Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Authors who use contemporary timeframes and "real world" events need to be that organised otherwise some smartass reader will come along and say "actually on 13 April it was sunny in the morning but the wind picked up with a storm in the afternoon, so everyone on board the PP would have drowned"

• Like 1

Authors who use contemporary timeframes and "real world" events need to be that organised otherwise some smartass reader will come along and say "actually on 13 April it was sunny in the morning but the wind picked up with a storm in the afternoon, so everyone on board the PP would have drowned"

And I definitely have a couple of Aussie smartass readers, don't I?

Did you know December 2013 was dryer and warmer than usual in New South Wales? :D

And I definitely have a couple of Aussie smartass readers, don't I?

Did you know December 2013 was dryer and warmer than usual in New South Wales? :D

No I didn't but as a resident of WA on the other side of the country, I don't care :P

Actually we had a few bad bush fires in October 2013, it was not a good year for Sydney

I had to check once JP invited them to spend Christmas in Oz.

We've had this discussion before, water temperature will be slightly colder than CJ's used to in Miami but he'll butch up and deal with it if he goes in the ocean. :yes: The kid's going to have whiplash with the temperatures, first real winter with cold temperatures in DC and then back to warm summer in NSW.

I had to check once JP invited them to spend Christmas in Oz.

We've had this discussion before, water temperature will be slightly colder than CJ's used to in Miami but he'll butch up and deal with it if he goes in the ocean. :yes: The kid's going to have whiplash with the temperatures, first real winter with cold temperatures in DC and then back to warm summer in NSW.

I have left Perth dressed for the 40C weather, jumped on a plane for London and arrived to -1C. Cold to warm is a much better swap.

• Like 1

Ok Bucket - have you been hanging around with that astrophysicist that noticed the stars were wrong for the night the Titanic sank in the movie?

Not yet but if it gives me ammo to stir up Carlos then I'm all for it

Ok Bucket - have you been hanging around with that astrophysicist that noticed the stars were wrong for the night the Titanic sank in the movie?

Washn't the ship replica built in Mexico? The position of the stars would have been even more distorted because of the distance from the North Atlantic!

According to the astrophysisist it wasn't even a real sky shot. He said it was computer generated and a mirror image left to right. Why does trivia like this stick in my head?

• Like 1

According to the astrophysisist it wasn't even a real sky shot. He said it was computer generated and a mirror image left to right. Why does trivia like this stick in my head?

More importantly, why would anybody give the sky more than a passing glance. The guy has too much time on his hands!

I guess if it's your business you might notice

Yup... everytime I read a story and the author says something was done for tax purposes or describes financial consequences of anything incorrectly, I cringe.

There's really very little excuse for that in the Google age. My editors/Beta readers have often questioned how I've written something and spending a few minutes on line has always helped clear up the issue. I'll stick to just describing a sky full of stars and bypass specific constellations LOL

Happy birthday to Nakoa Wolf Manakauapo!

To celebrate his 36th, Danno's locking up the cash registers, during happy hour at Rogo's today.

All cocktails are on the house between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

:2thumbs::D  :thankyou:  :D:2thumbs:

Happy birthday to Nakoa Wolf Manakauapo!

To celebrate his 36th, Danno's locking up the cash registers, during happy hour at Rogo's today.

All cocktails are on the house between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

:2thumbs::D  :thankyou:  :D:2thumbs:

I will be there :)

• Like 1

Of course so instead of DC I'm in Pittsburgh.

You have to behave anyway, you're meeting with a future in-law! Wouldn't do for you to be out all night drinking and carousing with a bunch of hunky gay men! LOL

• Site Moderator

Trooper Tales - THE END

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

I use the system to post Autumn chapters ahead of schedule setting them to publish at the correct time. It's easy to mess up and I obviously did so with TT. It's all good, it was only a day early. Could you imagine if 2 or 3 chapters of Autumn posted together, ahead of schedule?  :no:

Anyway, they've been together for six months according to Espinosa. I think I'll wait until the honeymoon year is over before I check in with Troop and Marsh. A cop and a fireman, now that would be an original premise for a gay adult film...  :rofl:

Originally, my comment was going to be off topic. But thanks to your reply to my review (as copied above), I have a nice little tie in to CJ.

The reason I think  an epilogue might be warranted is because it would be good to check in on Officer E. You know, to make sure that all is right with his world..... As for your comment about posting 2 or 3 chapters of Autumn all at once. I could imagine that and wouldn't have a problem with that at all!  :D  :yes:  :D

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Trooper Tales - THE END

..... As for your comment about posting 2 or 3 chapters of Autumn all at once. I could imagine that and wouldn't have a problem with that at all!  :D  :yes:  :D

Unless you noticed it early in the day and got caught reading it at work!

• Like 3

Trooper Tales - THE END

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

I use the system to post Autumn chapters ahead of schedule setting them to publish at the correct time. It's easy to mess up and I obviously did so with TT. It's all good, it was only a day early. Could you imagine if 2 or 3 chapters of Autumn posted together, ahead of schedule?  :no:

Anyway, they've been together for six months according to Espinosa. I think I'll wait until the honeymoon year is over before I check in with Troop and Marsh. A cop and a fireman, now that would be an original premise for a gay adult film...  :rofl:

Originally, my comment was going to be off topic. But thanks to your reply to my review (as copied above), I have a nice little tie in to CJ.

The reason I think  an epilogue might be warranted is because it would be good to check in on Officer E. You know, to make sure that all is right with his world..... As for your comment about posting 2 or 3 chapters of Autumn all at once. I could imagine that and wouldn't have a problem with that at all!  :D  :yes:  :D

Let's wait a bit and see what I can come up with for Troop. For now, I need to concentrate on Autumn which has a lot of events coming on soon and on Winter which needs the outline fleshed out. Any free time I'm in the beginning stages of another little story, complitely unrelated to CJ and his gang.

I already have fewer completed chapters in inventory than I'd like, posting 2 or 3 in one shot would probably just kill me off! lOL

Never worry about something being 'off-topic" on this forum. I'd rather not have it turn into a frivolous substitute for the chat room, but ANYTHING related to writing and/or ANY story of mine or others, I'll always welcome! The forums are not meant to be so strict as to limit discussion just to the series or story they're named after!

Unless you noticed it early in the day and got caught reading it at work!

Just call it a tablet malfunction. You were searchin for somethin about police horses and Trooper Tales popped up by accident!

• Like 1