• Site Moderator

Of course, no likes... 

But I didn't think Ben heard either.. Thing is will Colin have an attack of dread that he said it, or will he be brave and say it again.

Hadn't considered that as a possibility.

I don't think Colin will regret telling Ben that he loves him but is that true or just wishful thinking on my part? I'm going to stay positive about this - he will tell Ben again and quite happily at that.

The only other niggling concern is Nichole. Will she disappear to save herself or will she want revenge for Kit - not that she likely knows exactly what happened to him, of course. But , she most realize something happened since he didn't catch up with her. 

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the new chapter - even if we did not get the answer to the question about whether Ben heard Colin's last words - but I'm fairly sure he didn't, so Colin will have to say them again. :D  Interesting how Ben is using his pet name for Colin more and more.

I'm still shocked at the callousness of Kit and Nicole. They lost their beloved uncle to someone evil, and now they are killing completely innocent people, who presumably have someone who loves them and would be devastated at their death.

Of course we don't know about Denny and Tony (yes we do, Hugh was extremely upset according to Derek), but Roland's girlfriend loved him, and I'm pretty sure plenty of people would miss Colin and Derek. Not to mention Hugh's parents and any siblings/nephews and nieces he may have.

Oh, but now Kit's conflict and his words: 'I've made my choice' becomes clear. He didn't want to fall in love with a hit, but he did. (Hey I'm a poet, :lol: ). Well, his hesitation lost him the race - not that Colin would ever accept him for what he is, but I guess Kit might have thought it would be easy to keep him unaware. After all Colin was pretty oblivious in his relationship with Vaughan.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Thanks for posting the new chapter - even if we did not get the answer to the question about whether Ben heard Colin's last words - but I'm fairly sure he didn't, so Colin will have to say them again. :D  Interesting how Ben is using his pet name for Colin more and more.

I'm still shocked at the callousness of Kit and Nicole. They lost their beloved uncle to someone evil, and now they are killing completely innocent people, who presumably have someone who loves them and would be devastated at their death.

Of course we don't know about Denny and Tony (yes we do, Hugh was extremely upset according to Derek), but Roland's girlfriend loved him, and I'm pretty sure plenty of people would miss Colin and Derek. Not to mention Hugh's parents and any siblings/nephews and nieces he may have.

Oh, but now Kit's conflict and his words: 'I've made my choice' becomes clear. He didn't want to fall in love with a hit, but he did. (Hey I'm a poet, :lol: ). Well, his hesitation lost him the race - not that Colin would ever accept him for what he is, but I guess Kit might have thought it would be easy to keep him unaware. After all Colin was pretty oblivious in his relationship with Vaughan.

Kit and Nicole didn't really shock me. I've actually known more than my share of people exactly like that. I seem to attract them. By and large these people didn't all seem peculiar to anyone else, although some were very strange. For the most part many had families, children, friends, and seemed on the surface very normal. That picture in itself is probably more disturbing. The image that Kit and Nicole projected as their cover for the world to see was the one they used when they weren't 'working' and it was very natural to them.

Sorry all.

Last couple of helpings are set to tie up many loose ends and I need to make sure everything makes sense - but a huge work schedule has just landed in my lap for the next fortnight -  so am trying to grab bits of time during the daylight and twilight hours to get the next helping served up. 

Brian

• Like 4

Sorry all.

Last couple of helpings are set to tie up many loose ends and I need to make sure everything makes sense - but a huge work schedule has just landed in my lap for the next fortnight -  so am trying to grab bits of time during the daylight and twilight hours to get the next helping served up. 

Brian

Thanks for letting us know Brian.. Meanwhile, we will just sit here, not so patiently until you can get it to us...  :thumbup:

• Site Moderator

Sorry all.

Brian

To borrow from a cliche "good things come to those who wait". Take your time, and like Def said, we will patiently await the next helping. :)

Sorry all.

Brian

I won't say I'm not curious as hell, but take your time! We can wait. No, really, we can! :)

• Like 1

If nothing else, I would hope Colin has learned to communicate honestly and openly with Ben by now. So I would say he'll dare!

