My personal rule is if you can't read it, don't ink it permanently on you. I think a lot of people should adopt it. LOL

Maybe you should add 'spell' :lol:

If you cannot read it or spell, don't ink it on you or anyone else.

No regerts :rofl:

I think Rother should have PROPERTY OF DELAGA HOUSE inked on Nathan's butt... in case he runs away again.

I thought Rother said Nathan would never be whored out? But of course he may change his mind, if Nathan doesn't obey and serve. Maybe he should ask Harston what was in his marriage wovs if the valet was there.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • 2 weeks later...

So, who picks up the pieces and starts rebuilding Nathan?

Samantha, Harston, Blythe? Or does Nathan have enough gumption to pick himself off the ground, dust himself off, and pull up his big-boy panties?

• Site Moderator

So, who picks up the pieces and starts rebuilding Nathan?

Samantha, Harston, Blythe? Or does Nathan have enough gumption to pick himself off the ground, dust himself off, and pull up his big-boy panties?

I vote for the latter. This seems like the perfect "wake up" call for Nathan to realize Victorian ideals are nothing more than smokescreen for a reality that is likely closer to the Francinian way of doing things - just a lot more covert. :P

Time to buck up Nathan and get with the program. ;)  

I'm impressed with your faith in Nathan's abilities. I doubt he'll be able to deal with this, ever. Will he hate/despise Arthur or Rother more after this moment?

To me Samantha is the voice of reason and compassion in Delaga House. Her reaction tells me all I need to know about the cruelty of Rother's action.

And in any case I have a hard time believing Rother wants to be helpful. He is merely fed up with Nathan judging him and his profession - with good reason may I add, I think Nathan is silly too. He wants to break Nathan's spirit once and for all, like Carlos pointed out in his review. He'll probably enjoy the resigned and docile husband resulting from this, but if Nathan slides from disgust into depression, Rother may tire of him soon enough. Like a boy breaking his favorite toy and discarding it.

If so, Carlos' ideas about Nathan being shared around could come true. It might actually be more fun / interesting to watch than what just happened. :unsure:

I'm impressed with your faith in Nathan's abilities. I doubt he'll be able to deal with this, ever. Will he hate/despise Arthur or Rother more after this moment?

To me Samantha is the voice of reason and compassion in Delaga House. Her reaction tells me all I need to know about the cruelty of Rother's action.

And in any case I have a hard time believing Rother wants to be helpful. He is merely fed up with Nathan judging him and his profession - with good reason may I add, I think Nathan is silly too. He wants to break Nathan's spirit once and for all, like Carlos pointed out in his review. He'll probably enjoy the resigned and docile husband resulting from this, but if Nathan slides from disgust into depression, Rother may tire of him soon enough. Like a boy breaking his favorite toy and discarding it.

If so, Carlos' ideas about Nathan being shared around could come true. It might actually be more fun / interesting to watch than what just happened. :unsure:

Hey! I really don't think Nathan will be shared around. My feeling's if there's going to be group sex or anything like that, the Little Lord will initiate him.

We still need to agree to disagree, I think Rother is awesome. He might be rough around the edges, but that's to be expected considering his background.

Actually, I look at what Mann has done as an excellent display of what happens when people from wildely different backgrounds are forced together. Nathan's pampered and expects things to be his way. Rother's rough and tumble and expects things to go his way. Neither's right but then again neither's entirely wrong. They're a product of their environment. The magic will come when they find a common ground. That may be where Samanthat might help.

But I'd have zero patince for Nathan myself. He's too whinny. I say it's time for him to grow the fuck up. Once he stands up to his husband things will improve.

But I'd have zero patience for Nathan myself. He's too whinny. I say it's time for him to grow the fuck up. Once he stands up to his husband things will improve.

We can agree to agree about that. :lol:  at least as long as we both think he's whining too much and not saying like a horse. :rofl:

• Like 1

I love it when I get a lot of feedback. This has been one of the highest per chapter so far. :D

not surprisingly the only chapters with more reviews are Nathan breaking out of the locked bedroom (ch. 22) and his fight with Rother over the surprise BJ (ch. 37) - oh and ch. 1 is close.

Edited by Timothy M.

I don`t know if he wants to be helpful. But I can´t escape the feeling that Rother holds a deep range against Arthur, but I am not sure, if this is caused by the treatment of Nathan trough Arthur or something in the past. Is this all out of frustration because Nathan can not adapt as fast as he wishes?

Remembering chapter 8 and what Rother said: “It most certainly is. True success comes from discovering and satisfying the needs of others, not glorifying in something that took little effort.” At that point I had the impression of a man how is deeply interested and talented in understanding other people. So why is the relationship between him and Nathan so handicapped? What are the issues Rother and/or his past and/or the relationship between Rother and Arthur bring in the game?

I am sorry for my grammar and not sure if I got my thoughts sorted out, but it is late.

• Site Moderator

Is Samantha's agitation over breaking of House Delaga practices altruistic or is she perhaps worried? Could her status as the #2 man be threatened?

If it get out that Delaga House rules have been broken that could be bad for business. No business, no job...

I will say that I think Samantha has a different set of ethics than Rother, so altruism could play a part in her actions. Rother, for his part likes the money the business generates and that his clientele are not as upstanding as they would have society believe. 

• Like 1

Is Samantha's agitation over breaking of House Delaga practices altruistic or is she perhaps worried? Could her status as the #2 man be threatened?

I do think that Samantha was making a point from a business standpoint, not position. It should not matter who the client is. The rules are in place for a reason. Can't have the next client thinking that he would be next. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I do think that Samantha was making a point from a business standpoint, not position. It should not matter who the client is. The rules are in place for a reason. Can't have the next client thinking that he would be next. 

Well put. 

1. Rules were made to be broken.

2. The corridors and 2 way glass means management can see everything anyway.

3. Everyone paints this nasty picture of Rother but I think some things are more important than money to him. He forgave a debt to save Nathan.

4. This is Arthur Valencius we're talking about, scumbag deserves his hypocrasy be broadcast to the winds. It won't happen but he better be careful around his son, Rother effectively broke the chains of enslavement.

I volunteer to beat the man with a dildo if Nathan gets tired! :D

• Like 3

I think she genuinely disliked Rother's disregard for the house rules, but another factor could be that by objecting so strenuously, she prevents Arthur and Nathan from getting the idea she was privy to the plan.

• Like 1

Zimmerman is auctioning off the murder weapon, will Rother & Nathan be doing the same with the dildo? And is it a Lady Clankington model or something Samantha designed. OMG is Samantha really Lady Clankington?

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/steampunk-dildos-by-lady-clankington-infernal-devices-2373551

Edited by Carlos Hazday

Zimmerman is auctioning off the murder weapon, will Rother & Nathan be doing the same with the dildo? And is it a Lady Clankington model or something Samantha designed. OMG is Samantha really Lady Clankington?

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/steampunk-dildos-by-lady-clankington-infernal-devices-2373551

Here I was thinking how coincidental the article was, until I caught the date. 

• Like 1