Queen? Was it a 'king' or the lord? Was it a vampire member of the Owl Society? And just what is the Choice that happens once his mind/spirit is pulled from his body?

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 2

I don't exactly know who or what they are. I know they're busy working on their plan!

Are you sure they are all working on the SAME plan though? Maybe one of them is working against them without the others knowing or has their own plan.

Are you sure they are all working on the SAME plan though? Maybe one of them is working against them without the others knowing or has their own plan.

If you learn one thing in Meta, it's not to trust anyone.  One of the owl women having her own agenda would not surprise me at all

• Like 1

Ok so we are days away from Colt being out of the mind zone and probably hitting either the end of the battle or waking up after its over...

So we are at crunch time for who lives and who dies... This is MetaDEATHS after all...

If you could save 1 and only 1 wolf who would it be?

Wolf          Votes

Prime     0

CE        1

Brian     1

Sam       0

Isaac     1

Leo       0

Al        0

Warren    1

Edited by PkCrichton

Ok so we are days away from Colt being out of the mind zone and probably hitting either the end of the battle or waking up after its over...

So we are at crunch time for who lives and who dies... This is MetaDEATHS after all...

If you could save 1 and only 1 wolf who would it be?

Oh JAR knows my answer to this ... CE ;)

I refuse to submit to this loosing scenario ... I vote for the wolf that goes furry and on four legs after he turns ... it's not my fault JAR made me like these guys too much to choose just one ...

• Like 1