Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

CJ started his senior year in high school today.

Time to start working on those college applications he has sitting on his desk at home.

Nag, nag, nag. Can't CJ just enjoy the first couple of weeks without filling out college applications  :rolleyes:

Nag, nag, nag. Can't CJ just enjoy the first couple of weeks without filling out college applications  :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm supposed to nag my kid! :D

Not sure how it works in Oz, but in the US you can apply for early admission and get a response by December. That makes the second half of the school year stress free when you know what university you'll be attending the following fall. Specially if it's an Ivy League school! :yes:

Here, partially because of the differences in seasons, the usual dates are acception/rejection letters received in March or April for the school year starting in August.

A bunch of the elite, top tier schools have joined in a program called Single Choice where you can apply for early admission to one of them only. Applications are due by Novemeber 1 and students get a response by mid-December.

The reason to start working on the application this early is most of those looking to get early acceptance are the top students and you really need a top notch application to compete.

Some of the schools participating in the program are Stanford, Georgetown, Boston College, Princeton, Yale, Harvard. Student fill out an application which all of them use and then complete a specific section designed by each school

The early admissions setup sounds great. Ok nag poor CJ, we want him to get into a good school :)

With the story being set in 2013 at this point, and us discussing what might happen in 2015, I have a feeling sooner or later I'll screw up and give something away!

Happy belated anniversary!

On Monday, Brett & Cesar and JP & Tom celebrated two years of marriage.

The traditional gift for the second anniversary is cotton. I wonder what the presents were, if any were given

With the story being set in 2013 at this point, and us discussing what might happen in 2015, I have a feeling sooner or later I'll screw up and give something away!

Well we already know that B&C and JP&T will be together in two years time  :D

• Like 1

Well we already know that B&C and JP&T will be together in two years time  :D

:rofl:

I almost snorted coffee through my nose!

We also know CJ hasn't dropped out of high school and is at least planning on applying to go to university.

Mann keeps telling me not to give away the future but I'm sure there are hints here and there he hasn't even realized I dropped in. Last chapter he looked at he did leave me a side comment at the end telling me he knew where I was going at that point! :D

• Site Moderator

Happy belated anniversary!

On Monday, Brett & Cesar and JP & Tom celebrated two years of marriage.

The traditional gift for the second anniversary is cotton. I wonder what the presents were, if any were given

It just hit me this very second  :o(cue multiple light bulbs shining brightly) why you made the statement above and had a party for Brett's 32nd birthday. It's 2015, two years later than the events of Summer and Autumn!!!   

:rolleyes:  :facepalm::rolleyes:  :facepalm::rolleyes:  :facepalm:  :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

1810! I am really laughing my butt off!

Just for that you may get an invite to CJ's 18th birthday party later this year! :yes:

Because I'm not sure how long I'll keep writing the story, I started keeping track of events which would affect the characters. Like when I first decided to use Marco Rubio as a way of getting CJ involved in politics, I had no idea he would run for President. So now I need to keep an eye on what happens with him. Same thing with Ben Cohen. He recently separated from his wife so gay men all over are drooling twice as much as usual.

I try to inject small details into each chapter which hopefully make the story more realistic (t-shirts, restaurants, fashions) birthdays and anniversaries are a perfect thing since in real life we would take note of them. About the only really fantastic element I've used is Brett's wealth. Even then, I'm friendly with a couple of guys who approach the amount of money he has, it just wasn't inherited.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

1810! I am really laughing my butt off!

Just for that you may get an invite to CJ's 18th birthday party later this year! :yes:

Because I'm not sure how long I'll keep writing the story, I started keeping track of events which would affect the characters. Like when I first decided to use Marco Rubio as a way of getting CJ involved in politics, I had no idea he would run for President. So now I need to keep an eye on what happens with him. Same thing with Ben Cohen. He recently separated from his wife so gay men all over are drooling twice as much as usual.

I try to inject small details into each chapter which hopefully make the story more realistic (t-shirts, restaurants, fashions) birthdays and anniversaries are a perfect thing since in real life we would take note of them. About the only really fantastic element I've used is Brett's wealth. Even then, I'm friendly with a couple of guys who approach the amount of money he has, it just wasn't inherited.

Judging by your avatar, (and I'm trying not to roll my eyes) am I going to have to suffer through Hurricanes cheers from the gang! first the Heat and now this.. :P

Although, they are a good team...

