Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Following on from your review comments - of course I was having a go at your "accountant in work and life" Cesar.

The Dads did a good job of hiding their own fears when CJ arrived on their door step, Reader's comments about Monday to Friday parents was a good description. It had to be a major change for the two of them. Luckily Cesar had access to an older brother to help him along the way and the good sense to contact him.

• Like 3

Yes, C, I do think about you and all that summer clothing, or lack thereof!

I think we have a mutual admiration society going on here. :yes:

Following on from your review comments - of course I was having a go at your "accountant in work and life" Cesar.

The Dads did a good job of hiding their own fears when CJ arrived on their door step, Reader's comments about Monday to Friday parents was a good description. It had to be a major change for the two of them. Luckily Cesar had access to an older brother to help him along the way and the good sense to contact him.

You have no idea how long it took me to find the right situation to bring that to light. As cool and as much as the dads may have their crap together, being entirely responsible for a 15 yo had to be a shock for them. Brett may be a bit easier going, but we already know how much he loves the kid. He may not have worried that much. Cesar's a bit more sedate, maybe because he's older? It sounded right for the accountant to dot his Is and cross his Ts by asking his older brother for advice.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I think we have a mutual admiration society going on here. :yes:

You have no idea how long it took me to find the right situation to bring that to light. As cool and as much as the dads may have their crap together, being entirely responsible for a 15 yo had to be a shock for them. Brett may be a bit easier going, but we already know how much he loves the kid. He may not have worried that much. Cesar's a bit more sedate, maybe because he's older? It sounded right for the accountant to dot his Is and cross his Ts by asking his older brother for advice.

I had a conversation with my Sil regarding her days as a newbie parent. She told me that she had many many phone conversations with her Sil (with four kids she had to know a thing or two about raising them) to get advice on how to do things the right way. Seems that kind of thing is pretty universal...

• Like 3

Back to Australia next week. After all the title of the book is Travels :D

Oops I forgot to comment...

CJ in Australia  :D  :D  :D

Mr Burgess will be happy to :X  CJ and  :X him day and night

(for the viewers playing at home - host and entertain, of course  :rolleyes: )

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Come on B, tell us how you really feel.  :P

Of course, that's what you meant.........

Edited by Reader1810

Maybe the twins will want to both entertain CJ when's he's down under. I'd say yes to that offer... Beefy identical twins... hmmmm....

• Like 3

If you bump into a member with the name dvo1976, say hello. He's a fan of the story and just joined GA today so he could follow it since Travels isn't being posted anywhere else right now.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention Owen returns this Friday when CJ arrives in Australia. Will they pick up where they left off (in bed) or will they fall into the 'friend-zone'? Bookies are taking bets on wheter he and CJ do the naked tango again...

• Like 2

Wheter?

LMAO, my typing's definitely not a strong point. Neither weather nor whether. Funny thing's I made the same mistake in a chapter recently. I caught it before anyone else saw it! But you know stuff slips through. That's why I'm glad people like you are out there to keep me honest.

At least I don't screw up common words a lot of others do. If I read about a 'school principle' again I'm going to scream. What's so hard about remembering principal? And don't get me started on capital/capitol!

• Like 2

Both capital/Capitol and principle/principal are on my find and check list for every story I edit, along with about 75 other sets of misused words. And don't get me started on the over use of "that". Since I edited an 8 page chapter removing more than 80 that's, hubby started calling my editing "de-thating". THAT author is no longer around.

• Like 4

Not to knock the wind out of your sails, but I read somewhere that one of the twins has a girlfriend...

I'm not the jealous type... One of the older brothers has and aborable baby. Can't recall if it's a boy or a girl.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I'm not the jealous type... One of the older brothers has and adorable baby. Can't recall if it's a boy or a girl.

In the long run, since they're in Australia, they're nothing more than eye candy and/or the stuff dreams are made of...I can live with that. ;)

• Like 1

Not to knock the wind out of your sails, but I read somewhere that one of the twins has a girlfriend...

Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the dessert offerings.

• Like 1