Damn!  I don't recall who said, "expect the unexpected", but Cynus has sure mastered the concept. I have found it in places in all of his stories.

I will patiently await the next installment of Silas's story. Well... maybe not so patiently, but I refuse to nag. It will happen when it happens and not a second before.

Thank you Cyrus for a great story.

Be well.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Damn!  I don't recall who said, "expect the unexpected", but Cynus has sure mastered the concept. I have found it in places in all of his stories.

I will patiently await the next installment of Silas's story. Well... maybe not so patiently, but I refuse to nag. It will happen when it happens and not a second before.

Thank you Cyrus for a great story.

Be well.

Cynus, I think Tomas has said it best, so I'm seconding his quote.

I have you on my notification list, so whenever the story continues, I'll be there to read it.

You said in a previous post that we, your readers, rock. Well, if that's true, then it's because you formed the band. :worship:  :music:  :yes:

• Like 1

You, my friends, are far too kind to me. :) I'm grateful for everyone who read the story, and for your generous reviews and likes. This has been by far my most successful story to date, and it has been quite the ride. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

You, my friends, are far too kind to me. :) I'm grateful for everyone who read the story, and for your generous reviews and likes. This has been by far my most successful story to date, and it has been quite the ride. Thank you.

It has been a good ride. Silas endeared himself to all of us and at the same time brought attention to the plight of gay Mormon teens; something many of us were unaware of. As you already know, this is not the first story of yours that I've enjoyed. I believe you've gained a whole new flock of readers. :)

• Like 2

I don't know if I ever explained this before, but some of you may have noticed that The Navigator is lacking the "lesbian" tag. There is only one reason for this, and that is because I wanted to keep the relationship between Tara and Chelsea a secret until it actually happens in the story. :) I'm considering going back and editing it now to include that tag, but I'm trying to decide if I want it to remain a mystery for new readers or not.

I suppose the question i have for you to help me gauge it is: Was it ever a mystery in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I generally don't look at the Tags when I'm looking for a story to read.

I always want to know what the story is about so the blurb in the Description section is where I look first. If the story sounds interesting, then I head directly to the first chapter to start reading it. 

Having said that, adding the tag could diminish the surprise of Pastor Simms' attack on Chelsea and the subsequent fallout from his actions. I was shocked by what happened because I didn't see it coming. 

Personally, I think the tag should be left out to allow for the element of surprise that I, as a reader, found to be an excellent twist in the story.

As for their relationship being a mystery? To me it was, though I think that was more a case of my attention being directed to other parts of the story as it was unfolding.

• Like 1

I agree with the others, leave the tag off. The surprise is a nice plot twist, particularly since Silas makes a point of telling Chelsea he's gay when he thinks she might be interested in him. Nice reminder that even we make incorrect presumptions on others orientation.

• Like 3

I greatly enjoyed the story of The Navigator.  But I also greatly enjoyed the "Logan and Seth" series by Cynus, as well.  In fact, I have enjoyed all stories so far written by Cynus that I have read.  I haven't fionished them all yet.

I look forward to a sequel someday, when the author deems it feasible and has the time to do it.

• Like 2

I greatly enjoyed the story of The Navigator.  But I also greatly enjoyed the "Logan and Seth" series by Cynus, as well.  In fact, I have enjoyed all stories so far written by Cynus that I have read.  I haven't fionished them all yet.

I look forward to a sequel someday, when the author deems it feasible and has the time to do it.

It's going to be awhile before it releases, but the sequel is definitely going to show up someday.

Thank you for your kind words regarding my stories, Paul. :) Logan and Seth were only supposed to have one story, but it was one of those rare moments where people kept sending me emails requesting more. :) If anyone wants to start reading them here, you can find the first story in their series, "Another Day in Parodyse" on my profile page. 

• Site Moderator

Hey, Navigator readers, I just updated the tumblr again with a new picture that related to the story. Check it out here: http://cynusstorybook.tumblr.com/

The picture is heartbreaking.

I really like the verse. It would be nice if that one was taken to heart as opposed to others that I won't mention... :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading The Navigator. Loved it   :thumbup:  Wonderful story, great characters and the storyline was brilliant. Hopefully there'll be a sequel one day.

There will be, assuming I can get through all my other projects between now and then. :P

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of creating a contest for my loyal readership, with the prize being some sort of writing, like a personalized short story/poem... Any suggestions from anyone reading this thread for what I could offer?