Rother is too damn good a character to discard so this is one way of keeping him around. :D

Don't you mean he's too damn good an :evil: character to discard? :lol:

Hey, wait-a-minute - didn't Mann win a prize for the most evil fictional character? Maybe he's aiming to repeat that feat?

• Site Moderator

I know about that dream sequence but I never actually watched a single episode of Dallas. I was more of a Dynasty fan myself. Best cat fight ever! Alexis vs Krystal!

Dallas was one of my dad's favourites and since we only had one TV that's what we watched every Friday night. I watched Dynasty because I liked it and I know which cat fight you are referring to. It was epic and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on YouTube. 

Edit: YouTube has more than one of their fights :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Don't you mean he's too damn good an :evil: character to discard? :lol:

Hey, wait-a-minute - didn't Mann win a prize for the most evil fictional character? Maybe he's aiming to repeat that feat?

I just checked out the list, and I don't see any of Mann's characters winning anything. If he has won awards, maybe the list hasn't been updated. :)

Edited by Drew Espinosa

I just checked out the list, an I don't see any of Mann's characters winning anything. If he has won awards, maybe the list hasn't been updated. :)

I know CJ won that distinction at least once for the bitch witch in Circumnavigation, I think.

Those awards may have been a beauty pageant for the most part, but some of the categories were sick! Plus Pour Me Another was definitly a winner in my book. A non-sappy love story's a treasure.

I just checked out the list, and I don't see any of Mann's characters winning anything. If he has won awards, maybe the list hasn't been updated. :)

No, he was only nominated: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mann-ramblings/solittlemagicleft

and yeah, the bitch from Circumnavigation was the 'winner.'

So, perhaps Mann means to win it now. ;)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

No, he was only nominated: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/mann-ramblings/solittlemagicleft

So, perhaps he means to win it now. ;)

I do hope the Reader Choice Awards come back soon! I have so many stories and characters I wanna nominate! :D

And Mann, I'll be voting to make sure you do win :thumbup:

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1

"Wake up, Lord Nathan. It's time to get up."

"Huh? What? Harston! Where am I? Where's Rother?"

"You've been having nightmares since your accident at the blacksmith's, my Lord. Would you like to relieve yourself? I'll remove your belt. Your father has requested you present yourself in his study. How did you know we're expecting a visitor from Francine named Rother?"

Nathan reached one hand to his neck, feeling the bandage which bound him a bit too tightly. His other hand went in between his legs to find the hateful device still in place. A moment of clarity came upon him, it had all been a dream.

The End of Part I

Puhleeeeze this ain't "Dallas" ... Mann has a lot more ingenuity in his work than to resort to that. While I really don't like Rother he is an exceptionally well crafted character.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3

"Wake up, Lord Nathan. It's time to get up."

"Huh? What? Harston! Where am I? Where's Rother?"

"You've been having nightmares since your accident at the blacksmith's, my Lord. Would you like to relieve yourself? I'll remove your belt. Your father has requested you present yourself in his study. How did you know we're expecting a visitor from Francine named Rother?"

Nathan reached one hand to his neck, feeling the bandage which bound him a bit too tightly. His other hand went in between his legs to find the hateful device still in place. A moment of clarity came upon him, it had all been a dream.

The End of Part I

Um... no.

Suggest the dream sequence again and I can't be responsible for the devious harm that may befall your precious CJ.

• Like 3

Um... no.

Suggest the dream sequence again and I can't be responsible for the devious harm that may befall your precious CJ.

:rofl:

Vindictive much?

Edited by Carlos Hazday

Um... no.

well, that's a relief. But don't be too :angry: with Carlos, his suggestion sparked a fun discussion. ;)

• Like 2

hey Mann

Have you noticed you have almost as many views as you have words?

Views:  45,092 Words: 45,782

I hadn't, but I figure next week will skew those numbers apart by about 4k.

I'm waiting...

So is Mann (and we) for your review of chapter 46  :lol:

Not like you to be speechless - or perhaps you're waiting for the long chapter Mann seems to be planning for next week?

(Hey that was my post no 4,000, I wonder if anything happens?) 

Edited by Timothy M.

I hope saving Harston and knowing he has Blythe's support and that the huge guy somehow cares for him, may help Nathan find some much needed confidence. I want to see him carry his brand with pride, a mark of having stood up to and defied Rother. Only Samantha has been able to do this, from what we have seen, and although she isn't the 'motherly' type, I hope she will provide some sort of validation too. Nathan clearly notices she is not pleased with Rother's recent behavior, which shows his husband is out of line (not just by Nathan's standards but by hers).

