Since I finally made it into the forum section of the site and saw so many authors had a forum for their stories I figured I should probably start one for mine.  As with any of the review that have been posted, I appreciate anything that is said, both good or bad as it helps me write and tells me if I've royally screwed up anywhere :)

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Since I finally made it into the forum section of the site and saw so many authors had a forum for their stories I figured I should probably start one for mine.  As with any of the review that have been posted, I appreciate anything that is said, both good or bad as it helps me write and tells me if I've royally screwed up anywhere :)

Hey Wolf

So far the story has been great, so you won't hear any complaints from me. Just keep on doing what you've been doing. :):thumbup:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

I'm getting behind in my reading, but I'm trying to catch up. I have to say I love the plot twist regarding Ethan. That isn't usual for shifter stories...which I am a big fan of....but I think it's a great twist. It really solidified my being...I already was lol... hooked on this story. 

Kudos to you Wolf!

• Like 3

I'm getting behind in my reading, but I'm trying to catch up. I have to say I love the plot twist regarding Ethan. That isn't usual for shifter stories...which I am a big fan of....but I think it's a great twist. It really solidified my being...I already was lol... hooked on this story. 

Kudos to you Wolf!

I'm behind in my reading as well.  I didn't want to write the usual shifter story and it makes me feel good that the people reading this, like you, feel I haven't.  I'm a little nervous the closer I get to chapter 24 as that's the last chapter I currently have completed.  With luck my current bout of writers block will pass and I'll be back on track to finish the story without any interruption.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I'm behind in my reading as well.  I didn't want to write the usual shifter story and it makes me feel good that the people reading this, like you, feel I haven't.  I'm a little nervous the closer I get to chapter 24 as that's the last chapter I currently have completed.  With luck my current bout of writers block will pass and I'll be back on track to finish the story without any interruption.

Hey man I am checking up on the writers block. How are you dealing with that?

• Like 1

Hey man I am checking up on the writers block. How are you dealing with that?

The writers block seems to be easing.  I've had some good days of writing so I still have several chapters beyond what I've posted. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

i love it. i read it in one sitting and cant wait for more. the way you write and the plot are amazing. keep up the good job.

Thank you seeker.  Always happy to hear when someone is enjoying this story.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here was the source of my question. It is from 

“As I told Ethan, Elemental is the easiest name to put to it, though some of those old myths you got me hooked on as a kid also use the term Shaman and Druid.  The boy has a Celtic background.  It’s doubtful we will ever truly know what he is, though if we can help him find himself.  I need some help in going through the myths of all three and trying to figure what gift each one supposedly has.  I know we can’t train him and there is most likely no one else that can, but if you can help in research I would be grateful.  If they exist elsewhere in the world, they keep themselves well hidden and have done so for millennia.  Maybe have a talk with Ethan at some point and tell him what you know.  You had him spellbound when you told him the history of Lycans, maybe what you know of Elementals and Druids can be just as helpful to him.”

“I’m happy to help.  I’ve stayed in contact with some of my friends from my professor days so I’ll see what I can dig up.”  James looked at the Alpha for a few moments, “Your father would be proud of you and the Alpha you’ve become.  It’s a shame a rogue attack took him and your mother before their time.”

“They both live on in our memories and in this pack’s continued prosperity.  I’m glad though they aren’t here to see what their grandson has turned into.”

• Like 2

Here was the source of my question. It is from 

“As I told Ethan, Elemental is the easiest name to put to it, though some of those old myths you got me hooked on as a kid also use the term Shaman and Druid.  The boy has a Celtic background.  It’s doubtful we will ever truly know what he is, though if we can help him find himself.  I need some help in going through the myths of all three and trying to figure what gift each one supposedly has.  I know we can’t train him and there is most likely no one else that can, but if you can help in research I would be grateful.  If they exist elsewhere in the world, they keep themselves well hidden and have done so for millennia.  Maybe have a talk with Ethan at some point and tell him what you know.  You had him spellbound when you told him the history of Lycans, maybe what you know of Elementals and Druids can be just as helpful to him.”

“I’m happy to help.  I’ve stayed in contact with some of my friends from my professor days so I’ll see what I can dig up.”  James looked at the Alpha for a few moments, “Your father would be proud of you and the Alpha you’ve become.  It’s a shame a rogue attack took him and your mother before their time.”

“They both live on in our memories and in this pack’s continued prosperity.  I’m glad though they aren’t here to see what their grandson has turned into.”

Thank you for finding that for me since it would have taken me forever to run across that.  I knew I should have made a note of that in my character bio file when I wrote that so I didn't screw up the continuity of the story.  It seems I made reference both ways to the parents being killed as well as stepping down.  I had never really planned on using the Alpha's parents in the story until recently.  I'll be going back and modifying the earlier chapter to adjust for the mistake I made. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I really need to check this more often :) 

Thank you HeyHam88.  It's extremely flattering when someone mentions they've been binge reading this story. 

I haven't decided if James will make a return at some point with whatever he found in his research, but it is still on my list for possible use.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm so very glad I found this forum!

I am enjoying this journey very much.

I'm looking forward to more growth from this budding family.  For this is what this group of young men is, a family.

I admire the way the older adults handle themselves.  I appreciate the parents attitudes, especially in the way they consider the young people's opinions.

Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to get to know the other fans here!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Eh, there's nothing wrong with making it a serial set of books, but I can see why you'd want the continuity with your current followers. Maybe you could encourage some of your story followers to follow you as an author as well so that they get updated as you post new works (whether RwtP or not). It would be well worth their time to do it. :)

• Like 2