[dkstories] Inconsistencies With Davey's Age In Do Over

In re-reading Do Over I've noticed that Davey's ages don't line up properly with the given dates.  The 'facts' in the story are that his birthday is in January, he was 12 on July 31, 1981 (the night he began the do-over), and that he participated in the experiment in 2004. Using an age calculator shows that to be 12 on 7-31-81, he was born January of 1969 and would have been 35 in 2004.  At the beginning of the series it says he was 32 when he went back, which matches the 20 year period that he was supposed to experience, when it should be 23 going by the dates.  Then after the first few chapters it seems to be fairly consistent saying he was 36 at the time of the experiment, though that could conceivably just be 35 rounded up if the experiment occurred rather late in the year.

I think the easiest fix would be to have the experiment occur late in '04, so that Davey is nearly 36, and to have had the doctor overshoot the 20 year target date.

There are quite a few inconsistencies in the whole series :)

Names of parents is one I can think of right now.

He could be traveling not only in time but in between multi-universes. That would solve most of the issues. :)

That type of inconsistencies is an ever-present fear. Juggling a bunch of characters, I'm always going back to check my notes to make sure things are consistent. Most of the time a good editor or Beta reader will be a great help in the matter.

My Excel spreadsheet are half as long as the story itself! :P

That type of inconsistencies is an ever-present fear. Juggling a bunch of characters, I'm always going back to check my notes to make sure things are consistent. Most of the time a good editor or Beta reader will be a great help in the matter.

My Excel spreadsheet are half as long as the story itself! :P

And I still end up asking if something adds up right! Sometimes it actually does and it's my perception off, other times they actually don't!

• Like 1