Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

:rofl:

I needed that laugh!

Thanks for the compliment, my editor deserves a lot of credit for pushing me and teaching me. As do the Beta readers.

It's tough to balance out all the elements in as complicated a story as I've outlined. Yep, I'm a masochist! The Dragon/King line could have been an entire short story of its own, but I wanted to juggle a few balls keeping CJ as the center of attention. If I stress any of the subplots out too much, he fades into the background. I will always strive to have anything going on affect CJ in some way. Even if it takes a bunch of chapters for it to come to light.

I'll confess to dropping a line here and there which will eventually lead to a scene or more down the line. Dragon and Kings problems were initially set up back in chapter 10 of Summer, when they discussed their lifestyle with CJ. It created some controversy with some readers but it was needed to establish what would come later. Plus I felt it was in character with the type of relationship the adults were establishing with the :funny: kid.

Funny thing is I have the final scene of the story all set in my mind. It may take me a couple of years to get there though LOL

The final scene. Hmm....... would that be CJ's graduation from Walls by any chance? Or is that information   :X ?

• Like 1

The final scene. Hmm....... would that be CJ's graduation from Walls by any chance? Or is that information   :X ?

Do you need to ask? It's always  :X

:no::X:P

I'll say this much: the first hint is in either chapter 2 or 3 of Winter! I'm still reorganizing scenes between those two chapters

Great Carlos... I now made a note to pay attention to those chapters, as there wasn't a chance in hell I'd remember that vague spoiler... 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

:no::X:P

I'll say this much: the first hint is in either chapter 2 or 3 of Winter! I'm still reorganizing scenes between those two chapters

It was worth a shot.....:lol: 

Do you need to ask? It's always  :X

Great Carlos... I now made a note to pay attention to those chapters, as there wasn't a chance in hell I'd remember that vague spoiler... 

I was hoping this jury duty business would distract Carlos and he'd let slip a clue. :gikkle:

You and me both. :)

• Like 2

It was worth a shot..... :lol:

I was hoping this jury duty business would distract Carlos and he'd let slip a clue. :gikkle:

You and me both. :)

He forgot to mention the scene where Scooby Doo rips of Harley's mask to reveal he is really Col Asshole :P

Are Betas allowed to reveal the dramatic ending?

If you seriously think Carlos would let a simple jury trial distract him enough to reveal any serious clues well...   :rolleyes:

Hmmmm bloody author, there may or may not be a vague clue somewhere in the early chapters that may or may not have an impact on the outcome of the story. Next you will tell us that the sky is blue or that by reading the story we will find out what happens :P

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 3

Hmmmm bloody author, there may or may not be a vague clue somewhere in the early chapters that may or may not have an impact on the outcome of the story. Next you will tell us that the sky is blue or that by reading the story we will find out what happens :P

LMAO! I took my laptop to the courthouse the last two days. Wednesday I managed to do a little writing. Yesterday wasn't as productive, as the entire afternoon was spent inside the courtroom, while the prosecutor asked questions of all us potential jurors. More of the same in store today so I won't get any writing done in all likelyhood. I'll have to jot down ideas for additional hints to include in Winter on paper!

To prove your point, I foreshadowed Chipper moving to DC back in chapter 4 of Summer when Chip made a comment about Doc wanting his kids to move to DC. So it took me 30 chapters or so to get there, but it shows you I'm not entirely making it up as I go along. I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going, it's the actual streets I take there which might change a bit along the way. :D

• Like 4

LMAO! I took my laptop to the courthouse the last two days. Wednesday I managed to do a little writing. Yesterday wasn't as productive, as the entire afternoon was spent inside the courtroom, while the prosecutor asked questions of all us potential jurors. More of the same in store today so I won't get any writing done in all likelyhood. I'll have to jot down ideas for additional hints to include in Winter on paper!

To prove your point, I foreshadowed Chipper moving to DC back in chapter 4 of Summer when Chip made a comment about Doc wanting his kids to move to DC. So it took me 30 chapters or so to get there, but it shows you I'm not entirely making it up as I go along. I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going, it's the actual streets I take there which might change a bit along the way. :D

You never know when someone or something is gonna throw up a detour to your planned route ...

• Like 3

But...but Doc says it's not for sure yet!!!

Funny he's the only person who doesn't recognize Chipper moving in is a foregone conclusion.

Ok you totally foreshadowed that, but even if someone saw that hint, I don't think anyone could have predicted how you actually made that happen. The only other hint was just how pissed Chipper was at his dad after the breakup. You emphasized the bond there pretty good.