And here I was thinking that Ben should communicate honestly with Colin! Colin shouldn't be the only one putting his heart on the line. But he came a long way in this chapter.

Edited by Geemeedee
  • Like 2

I want to know why Colin decide not to go for the job in Argentina. Was it because he realized he loves Ben? You'd think he'd *want* to get away, since Ben hasn't given any indication he can return the feelings. Or is it because he doesn't want more upheaval after the recent life drama? And why didn't he just ASK Billy why he's staying, instead of just guessing?

I want to know why Colin decide not to go for the job in Argentina. Was it because he realized he loves Ben? You'd think he'd *want* to get away, since Ben hasn't given any indication he can return the feelings. Or is it because he doesn't want more upheaval after the recent life drama? And why didn't he just ASK Billy why he's staying, instead of just guessing?

Colin may have asked Billy, and only gotten the answer he gave about enjoying the excitement. Billy seems to be capable of not divulging anything he wants to keep secret. :lol:

There is no way Colin would leave while he still hopes to win Ben. And I think Ben has given plenty of indications, even if he pretends he's not committed yet.

I'm sure Colin won't leave now that Ben is within the realm of possibility. They might tread a bit carefully right now, but I predict thry will soon find they can't live without each other.

Such a sweet scene! Karaoke. Who would have thought?

I thought it was not an unusual thing for Ben to join in the karaoke. Aftet all, the crowd seemed used to his singing and he was comfortable performing. Almost all songs are about love, so that wouldn't be a clue. Also, Colin wasn't sitting that close to the stage so people could see their exchange of looks. So no, I don't think it was a coming out. But he seems more comfortable around Colin in public, so maybe he's getting there.

• Like 1

I thought it was not an unusual thing for Ben to join in the karaoke. Aftet all, the crowd seemed used to his singing and he was comfortable performing. Almost all songs are about love, so that wouldn't be a clue. Also, Colin wasn't sitting that close to the stage so people could see their exchange of looks. So no, I don't think it was a coming out. But he seems more comfortable around Colin in public, so maybe he's getting there.

I guess I'm projecting. If I was watching and saw him focus on someone, wink and smile, I'd turn around like, "who the hell is he looking at?" But I'm nosy. LOL

• Like 2

Thanks all. A couple of clues buried back in earlier chapters. 

Chapter 9 - professional visit when DCW visits Colin at his house alone:: 

“Yes, well, I’m afraid you’ve got me tonight,” he says, looking past me to study our array of fridge magnets, most selected and bought by Billy. Especially the ones illustrated with semi naked men. My favourite is the one Vaughan bought me with the slogan, ‘love means singing a karaoke song for him’, even though he never did. DC Whitehead’s disgust is plain as he shakes his head a couple of times before dragging his attention back to me.

​Geddit now?

• Like 2

Thanks all. A couple of clues buried back in earlier chapters. 

Chapter 9 - professional visit when DCW visits Colin at his house alone:: 

“Yes, well, I’m afraid you’ve got me tonight,” he says, looking past me to study our array of fridge magnets, most selected and bought by Billy. Especially the ones illustrated with semi naked men. My favourite is the one Vaughan bought me with the slogan, ‘love means singing a karaoke song for him’, even though he never did. DC Whitehead’s disgust is plain as he shakes his head a couple of times before dragging his attention back to me.

​Geddit now?

But Colin didn't get it, poor guy! (Me, I was probably imagining the semi-naked men during that scene.)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Brian: Did you consider writing a chapter with some kind of confrontation or closure with the Schwartzes, and THEN the epilogue? Because that brother-sister duo is great.

Since KTD is Book 1 of the Croxburgh Chronicles, maybe they might show up/be dealt with in a future instalment or maybe this will be a part of the epilogue.

My hope is for them to be dealt with sooner rather than later, unfortunately, we'll have to wait and see as I don't think Brian's going to be to forthcoming with hints... :(

Edited by Reader1810

Since KTD is Book 1 of the Croxburgh Chronicles, maybe they might show up/be dealt with in a future instalment or maybe this will be a part of the epilogue.

THAT'S RIGHT! I forgot this is part one! I'm so used to seeing stories on the site wrap it up so fast. Thanks, Reader.

• Like 2