Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I'm with Dugh on this point. Sean is definitely the older brother/uncle type where CJ is concerned and he wears that mantle well. The way he took care of Jose-Maria and Bernardo - and CJ in the aftermath - is an awesome example of that role in action.  Besides, CJ has reconnected with Owen, so I don't seem cheating on Owen by being with another guy. 

Reconnected as friends, taking it slow. I guess it's the smart thing to do but they are not couple yet (still crossing fingers here).

CJ has admitted he was an ass, now they need to rebuild the relationship.

On the matter of Sean, I completely agree. Besides I heard rumors he falls for an international spy :P

• Like 4

Reconnected as friends, taking it slow. I guess it's the smart thing to do but they are not couple yet (still crossing fingers here).

CJ has admitted he was an ass, now they need to rebuild the relationship.

On the matter of Sean, I completely agree. Besides I heard rumors he falls for an international spy :P

Oops, did I write something where CJ acknowledged he was an ass? I meant to write he was an ass-man!

Is Def trolling the bars of Chelsea hoping to run into one of the boys? We know Sean belongs to WOOF; where I a stalker I'd be hanging out in the showers at the gym!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

So maybe CJ and Owen's relationship will just be platonic especially if Owen has no plans to say stateside after law school (I don't recall his post law school plans being mentioned). I don't see CJ moving to Australia...

• Like 1

So maybe CJ and Owen's relationship will just be platonic especially if Owen has no plans to say stateside after law school (I don't recall his post law school plans being mentioned). I don't see CJ moving to Australia...

:X :X :X

It isn't always Brett, but go check the final line of EVERY chapter of Spring and compare them to the title :D

Def seems to have changed her tune about CJ and Chipper ending up together, but you have no idea how many emails I've received with people wanting CJ to have a boyfriend. First it was Harley, then Chipper, lately it's Owen. Speculation's good, it keeps me on my toes!

Not changed my tune so much as Chipper changing it for me.. I thought he and CJ had amazing chemistry when they first met, and they obviously still do.. If Chipper flips that switch I'm all for that triangle.. But triangle = drama, and we don't do unnecessary drama...  I'm okay with things the way they are..  I love Harley, but I wouldn't wish him on CJ as a boyfriend.. I'm exhausted thinking about it... 

Oops, did I write something where CJ acknowledged he was an ass? I meant to write he was an ass-man!

Is Def trolling the bars of Chelsea hoping to run into one of the boys? We know Sean belongs to WOOF; where I a stalker I'd be hanging out in the showers at the gym!

Trolling? Dont give me ideas.. But I'm always on alert!  There's a coffee shop in downtown Brooklyn called Bark. Every time I pass by I wish so hard it would be Woof. I find myself smiling and then wonder who's seeing me grinning like a fool.. The clientele is way too hipster tho... 

I have given this serious thought.. But it's Carlos, and we never know what happens in four paragraphs let alone four years.. Maybe CJ takes some time and spends it in Oz.. Maybe Owen will be the one to stay... For now both will be adjusting to the differences in their lives, but if they manage to stay together I'll be happy. I hope there will be nothing platonic about the relationship at least for a while.. And if they don't, here's where Chipper flips that switch..lol. J/k 

• Like 2

Not changed my tune so much as Chipper changing it for me.. I thought he and CJ had amazing chemistry when they first met, and they obviously still do.. If Chipper flips that switch I'm all for that triangle.. But triangle = drama, and we don't do unnecessary drama...  I'm okay with things the way they are..  I love Harley, but I wouldn't wish him on CJ as a boyfriend.. I'm exhausted thinking about it... 

Trolling? Dont give me ideas.. But I'm always on alert!  There's a coffee shop in downtown Brooklyn called Bark. Every time I pass by I wish so hard it would be Woof. I find myself smiling and then wonder who's seeing me grinning like a fool.. The clientele is way too hipster tho... 

I have given this serious thought.. But it's Carlos, and we never know what happens in four paragraphs let alone four years.. Maybe CJ takes some time and spends it in Oz.. Maybe Owen will be the one to stay... For now both will be adjusting to the differences in their lives, but if they manage to stay together I'll be happy. I hope there will be nothing platonic about the relationship at least for a while.. And if they don't, here's where Chipper flips that switch..lol. J/k 

Are you implying I spring surprises out of nowhere?

As for the rest, see my previous answer to 1810. :P

• Site Moderator

Def, my spy skills need sharpening. You wanna go on a spy mission to south Florida? There's a certIn author down there who I hear is up to no good - keeping lots of secrets and all. He and his work should be investigated.  You know, for the good of GAers everywhere...

• Like 1

Are you implying I spring surprises out of nowhere?

As for the rest, see my previous answer to 1810. :P

Yes! Yes I am... 

Def, my spy skills need sharpening. You wanna go on a spy mission to south Florida? There's a certIn author down there who I hear is up to no good - keeping lots of secrets and all. He and his work should be investigated.  You know, for the good of GAers everywhere...

I'm on it.. 

Hmmm... I wonder if Mann has some extra space in that bunker he built before he lit a fire around her with an innocent burn.

