I'm glad we saw the situation from Jason's POV too.

I'm happy you like the POV.  I did feel bad that the actual story wasn't being moved along (as mentioned in spikey's review) but, to me, it seemed important for the reader to 'witness' Jason's talk with Pierre for themselves, as well as his conversation with his brother.  

• Like 2
Jaysalmn said something interesting in his review that caught my eye:

Admitting to something ONLY because it happened to him tells me he's still pretty self centered.

I would say that because Jason went through the same thing, he was able to walk a mile in Perri's shoes and have an "aha!" moment realizing the hurt he put his ex through. :)

• Like 1

I think Jason realized he'd behaved abominably long before the incident with Luc. Corey cutting off their friendship and the damage to his relationship with his brother slammed the message home. Jason never cheated on anyone since then and he made it clear to everybody he was only into casual connections. Until Luc, and even that was casual at first.

• Like 3

We may have covered the same time frame but the story did move along ... we've a better understanding of Jason. I also agree with Drew, sometimes experiencing something you once did from the other side brings a perspective previously lacking. That is part of gaining maturity.

• Like 3

Jaysalmn said something interesting in his review that caught my eye:

I would say that because Jason went through the same thing, he was able to walk a mile in Perri's shoes and have an "aha!" moment realizing the hurt he put his ex through. :)

I think Jason realized he'd behaved abominably long before the incident with Luc. Corey cutting off their friendship and the damage to his relationship with his brother slammed the message home. Jason never cheated on anyone since then and he made it clear to everybody he was only into casual connections. Until Luc, and even that was casual at first.

We may have covered the same time frame but the story did move along ... we've a better understanding of Jason. I also agree with Drew, sometimes experiencing something you once did from the other side brings a perspective previously lacking. That is part of gaining maturity.

I would like to think that anyone can change, no matter how badly they've acted in the past.  I thought it was a good thing that Jason was able to relate what happened with Luc to what he did to Pierre.  In my mind it showed empathy and his growth as a person.  Plus he did have months to mull things over from walking in on Luc, to seeing Pierre at the bachelor party. 

Tim, I agree, I think he realized how badly he behaved before Luc, but being hurt put it in perspective for him  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 3

and some drama :rofl:

For a moment I thought Jason had gone after Corey to speak with him after the confrontation with Zach. :o Drew was a better choice though.

Just a wee bit of drama  ;)

Edited by LitLover

Spikey made an interesting comment

It's like they were vague sex partners that watched tv together and never actually got to know each other.

I have met a few couples, gay and straight, like this. They are fine until the power goes out and they have to talk to each other

• Like 1

Spikey made an interesting comment

It's like they were vague sex partners that watched tv together and never actually got to know each other.

I have met a few couples, gay and straight, like this. They are fine until the power goes out and they have to talk to each other

I've known several couples like that as well.  It happens a lot. 

Chapter 6 is now up.  Enjoy!

For a moment I thought Jason had gone after Corey to speak with him after the confrontation with Zach. :o Drew was a better choice though.

I forgot to mention in my review that I was interested to see Jason wanted to go after Corey but Drew stopped him. Very telling moment.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention in my review that I was interested to see Jason wanted to go after Corey but Drew stopped him. Very telling moment.

As Spikey said in his review, Corey might have given up on his friendship with Jason,  but Jason never did.  

• Site Moderator

I loved the comparison between the ex-friend and the ex-boyfriend. :yes:

Me too...

Me three. I think it will help open Corey's eyes to how much Jason has changed and grown up from who he was eight years ago.  

• Like 2

Well, that happened.. Such a good chapter I left a blank review. Sigh..

Edit to add: DrP fixed it! Big thanks. He fixed it so that I have a review now. Lol.

Edited by Defiance19

Well, that happened.. Such a good chapter I left a blank review. Sigh..

Edit to add: DrP fixed it! Big thanks. He fixed it so that I have a review now. Lol.

lol all's well that ends well.  :)    Thank you for your great review :hug:

• Like 1