Hello all! Long time no see!

Since getting a toe-hold in the publishing side of things, I've been incredibly busy. GA has always been good to me, and without it, I wouldn't have gotten this far. So I don't want to neglect the very site that made everything possible.

To combat my hectic schedule, I joined the flash fiction group, Wednesday Briefs! Starting soon, I'll be posting chapters for a new serial with 500-1k word counts. This gives me time to continue to provide free content and stay focused on my new manuscripts. Win/Win!

The new story, Innocence & Carnality, is a steampunk serial based off a GA prompt, The Arrival, I've been meaning to expand for a long time. The first post will be starting within the next few weeks. Stay tuned! I'm really excited!

Woo hoo!!

• Site Administrator

And we're glad to have you!! I use the Briefers to keep me writing free fiction as well; when I just don't feel like writing, I can't help but at least get that 1k piece done each week because I've made that commitment to my fans and the group. I once went 3 months without writing a single update on a serial novel--but that flash got done every week!

• Like 1

The 1k limit poses a challenge to be concise and be complete in an efficient manner. A lot of authors could stand to pare the word usage down, and at times I'm in the same boat. The trick is to give the readers a good scene each week within its confines.

So this is why you keep writing simplifying on the margin notes... :P

• Like 1

I'm feeling quite frustrated with this story. It' great and I love it, but the chapters are so short. Just when I'm getting into the mood and the tale, the chapter ends. Then I'm left wanting to know more and it's so frustrating I feel like smacking my keyboard or ripping my hair out. I haven't even dared to leave any reviews, for fear of them been all bitchy and :pissed:  But I will get back and comment, I promise.

• Like 1

I'm feeling quite frustrated with this story. It' great and I love it, but the chapters are so short. Just when I'm getting into the mood and the tale, the chapter ends. Then I'm left wanting to know more and it's so frustrating I feel like smacking my keyboard or ripping my hair out. I haven't even dared to leave any reviews, for fear of them been all bitchy and :pissed:  But I will get back and comment, I promise.

Ha, ha! I know! It's a constant battle with my greed reading this. On the other hand, updates are regular every week. You could wait a few weeks and read more at a time...? But I guess your curiosity has you beat too!

I really liked the last%

Ha, ha! I know! It's a constant battle with my greed reading this. On the other hand, updates are regular every week. You could wait a few weeks and read more at a time...? But I guess your curiosity has you beat too!

I really liked the last chapter. I think the lord appreciated a bit of spirit in his betrothed. I just wonder why the virginity thing was so important. Rother doesn't seem so hung up on formalities and proper behaviour.