AC, you are full of surprises ... oh just like Christmas!  

The one about the field trip ... wonderful. Can see a group of wide-eyed kids hand in hand wandering through a department store dressed up for Christmas. In addition, the warm smell of cloves and ginger perfum the air. Christmas can be such a wonderful time of year. 

Part 2, was a delicious trip.. I'm not sure where to but I enjoyed it and want to read more!

Thanks for this sweet tidbits  ... I have a craviing for turkish delight!

tim

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I look forward to reading these.  The first part reminded me so much of A Christmas Story.  The wonderment of a child at Christmas is a great thing. 

• Like 2

I would never do that! Stop in the middle of something and let the readers wait WEEKS! :P

Oh Adi, the problem is where to start and where to end...I might wind up previewing the whole thing if I'm not careful ;)

Makes you want to read more, right? hehe

• Like 1

I look forward to reading these.  The first part reminded me so much of A Christmas Story.  The wonderment of a child at Christmas is a great thing. 

Thanks, Valkyrie. That is the type of spirit I am trying to capture for the entire series. Wish me luck *cross fingers*

• Like 2

AC, you are full of surprises ... oh just like Christmas!  

The one about the field trip ... wonderful. Can see a group of wide-eyed kids hand in hand wandering through a department store dressed up for Christmas. In addition, the warm smell of cloves and ginger perfum the air. Christmas can be such a wonderful time of year. 

Part 2, was a delicious trip.. I'm not sure where to but I enjoyed it and want to read more!

Thanks for this sweet tidbits  ... I have a craviing for turkish delight!

tim

Well, I hope my story can feed your sweet tooth ;)

Thank you for the kinds words and praise. They mean a lot to me.

• Like 1

With the days becoming shorter I already start looking ahead to the time they will start lengthening again: Christmas, the celebration of light.

Starting your Christmas novella in October will serve both to fill the void after Destiny has been concluded and the preparation of our Christmas moods.

Looking forward to Katie's end of the year experiences of/in/around/in relation to the department store.

Edited by J.HunterDunn
  • Like 2

With the days becoming shorter I already start looking ahead to the time they will start lengthening again: Christmas, the celebration of light.

Starting your Christmas novella in October will serve both to fill the void after Destiny has been concluded and the preparation of our Christmas moods.

Looking forward to Katie's end of the year experiences of/in/around/in relation to the department store.

Thanks, Peter. You make me excited to start posting it. Actually, this season I will be posting 2 of the 8 in the series, so after Katie's Sketchbook will follow another novella that I hope to post the last segment for on Christmas Day. I hope that timing works out. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Ok, as Adi pointed out, I said 'Oct,' but forgot about Halloween. Now that this great day is over, I will begin posting my novella soon (as in a couple of days!!!! YEY!!!). 

In the meantime, here is an image from the store's employee newsletter for Christmas 1976. I've taken a few snapshots from the circular and hope to post more as we go along.

Thanks

• Like 4
  • 10 months later...

I just re-read this today. Well, the original intent of six short stories and two novellas was shot all to heck. Turns out I've been slaving away on eight full novellas. No wonder I'm pooped. But I'm plugging ahead and working on the final two.

I think there will be quite an 'AC Benus' flood of chapters starting this November 1st. Please do read, 'like,' and review them...it's been an insane push to complete this project...

lays down waiting for the flood!
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...