X-File Is Back

Damn it, why did I check my emails before I was heading to bed? Didn't even know this had been green lit by Fox, but it makes sense.

Anyway, I don't want this to get too political; though, for a show that's centered around a Global Government Conspiracy that taught an entire generation of viewers to question everything and believe that Government is watching/listening/plotting against us, it's hard not to point to why its poignancy is back in vogue.

For the Queerlings, this show is a throwback to the 1990's, so it's an old dated story that was free on Amazon and Hulu (at one point and probably no longer), which made it less cool and interesting to watch due to how ancient the tech seems. For older viewers, you guys were demanding it to come back for years and now your prayers have been answered (but by whom? :devil: ).

As for me, it was sort of my guilty pleasure as a kid; I watched it at 9 PM at night, when it aired in the 90's (Yes, I was watching adult TV shows as a 9 year old when I was also watching Rocko's Modern Life and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy), I liked X-Files and despite not understanding the complex conspiracy stories or the history, it was atmospheric and interesting. For a =period, I got really into Ufology (study of UFO's) due to the show and other paranormal activity.

The Truth is still out there......

https://youtu.be/_1SmJUBT5q0

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

W_L this has been news for months. I remember telling a friend about it several months ago. :)   I'm interested to see where they go with it. I was glad to see that William B. Davis "The Cigarette Smoking Man" will be in it. He was one of my favorite characters in the series.

W_L this has been news for months. I remember telling a friend about it several months ago. :)   I'm interested to see where they go with it. I was glad to see that William B. Davis "The Cigarette Smoking Man" will be in it. He was one of my favorite characters in the series.

Wasn't on my radar, but I was more focused on the fall schedule checking what was coming on and when. So far, nothing bad on TV, just nothing jaw dropping (Heroes got revived, but "meh", it needs some more time to get rolling again)

As for CGB Spender (William Davis), it will make this an interesting revival; much better than the last movie 7 years ago. Plus, we can learn what happened to them after they ran off together.

Fox became a real Network with this show 20 years ago; it was the first massive hit that they ever got before American Idol, The OC, Prison Break, or any other show.

Anyone want to speculate on the fates of the characters after the show? A.D Skinner survived at least, he was a nice character.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1