Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Sorry I've not been around a lot the past few days. Been dealing with family stuff and my time at the computer has been minimal. I've read all the comments on my phone but I won't even try replying on that thing. I still miss rotary phones, my fat fingers have problems with those tiny keys.

I'll be in and out for a few more days but I'll post the next chapter today and set it to publish at the proper time on Friday. There will be NO interruptions. Lie's getting in the way but my commitment to my readers is important and I take it seriously. Means I have to scramble a bit and socialize a tad less but the show will go on.

Totally understand. I think you and I are swimming in the same water this week at least. Hope all will be as well as it can be.. xo

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Sorry I've not been around a lot the past few days. Been dealing with family stuff and my time at the computer has been minimal. I've read all the comments on my phone but I won't even try replying on that thing. I still miss rotary phones, my fat fingers have problems with those tiny keys.

I'll be in and out for a few more days but I'll post the next chapter today and set it to publish at the proper time on Friday. There will be NO interruptions. Lie's getting in the way but my commitment to my readers is important and I take it seriously. Means I have to scramble a bit and socialize a tad less but the show will go on.

No worries Carlos. You just do what you need to do. We're not going anywhere. :hug:

• Like 1

Totally understand. I think you and I are swimming in the same water this week at least. Hope all will be as well as it can be.. xo

No worries Carlos. You just do what you need to do. We're not going anywhere. :hug:

You two are too nice :P

Hope your real world issues quickly resolve themselves.

Carlos' issues are a bit more personal than mine, but I am a part of the problem here. I've had the chapter after next a week already and it is still only partially done.  I am sure you guys saw my status update. Things are getting back to normal finally.

• Like 2

After additional thought ... is it too far fetched to hope that Sean encounters our interpid trio while they are out and realizing CJ's condition steps in or perhaps Cristina [sp?] Okay, this week is too damn slow in passing!

I couldn't reply to this comment before. Too close to what I'd written and I didn't want to give anything away. However as soon as Dugh posted it, Bucket sent me a PM claiming the guess was worth 10 bonus points. Once you've all read the chapter, I'll have additional comments. :D

No cliffie this chapter!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

HA! I bet nobody's going to be scoffing about Brett's overprotective nature now, are they?  -_-

Saved the day that did. :D

Carlos, I think you portrayed that situation and the ensuing ftermath very realistically - the actions and the reactions of everyone. Well done! :thumbup:

• Like 2

I've been justifiably accused of scattering hints around much like a farmer spreads his seeds on the field (minds out of the gutter, please.) Therefore, it was a surprise Dugh was the only one suspecting Sean could save the day. I was certain Def would be screaming for her boyfriend to rush in. :D

For the record:

CJ Part II • Autumn • Chapter 17 • New York City Serenade • Saturday, 9 November 2013

“Oh, César, by the way. Here’s a key to your apartment. Doc gave it to me to use the weekend he was here and I forgot to return it.”

“Why don’t you keep it?” César put his arm around Sean’s shoulders as they followed the rest of the group into the restaurant. “We trust you, you’re on the permanent guest list, and if you ever need the place in an emergency…”

CJ Part III • Winter • Chapter 11 • Growin’ Up • Monday, 10 March 2014

“That’s not it. Get your mind off sex for a minute. We already know that’s not happening with José-María. CJ’s made it clear he’s not interested. This is New York, not Sydney.”

“Okay, what if we make a phone call and take out an insurance policy?”

“What do you have in mind, Jarhead?”

• Like 2

All the points for Dugh... 

Definitely not complaining about Brett...this time.  That's great parenting. It pays to be overprotective sometimes. 

Lost count at 25..the number of times Sean's name came up..what? 

I was admittedly too floored by what was about to happen.. Sean wasn't even on my radar.. Shh..

• Like 2

LMAO! I was kinda proud of this development. My first outline had CJ actually being raped but in the end I decided I could accomplish what I wanted by having it interrupted. The actual details where hell working out. I needed it to flow so the action seemed natural and realistic. The initial draft of the previous chapter ended with Sean walking in but someone mentioned I never use cliffies, so...

• Like 2

All the points for Dugh... 

Definitely not complaining about Brett...this time.  That's great parenting. It pays to be overprotective sometimes. 

Lost count at 25..the number of times Sean's name came up..what? 

I was admittedly too floored by what was about to happen.. Sean wasn't even on my radar.. Shh..

Based on the personalities involved, Brett for once took the right approach: subtle and sneaky. Many parents would have just said no leading to resentment. In this case CJ's going to feel gratitude instead. Win-win if I ever saw it.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I forgot about that exchange between Brett and Cesar. Must pay much much closer attention and question everything I read...

What are they really saying? Where can it lead? I think I should have been a detective rather than a bookworm! :lol:

• Like 1

LMAO! I was kinda proud of this development. My first outline had CJ actually being raped but in the end I decided I could accomplish what I wanted by having it interrupted. The actual details where hell working out. I needed it to flow so the action seemed natural and realistic. The initial draft of the previous chapter ended with Sean walking in but someone mentioned I never use cliffies, so...

And it was.. Natural and realistic that is.. 

I'm still shocked that JM let it go that far.. That he was going to be a part of it.. Can't wait for that insurance policy to kick in.. 

• Like 2

Sean Brody Rape Insurance Company to the rescue.

Do you all remember what Sean's middle name is?

Is that a trick frikkin question... Owen.. 

Edit to add: I probably should have disqualified myself.. 

Edited by Defiance19
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Off topic, but we just past the ski hills and they still have snow on them and we're still at least 2 hours south of the cottage. Uh oh....

As for his middle name being Owen, what are you trying to tell us?

Off topic, but we just past the ski hills and they still have snow on them and we're still at least 2 hours south of the cottage. Uh oh....

As for his middle name being Owen, what are you trying to tell us?

Just trivia...

But didn't some readers want CJ and Owen to end up together?

Edited by Carlos Hazday

OMG... Okay I definitely need my brain to wake up.. I just got the Insurance policy bit, reading through the posts again.. Geezus... I'm slow.. 

Reader, Sean appreciates the love. The more the happier just as long as you stay on your side of the border we can share...  :P

• Like 2

The sex worker saves the day! Goes to show you can't always judge a book by it's cover :D

Thank God I don't discriminate.. I always knew there was so much more to Sean than his job.. :rolleyes:

Just trivia...

But didn't some readers want CJ and Owen to end up together?

Would Sean hook up with CJ though? I'm thinking not.. And trying to throw that little Owen thing in there to distract us...really? 

I always liked Sean, I just wasn't as enamoured with him as some of the others. :)

By others you mean....me?  :blushing: lol.. The thirst is real I'm afraid.. 

• Like 1