I'm not over that burn yet.. There was nothing innocent about it... If you're planning anything remotely near that kind of outrage, the bunker won't be safe... 

And what's wrong with Australia?????  :pissed:

Given his appreciation for a good drop, CJ might forget about architecture and take one of the wine making courses in Adelaide. Then he could work on the family vineyard, well it will be his family if he hooks up with Owen  :lol:

Quite a few vineyards pride themselves on their environmental credentials - right up CJ's alley

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Given his appreciation for a good drop, CJ might forget about architecture and take one of the wine making courses in Adelaide. Then he could work on the family vineyard, well it will be his family if he hooks up with Owen  :lol:

Quite a few vineyards pride themselves on their environmental credentials - right up CJ's alley

Nothing B, absolutely nothing. I'm sure it's a wonderful place, but I just don't see CJ moving there is all 

Nothing B, absolutely nothing. I'm sure it's a wonderful place, but I just don't see CJ moving there is all 

That would probably necessitate the writer to spend considerable time in Austrlia. You know how he likes to describe places he's actually been to and things he's actually done.

If I couldn't live in the US, Australia would be one of my two top choices.

• Like 2

One of the reasons I really like your story is the lack of gratuitous sex. You have well developed story arc and real life characters. Your characters speech fits the character and they don't all sound like Oxford Professors. ;) I really like the way you have handled several social issues in your story especially Dragon and King's ( I hope I got the names right) lifestyle and the perils of it.

Such a gratifying comment from a reader. You guys are the best!

Now I'm curious as to how CJ meets the Obamas ...

Can't argue with them on what was said.

I know how but it's not written yet. Did you doubt for a minute I would fail to delve into politics once CJ gets better established. Heck a couple of weeks after arriving he landed an internship with a senator and he just turned down the opportunity to be a page in the US Senate. Figures the boy would accept one from a Republican and turn one down from the Democrats. Who says I've brainwashed him? LOL

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Just a quick thought for now. The first thing that came to my mind when I read the the opening of today's chapter was "what a difference a year makes". It may be a cliche, but to go from crying in his dad's arms to singing happy birthday to his best bud.... Awesome!

PS: Carlos, thanks for making this final chapter of Spring a long one. :D

• Like 1

So the tale comes to an end. Gotta tell you though I understand it's probably a relief for you to be able to bring the actual effort of writing to an end I wish it wasn't so. I want to know what happens on that road trip, and when Patrick and Bradley arrive, and the time in Oz. I'm not ready to just say godspeed as these people sail on into a private and unknown future ...

That being said I've got to tell you that while walking in the park with the pup this morning I encountered a young lad that brought Harley to mind. He was tall and lean [typical runner's body] dressed in nothing more than a brief pair of nylon shorts and running shoes. There was a lot of very pretty pale smooth sweat-dewed skin. It was one of the neighborhood kids returned from college for the summer. 

Carlos, thank you for sharing CJ and all those he has encountered in this past year, yeah even the vile ones because they were a necessary evil. It has been an wonderful read.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 2

Worry not Dugh, I know for a fact that CJ and the gang are continuing to scream for attention in Carlos' head.  He may plan to take it easy for a bit, but I am quite sure much more will be written!

• Like 2

Just a quick thought for now. The first thing that came to my mind when I read the the opening of today's chapter was "what a difference a year makes". It may be a cliche, but to go from crying in his dad's arms to singing happy birthday to his best bud.... Awesome!

PS: Carlos, thanks for making this final chapter of Spring a long one. :D

CJ's feeling of isolation when this tale began have apparently dissipated. He has two incredible parents, a large support group of adults, and a tight circle of friends willing to get their hands dirty for him. I think the future looks bright for my kid!

• Like 1

So the tale comes to an end. Gotta tell you though I understand it's probably a relief for you to be able to bring the actual effort of writing to an end I wish it wasn't so. I want to know what happens on that road trip, and when Patrick and Bradley arrive, and the time in Oz. I'm not ready to just say godspeed as these people sail on into a private and unknown future ...

That being said I've got to tell you that while walking in the park with the pup this morning I encountered a young lad that brought Harley to mind. He was tall and lean [typical runner's body] dressed in nothing more than a brief pair of nylon shorts and running shoes. There was a lot of very pretty pale smooth sweat-dewed skin. It was one of the neighborhood kids returned from college for the summer. 

Carlos, thank you for sharing CJ and all those he has encountered in this past year, yeah even the vile ones because they were a necessary evil. It has been an wonderful read.

You perv! :rofl:

I'm looking forward to a little break, but you're right there's more to tell at some point. I need to give my support team a break and I don't want to churn out chapters for the sake of keeping the story going. It's important to know when to say enough. And that's enough for now.

Thanks for sticking with me, Dugh. And thank you for the praise and comments all throughout.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

CJ's feeling of isolation when this tale began have apparently dissipated. He has two incredible parents, a large support group of adults, and a tight circle of friends willing to get their hands dirty for him. I think the future looks bright for my kid!

Everyone should be so lucky...:)

• Like 1