So once Winter is being posted we can all start scouring for every random joke or smartass comment cause it'll probably be foreshadowing. Dang you've got a ton of characters that love to joke, every line will be foreshadowing!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Damn Carlos, I feel like I'm back in school - homework and all. :lol:

So what you're saying essentially, is that there is an untold number of Easter eggs on the horizon. The question I have, for now, is how big of a basket will I need to hold them all? Would a score card be handy in this situation?

:)

• Like 1

Funny he's the only person who doesn't recognize Chipper moving in is a foregone conclusion.

Ok you totally foreshadowed that, but even if someone saw that hint, I don't think anyone could have predicted how you actually made that happen. The only other hint was just how pissed Chipper was at his dad after the breakup. You emphasized the bond there pretty good.

So once Winter is being posted we can all start scouring for every random joke or smartass comment cause it'll probably be foreshadowing. Dang you've got a ton of characters that love to joke, every line will be foreshadowing!

So what you're saying essentially, is that there is an untold number of Easter eggs on the horizon. The question I have, for now, is how big of a basket will I need to hold them all? Would a score card be handy in this situation?

You guys are funny! 

Of course there are Easter eggs all over, and there a leading comments all over. But the reason I brought Chipper up was to show I've been planning things for a while and sometimes I'll evade questions because the answer may give things away.

No homework. Relax and enjoy.

• Like 1

So what you are telling us is you like the scenic route?

You mean you HAVEN'T been looking for Easter Eggs???

Score cards are ALWAYS useful when there is such a big cast of characters!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

So Reader, Carlos tell us that you can provide additional insight into the onion soup reference in his latest prompt story ...

Hey dugh

To paraphrase CJ, yup, I have the answers you seek. The onion reference was inspired by a little story I told Carlos about. 

The excerpt below is taken from a PM I sent him (knew it would amuse him)  followed by his reply - 

Saw a notice posted in my building yesterday that I thought might make you chuckle.

First, let me say, there were no reports of injuries. 

I actually laughed, shook my head then rolled my eyes after reading the notice.

It seems that there is a lunatic(s?) living on the east (I live on the west side) of my building who thought it would be great fun (?motive unknown) to throw onions (yes, I said onions and large ones at that) at pedestrians. What is up with that? The perpetrators have not been apprehended so of course the notice was about reporting ..... If you saw/know about this, that or the other thing. Not going to happen, I think.

If if you ask me, it was a waste of some perfectly good onions. Oh yeah, the notice even had pictures of the onions where they lay on the ground.   :lol:

Carlos's response: 

If the world gives you lemons, make lemonade. If it gives you onions make onion soup~!

I'm using that line sooner or later LOL

So that is the story of how lemons got replaced with onions. :)

• Like 1

Hey dugh

To paraphrase CJ, yup, I have the answers you seek. The onion reference was inspired by a little story I told Carlos about. 

The excerpt below is taken from a PM I sent him (knew it would amuse him)  followed by his reply - 

Saw a notice posted in my building yesterday that I thought might make you chuckle.

First, let me say, there were no reports of injuries. 

I actually laughed, shook my head then rolled my eyes after reading the notice.

It seems that there is a lunatic(s?) living on the east (I live on the west side) of my building who thought it would be great fun (?motive unknown) to throw onions (yes, I said onions and large ones at that) at pedestrians. What is up with that? The perpetrators have not been apprehended so of course the notice was about reporting ..... If you saw/know about this, that or the other thing. Not going to happen, I think.

If if you ask me, it was a waste of some perfectly good onions. Oh yeah, the notice even had pictures of the onions where they lay on the ground.   :lol:

Carlos's response: 

If the world gives you lemons, make lemonade. If it gives you onions make onion soup~!

I'm using that line sooner or later LOL

So that is the story of how lemons got replaced with onions. :)

Well it's a wicked twist and turn of phrase. Though I gotta say there are some strange folk in your building.

• Like 1

Well it's a wicked twist and turn of phrase. Though I gotta say there are some strange folk in your building.

Bloody authors will steal a good bit, turn it into a phrase, and use it in a story, any chance they get!

• Like 1

Bloody authors will steal a good bit, turn it into a phrase, and use it in a story, any chance they get!

No likes available ... it's that sort of thing that sets great writing apart from merely good. The unexpected yet simple turn of phrase, it makes you pause and listen.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

No likes available ... it's that sort of thing that sets great writing apart from merely good. The unexpected yet simple turn of phrase, it makes you pause and listen.

dugh put it so eloquently, that I am just going to say ditto!

• Like 1