We've been told several times one of the defining characteristics of Victorian nobles are their ability to hide their feelings and act with propriety and cold aloofness at all times. I want to see Nathan put on this mask whenever he is in Rother's presence and when he leaves his room. He can cry and rage as much as he wants when he's alone (or in front of Blythe), but please let him be cool in front of the Delga House staff.

I know Blythe told Nathan the other staff resented his 'lack of showing human emotions' but for now I think Nathan has to fall back on old and well-ingrained habits: Submissive to those with authority over him and dismissive to people who are lackeys and adversaries. If any of the staff show genuine sympathy or interest in his well-being (if they dare), Nathan can act accordingly.

You know I think the real mark of your great abilities as a writer is that you always open up the story to new possible developments. After most chapters we have speculated about what will happen now and even when we're right, the direction doesn't narrow down the path but makes new branches appear. (sorry about the mixing of metaphors, lol).

• Like 3

Anybody wanna speculate about what comes next?

one more day left, so I'll repeat Carlos' challenge:

any guesses on what will happen next?

If we get enough suggestions some of them have to be right. :lol:

• Site Moderator

one more day left, so I'll repeat Carlos' challenge:

any guesses on what will happen next?

If we get enough suggestions some of them have to be right. :lol:

I'm thinking there's going to be a "gang-up" on Rother ... covertly of course. I just wonder how long he would last against Nathan, Samantha and Blythe? I'm also guessing Vivian would be kept in the dark as she is too much of a sycophant where Rother is concerned. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I would guess, that there is a break in time or perspective. Blythe Perspective would be interesting or maybe Rothers. If it is written from Nathans point of view, he hopefully is healed and gets to analyze his situations and looks for allies. I am also curious to read about the gossip from the other employees.  And at least I could think about a subplot between Harston and Arthur, if they meet in Francine accidentally.

Nathan is obviously the Innocent and Rother is the epitome of Carnality and the union is certainly not a marriage of equals.  Unsurprisingly, in most relationships, the bottom rules however subtly....so my vote is that Nathan learns to excel as a bottom and brings Rother to heel.  

• Like 2

While I want to continue reading unabated I do understand a need to pause to breathe and collect yourself before continuing this tale. I'll be here waiting when you're ready to take up the continuing saga.

Carlos in your review you say Rother has been a bad boy and needs to be punished I know you speak tongue-in-cheek but that too easily dismisses what has occurred in Delaga House. Rother's half of the breakfast conversation could have been spoken by my own father. While dad did not display the same depth of physical cruelty he was also never to blame for the things done to us. Living in that environment was a drain on one's self-perception ... am I truly such a bad kid becomes i'm a bad kid. Was that behavior intentional, I'm not certain but none-the-less it did it's damage. It's taken a long time to accept that I am in fact a rather decent person. So yeah, I ache for Nathan and am thrilled at the resolve he now displays and the support of those others around him.

• Like 4

I would guess, that there is a break in time or perspective.

A break in time could work, if Mann wants to go directly to the drama / confrontation rather than take us through Nathan's development slowly. He can always sum up the pertinent events in flashbacks or via Nathan thinking back.

I'm not so sure about a change in perspective, but it would be interesting to follow Blythe. Of course, since the story is called Innocence and Carnality, and we've already had the POV of Innocence and seen him remade, there is a sort of logic in having Rother's POV in part 2. And while it would be hard to stomach, even after a break, I can see Mann rubbing his hands in glee and doing the :evil::gikkle: at the idea.

Anyone else having I&C Wednesday Withdrawal symptoms ? :(

I hope:

Nathan is healing and hatching plots.

Harston is hiding (and having fun with Blythe :P ).

Samantha is haughty with Rother.

Vivian is hurting (a lot :angry: ).

Blythe is hovering protectively around Nathan.

The staff is hating Rother a little bit.

and

Rother is having a hard time. :lol:

• Like 3

I hope Nathan is resistant and doesn't get something like Stockholm syndrome or "identification with the aggressor".

I don´t see a need for Vivian to suffer. With or without her Rother would have been an abuser. She just unveiled it early. Samantha on the other hand should reflect if she could/should trust Rother again. The same goes for Blythe.