gallery_27477_1471_7842.jpg

Thought I'd go ahead and open up a discussion thread for Painted Blue!  I would love to know what people think about the story, the characters and my writing.

Without further ado, here is;

[sharedmedia=stories:stories:4825]

Edited by JackBinimbul
  • Like 1

For those who are in to MBTI, I thought I'd give a low down of some of my characters' functions.  While I don't write to a specific 'type' or set of rules, it's helpful to keep in mind some core principles that are common among different types of persons.

Dorian Chase

ISTJ - The Examiner/Logistician

SJs are defined as the 'guardians'.  ISTJs make up the majority of law enforcement.  They have a keen sense of duty, a strong set of personal morals and are staunch rule followers.  They take responsibility and traditions very seriously.  One of their biggest strengths and flaws is that they are firmly rooted in their own personal experiences.  What is tried and true is the only verifiable truth to an ISTJ.

Felix Thompson

ENFP - The Compaigner/Inspirer

NFs are known as the 'idealists'.  ENFPs are the most introverted of the extroverts.  They are genuinely likable, warm people.  They can be spontaneous and fun-loving, always seeking new social experiences.  They can become easily dissatisfied with aspects of their lives and are not afraid to--sometimes hastily--make a change.  One of their greatest strengths is intuitively understanding the people around them.  This ability can unfortunately manifest as the need to be liked and sensitivity to judgment. 

Clareta Caceda

ENTP - The Debator

NTs are the 'rationals'.  ENTPs are often known as the 'lawyers', regardless of profession.  They enjoy debate for its own sake, often arguing a point they are not even invested in, just for the fun of it.  They can be uncompromisingly honest and are often mistaken for aggressive in their pursuit of fun.  They enjoy making the impossible work, solving the improbable, and rising to any challenge.  They are good at quickly and easily working within systems and joining ideas fluidly.  Rules exist to be bent for an ENTP.

Mandy Smith

ISFJ - The Defender/Nurturer

Another of the 'guardian' types, ISFJs are the dutiful mothers to the world.  Kindness and compassion are paramount to them and they dole out both selflessly.  Generally quiet and reserved, ISFJs are happy to go unnoticed so long as they feel they are doing good in the world.  They are uncompromising in their ideals and reliable to a fault.  They often take on more than they should because they cannot say no to someone in need.

David Spenser

ISTP - The Mechanic

SPs are the 'artisans'.  ISTPs are the most rational and grounded of the artisans, their introverted thinking grounds and tempers them more than their F counterparts.  Where as their introverted function keeps them from being completely driven by spontaneity.  ISTPs are driven to understand how things work in a concrete, useful fashion, which is why they are often drawn toward mechanical work.  ISTPs can be fearless, driven and have a thirst for adventure.  They are not generally tuned to their own feelings or the feelings of others and as a result can sometimes be seen as socially careless and flippant.

More to come as things develop!

• Like 4

For those who are in to MBTI, I thought I'd give a low down of some of my characters' functions.  While I don't write to a specific 'type' or set of rules, it's helpful to keep in mind some core principles that are common among different types of persons.

Dorian Chase

ISTJ - The Examiner/Logistician

SJs are defined as the 'guardians'.  ISTJs make up the majority of law enforcement.  They have a keen sense of duty, a strong set of personal morals and are staunch rule followers.  They take responsibility and traditions very seriously.  One of their biggest strengths and flaws is that they are firmly rooted in their own personal experiences.  What is tried and true is the only verifiable truth to an ISTJ.

Now I know why I like Chase. I'm ISTJ, too. :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...