If I were you Def, I would just be grateful that your posts don't send our good friend into fits of hysterical laughter like mine do. And yes, I'm going to :rolleyes: my eyes. On a positive note, laughter produces endorphins, which are supposed to be good for you. So, I think I shall endeavour to keep the laughter coming. :yes:

• Like 2

Judging by your avatar, (and I'm trying not to roll my eyes) am I going to have to suffer through Hurricanes cheers from the gang! first the Heat and now this.. :P

Although, they are a good team...

If I were you Def, I would just be grateful that your posts don't send our good friend into fits of hysterical laughter like mine do. And yes, I'm going to :rolleyes: my eyes. On a positive note, laughter produces endorphins, which are supposed to be good for you. So, I think I shall endeavour to keep the laughter coming. :yes:

I've been a Hurricanes fan since I was CJ's age. I used to go to the games at the Orange Bowl and sit in the student section. I always looked older so I could pass for a college student and the frat boys were always happy to share the bottles they'd snuck into the stadium :yes: One of my most cherished memories is being at their first National Championship when they beat the cornhuskers. I had bought tickets to the game as Christmas presents for my brothers and my father. I had no voice for a couple of days LOL

I did make Cesar a graduate of the hated, scummy, rival University of Florida (I do have some great stories about attending games at the swamp and sitting with the brothers from my frat at that school) but in chapter 8 of Summer CJ wore a UM shirt and made it clear where his heart was. I think the Heat were a convenient anchor for CJ after the trauma of leaving home. He'll remain a fan, but watching sports will have to compete with a lot of other things in his life.

SPOILER

I'll make a bold prediction and guarantee our boy wil NEVER wear a Florida Gators shirt. If he does it may force him to kill him off! :rofl:

And I though it meant Carlos was moving house - isn't that the U-haul logo?

Haul THIS!

Best float at Gay Pride Parade a couple of years ago:

A bunch of women on a U Haul trailer with a sign showing they'd met the previous night and were moving in together already! i think I may have a picture of it, need to look for it :P

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1

Haul THIS!

Best float at Gay Pride Parade a couple of years ago:

A bunch of woman on a U Haul trailed with a sign showing they'd met the previous night and were moving in together already! i think I may have a picture of it, need to look for it :P

Why am I imagining a hand guesture or two to accompany the first sentence of you reply?

I would love to see the picture

• Like 1

And I though it meant Carlos was moving house - isn't that the U-haul logo?

:rofl: Ahh, that was good B! 

SPOILER

I'll make a bold prediction and guarantee our boy wil NEVER wear a Florida Gators shirt. If he does it may force him to kill him off! :rofl:

:huh: that's NOT a spoiler!  :facepalm: I know there's no danger of CJ being killed off, so maybe he and I could have a friendly over the Crimson Tide. They don't play each other.. I had the pleasure of attending their games once too, a while ago, pretty intense being there. But college games are all like that. 

I imagine that he did, 1810. We in love the rivalry between our NFL and NBA sports teams, and NY/Miami has an easy one. It doesn't extend to College football, but I couldn't resist. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I imagine that he did, 1810. We in love the rivalry between our NFL and NBA sports teams, and NY/Miami has an easy one. It doesn't extend to College football, but I couldn't resist. 

No likes, so :thumbup: instead

Did I mention I was also there when the Marlins beat the Yankees for the World Series? But then again i grew up as an Orioles fan so the yankees were never one of my faves. For the record, I've not been to a Marlins game since the last time jerkwad owner sold off the team all all the great proprects in the farm system. I'll go back to cheering for them when he sells.

Knicks-Heat has to be one of the great rivalries of the 80s and Jets-Dolphins always produce great games! So many New Yorkers down here make for a large chunk of fans for the visiting team whenever one of them's in town.

1810, I promise hockey will work it's way into the story :2thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Did I mention I was also there when the Marlins beat the Yankees for the World Series? But then again i grew up as an Orioles fan so the yankees were never one of my faves. For the record, I've not been to a Marlins game since the last time jerkwad owner sold off the team all all the great proprects in the farm system. I'll go back to cheering for them when he sells.

Knicks-Heat has to be one of the great rivalries of the 80s and Jets-Dolphins always produce great games! So many New Yorkers down here make for a large chunk of fans for the visiting team whenever one of them's in town.

1810, I promise hockey will work it's way into the story :2thumbs:

Don't  worry about hockey on my account. The only sport I like is Baseball. Rooting for my Jays to go all the way this year. :)

• Like 1

Don't  worry about hockey on my account. The only sport I like is Baseball. Rooting for my Jays to go all the way this year. :)

Hockey's already been mentioned in one of the chapters waiting to be posted. Sports will be part of the tale since the boys and the uncles are all physically active. Walls doesn't have a big jock culture, the connection will be mostly out of school.