0's And 1's: Cbdt

My story CBDT (Cyber Bullying Defense Team) is about to be released!

The first 2 chapters will come out today, followed by a standard schedule of 1 chapter every Friday night at 9 PM Eastern until January, when a short hiatus will occur to gauge readers reactions and interest.

Here's the link to the main story page:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/w-l/0sand1scbdt

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Ryan's father is a federal judge. Initially this was viewed as a bullying incident, but as more teens are targeted it seems clear this is bigger than it seems and a hate crime. The reason I point out the federal judge angle is when federal judges and their families are targeted it attracts the attention of federal law enforcement. An intervention of this kind might begin to create some problems for the CBDT as well as the bullies. I'm just mulling out loud.

• Like 1

Ryan's father is a federal judge. Initially this was viewed as a bullying incident, but as more teens are targeted it seems clear this is bigger than it seems and a hate crime. The reason I point out the federal judge angle is when federal judges and their families are targeted it attracts the attention of federal law enforcement. An intervention of this kind might begin to create some problems for the CBDT as well as the bullies. I'm just mulling out loud.

Oh, it does in later chapters, but you cannot prove a criminal case without evidence and hearsay is not admissible in court, which a loose connection between several individuals of unaffiliated nature with only an intangible link would be :devil:

While you can prosecute criminal conspiracy, there are gray areas in the internet laws and the issue of free speech comes into play.  Only poorly managed groups or "large" enclaves like Silk Road, where it becomes too obvious to hide, would the Feds jump in.

There's also another reason, why these attacks can go on without more resources in investigation. :o

I am going to give you guys an early Halloween Present tonight

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Oh, it does in later chapters, but you cannot prove a criminal case without evidence and hearsay is not admissible in court, which a loose connection between several individuals of unaffiliated nature with only an intangible link would be :devil:

While you can prosecute criminal conspiracy, there are gray areas in the internet laws and the issue of free speech comes into play.  Only poorly managed groups or "large" enclaves like Silk Road, where it becomes too obvious to hide, would the Feds jump in.

There's also another reason, why these attacks can go on without more resources in investigation. :o

I am going to give you guys an early Halloween Present tonight

You'll note that I said nothing at all at this point about prosecuting or proving criminal cases. That part is way down the road and is decided by a different division of the Justice Department. Merely having federal agencies involved investigating was what I had in mind.

You'll note that I said nothing at all at this point about prosecuting or proving criminal cases. That part is way down the road and is decided by a different division of the Justice Department. Merely having federal agencies involved investigating was what I had in mind.

Nor did I say, I would explore that area :P

Nor did I mention the different Jurisdictional rules of Federal Agencies and the need for task forces, or in certain cases under the Patriot Act....(Too much info there if I reveal that part, you guys would get a clear plot path to end of Book 1)

• Like 1

Nor did I mention the different Jurisdictional rules of Federal Agencies and the need for task forces, or in certain cases under the Patriot Act....(Too much info there if I reveal that part, you guys would get a clear plot path to end of Book 1)

You are such a tease :P;)

Oh and WL, I'm looking forward to that Halloween Present tonight :D

• Site Moderator

None of us want any spoilers this early in the game. I'm guilty of thinking out loud too much.  lol

Well, I did promise you guys a Halloween Special, so why don't you open your early Present :D

The Rising Inferno is basically a prelude, set before the events of CBDT, but it also gives everyone the mindset behind the people who do what they do. They're a new wave, a new generation, who's primary goal is not the elimination of gay people, but the greater perceived "War" that they perceive.

Edited by W_L