• Site Administrator

Welcome to GA!. I think there's a little too many to list, but in GA Stories we currently have 1834 stories listed with a genre of Romance.

Obviously, that's a little too many to be manageable as a recommendation list, so you can also use the GA Stories software to filter on completed stories only, stories with particular tags (eg. high school, light-hearted, etc), and/or stories with a specified minimum length (eg. stories with more than 50,000 words).

Once you have the list down to the type of story you want to read, look at the author reputation and the "follows" on the story (top right-hand corner of each story) as well as the description and complete list of tags. This will give you an idea of how popular the story is and whether it appeals to you. Don't be too slavish to the numbers, though,because we have some old inactive authors with great stories and new talented authors, neither of which who have had a chance to build up their reputation or 'follows'.

A handful you might want to consider from the complete romances with greater than 50000 words list (these are just the ones know -- I can't comment on the rest):

Accidents Happen by comicfan

Alex and Zach by Greg_A

Crosscurrents by Adam Phillips

Desert Dropping by DomLuka (actually, anything by DomLuka needs to be on the list :P)

Electric Blue and Catnip by lilansui

Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder

Falls Creek Lessons by Graeme (shameless plug :boy:)

For The Love by C James

From Behind Those Eyes by viv

Geeks by CassieQ

Ground Rules by InTheMindOfSunshine

Okay, that's enough for now. I'll leave you to check out the rest of the stories :) The above list has a wide variety of styles, so even though they're all romance novels, they may not all appeal to you.

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Falls Creek Lessons was excellent! Ditto for Desert Dropping. I highly recommend both. :)

PS: Graeme, I read your story through your website....amazing collection of stories btw....that's why there are no Likes on GA. I will endeavour to rectify that. 

Edited by Reader1810

Man Graeme got to my Dom Luka plug before I could. Desert Dropping is one of my favorites. Another good one to read is Comicality. He's kind of got the market covered on young teenage gay boys in love. Though be warned, I don't think any of his major stories are finished, but he's a great writer, one of the true veterans of gay story writing on the net. Several of his stories are all time favorites, so I can't recommend him enough.

• Site Administrator

To expand on Graeme's message, if you go to Stories and click the Advanced Search button (on the left sidebar) you can then pick the author category, genres, rating, status, length, tabs (hold down control and you can pick more than one tag to narrow down to say romance, college, coming out, etc....) and then at the bottom you can choose to sort by posting date, but you can also select number of reviews or likes or follows, for example, which will let you see the stories that are more popular than others. It's a very comprehensive search to let you find exactly the type of stories you want to read!

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

That's what I did to get the list of stories above. After doing the search, I then went through the stories from A-G and picked out the stories I knew. There were a lot of other ones listed that I'm sure they are also great, given that they included authors like Cia and Mark Arbour. However, since I'm not overly keen on historical or science fiction romances, I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Other people will have other interests, which is why I recommend doing the search for the Romance stories, filtering it down based on whatever criteria and tags you want, and then browse :)

• Like 1

New Craftingmom story is out today. Can I suggest you read it?

Falling Apart is romantic?  :,(  :,(  :,(

I agree. If you're looking for romance, don't read incomplete craftingmom stories. It's too painful. :pinch:

Edited by Timothy M.

Oh, come along for the ride! She'll make it so worth it!

Complete stories are fine, I can recommend Tears of the Neko. and I agree with dragon about taking into consideration what the main interest was. Like Nephylim and a few others, craftingmom's stories should not be recommended without caution. Remember not everyone looks at the tags, story description or warnings.

Edited by Timothy M.

I didn't say I didn't like it or I wasn't going to continue reading it, just didn't think it was what OP was after  :pinch:

I mean WTF when a dragon cringes...

Ha, ha! I guess you're right. Still, Craftingmom has a way of working things out.

Ok, my twisted Swedish side (Bergman is a national saint, hello!) doesn't actually think CM writes about all too difficult subjects. It's nothing you can't handle. So don't discourage people! Just come prepared for a bit of angst.

Ok, my twisted Swedish side (Bergman is a national saint, hello!) doesn't actually think CM writes about all too difficult subjects. It's nothing you can't handle. So don't discourage people! Just come prepared for a bit of angst.

:blink:a bit of angst ?!  that's like saying Sauron is a bit of a bad guy :lol: (if you don't know who Sauron is, substitute Darth Vader or Hannibal Lecter)

• 2 weeks later...