You said in a review answer, that Nathan is not penniless.  Where did he got his money from? Was the dowry for Nathan like a morning gift?  Or does his got some wealth from his family? I am so curious because dowry has a few options to translate and the meaning vary from money Rother pays the family as compensation to money which Nathan gets and brings in the marriage, but is owned by him. It depends on the tradition a society follows.

Lyssa

Nathan seems determined to believe the worst of Rother. I was wondering if this is because he has never met a decent person in his old life (his family and all the other nobles in Victoria are shallow or nasty or both). But then I recalled that Nathan learned his skill at building clocks etc from an artisan or somebody, so he must have had at least one nice person in his life apart from Harston.

Oh and I loved how Blythe told Nathan Rother would be über-possessive. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

It's Wednesday here... just saying ;)

Hehe... I'm always hoping it posts before I have to leave.. 

Seeing the notifications of both your postings had me going there for a minute...thought you were commenting on the new chapter...

It would be a nice surprise if it posted earlier than usual. Pretty please with sugar on top... *wishes really hard*

I didn't even have to nag. ;)

So, who pays for the shopping: Nathan or Blythe?

You said in a review answer, that Nathan is not penniless.  Where did he got his money from? Was the dowry for Nathan like a morning gift?  Or does his got some wealth from his family? I am so curious because dowry has a few options to translate and the meaning vary from money Rother pays the family as compensation to money which Nathan gets and brings in the marriage, but is owned by him. It depends on the tradition a society follows.

Lyssa

As you can see I had the answers in this current chapter (31) and didn't want to spoil anything. (Honest, I had it planned before you asked! It's in my outline and everything!)

• Like 1

Thank you.  :thankyou:  This raised really a lot more questions for me. But at least I try to be patient dont`t ask and wait if the next chapters will answer them. :yes:

Lyssa

I don't mind if you ask questions, but sometimes I can't answer them for one reason or another. Whenever I can without revealing something or creating a tangent that will run the story off topic, I will be happy to. :) Discussion is good.

"I forgot to care enough to look and hide myself from spying eyes."

Thinking about that sentence twice, I hope Nathans inattentiveness dosen`t lead in an other kind of difficult situation. My mind is twisting. What if Vivian has seen them, what and whom would she tell....

Cross fingers that they remain undetected.

Lyssa