Male Standards of Beauty Around the World

Buzzfeed did a video where they used models to demonstrate the various beauty ideals around the world. It was pretty cool to look at, getting an idea of how beauty is viewed in different parts of the world.

The Brazilian did the most for me. LOL. What 'bout you?

Also...can I please say again just how much I absolutely hate the current "let's cover up our arms and chest with tattoos" craze, re: the UK guy? I can get into the lumbersexual look sometimes, but it usually gets paired with guys plastering themselves with tattoos, which is such a turn-off. Daniel Norris is an exception...dude pulls off the lumbersexual look beautifully in my opinion.

I tend to find Australian men the hottest, but I was kind of "meh" on the guy they picked for Australia.

• Like 4

I think I know the USA guy.

I thought he was an odd choice for the lumbersexual look. His beard wasn't all that thick or long, the clothes were off (should have been a flannel shirt with jeans and boots), and they tend to have tattoos and Buddy Holly glasses. He also probably should've had an undercut haircut.

Edited by methodwriter85

I thought the guy from the Philippines was hot, if he would just shave that mustache... Very few guys can pull off a mustache IMHO. The future guy was also good looking. The others, not so much. Or should I say they didn't do anything for me. It's not like I consider them ugly.

My Australian boxing instructor is way hotter than that guy.

• Like 2

Of that grouping I liked the Korean guy and the Australian guy (with a better haircut).

My ideal is not represented here. It is represented by Austin Falk in the younger bracket and Pierce Brosnan in the older bracket.

Austin Falk premiered on the 2 Broke Girls episode this last week. He literally took my breath away! The photo doesn't do him justice. He's got a sweet personality to go with the looks that really shines through. It has been a long time since a TV or Movie Actor did it for me like this guy:

MV5BMTY5Nzg5NTIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDEx

gty_pierce_brosnan_portrait_jc_140716_16

The whole sexualization of the lumberjack look in the gay world has just gone too far. Not to mention it's just not attractive in the first place.....  :thumbdown:

I don't know, on the right guy it can be pretty hot. Baseball player Daniel Norris pulls it off nicely:

Screen-Shot-2015-03-11-at-9.46.30-AM.png

http://images.gearjunkie.com/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-03-11-at-9.46.30-AM.png

Although I'll kinda admit I like seeing him with a shorter beard/just stubble instead:

0qipSrR.jpg

It's kind of funny- with the big beard he looks like a 30-year old lumberjack, without it, I'd think he was a 20-year old frat boy. He rocks it either way.

Edited by methodwriter85

In all the pictures I've seen of Austin Falk I just googled (because that link is borked), it appears that his lips have been superglued together.

Which is unfortunate.

Maybe he's strictly a backdoor kinda guy. :P

• Like 1

I laughed for the future comment because in my personal opinion mixed race is by far the most attractive. Like... I date a hell of a lot of white boys because that is a majority here, but nothing takes my breath away more then when I see a mix of Caucasian and Hispanic or Caucasian and East Asian or in some cases Caucasian and African.

I was down for the Mexican, Brazilian, Italian and Korean (I know they are hardly similar)... But can I just have the Brazilian with a bit of the softness of the Korean and harsh macho of the Mexican, the clothes of Italian men, the tattoos from the UK guy.... Can I just have it all? Or that dream mix man running around somewhere out there that I will pin down and make my own.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The hottest guys, IMO, are Colombians, Argentines, and East Asians. 

Check out Christopher Sean. He's an actor known for being Mr. Bing Lee on the Lizzie Bennett Diaries, as well as a gay baseball player on Days of Our Lives. He's half-Japanese, half-white, and pretty delectable.  You liked mixed-Asian guys, right? That guy combines Caucasian and Asian features pretty beautifully, in my opinion.

Edited by methodwriter85

Check out Christopher Sean. He's an actor known for being Mr. Bing Lee on the Lizzie Bennett Diaries, as well as a gay baseball player on Days of Our Lives. He's half-Japanese, half-white, and pretty delectable.  You liked mixed-Asian guys, right? That guy combines Caucasian and Asian features pretty beautifully, in my opinion.

J.R. Celski is an example of a much hotter half White/half Asian boy. 

• 1 month later...

I found this to be quite intriguing. Its good to see a diversity in standards of male beauty. My favorites:

1-Brazil

2-Turkey

3-South Africa

4-The Philippines

5-South Korea

Honorable Mention- India (He was actually kinda cute :) )

The rest... meh.

• Like 1

I saw him on Days, and you're right... he is damn hot!

• 1 year later...