So I'm still waiting for the "three words" to be uttered between Efrain and Corey. Of course silly Efrain thinks he has to turn in his man card if he shows affection to his boyfriend. So who knows how long it'll take him to admit it to Cory. He needs to calm down, I love Eskimo kisses.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

To get alerts, you can either "follow" the story or "follow" the author. In the top right-hand corner of the story, there's a button called "Follow this story". Click on that and that will tell the system you want to be notified when there's a change to the story. To follow the author, go to their profile (here's Dayne's profile) and click "Follow this author" in the top right hand corner. That will tell the system you want to be notified whenever that author posts a new story.

For your notification options, in your profile (go to the top of the page and click on your name. A set of options will appear, one of which is "My Settings". Click on that. On the screen that comes up, on the left-hand side there is an option for "Notification Options". Click on that to decide how you want to be notified.

There are a lot of options on what you can be notified about, but the ones you'll be interested in are in the "Stories" section (it's about six sections down the list). You'll see a number of options including "Notify me when a chapter is posted to a story I like" and "Notify me when an author I like posts a new story". The first check box says to notify you via the board's notification list. This is the little icon just to the left of your name in the top line of each page. It will indicate if you have new notifications. The second check box says to use email to notify you. Choose whichever method you like (I personally have both checked).

I hope that helps!

• Like 2

I absolutely love this story. I'd been reading it on Nifty and noticed that you posted it here sooner. So I joined the site and read all the new chapters this afternoon. This site is new to me so I was kinda down hearted when book one ended with a huge cliff hanger but my heart got lifted when I was exploring the site and stumbled onto book two. I love your writing style as well. Although I do get a bit confused for a paragraph or two at times following which characters pov we are hearing. It always becomes clear though. I do hope you carry on with the story. I've fallen in love with the Wild Card as well as Preston who is totally not my type but I love him all the same. Now hopefully I can figure out how to get alerts as to when you post a new chapter. Thanks so much for letting us all read your work. It's very comforting to read at the end of a long stressful day.

Dayne's a gem. :D

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Graeme, can people do all the profile options before they have 5 posts? I did mine long after, so I can't recall which parts of the site only became available later.

Hey Tim

I don't know about all of the profile options, but I'm pretty sure (it has been a while after all) that I could Like and follow stories right away. Having the ability to Like a story was one of the reasons I registered at GA, posting came later. 

Now I just need to binge read Book 1 to catch up a little on EPIC. :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Graeme, can people do all the profile options before they have 5 posts? I did mine long after, so I can't recall which parts of the site only became available later.

Tim, my first 5 posts were over 10 years ago, and with a version of the board software that didn't include the notification system. I can still remember options that aren't available any more! I'm going to take Read1810's word that the notification options are available from when you join...

• Like 2

I'm currently over 1k words into the new chapter.  Rallying the troops is proving a little more complicated than I though it'd be.

Dayne I hate to ever be a pest and ask when new chapters are forthcoming and such. I know it takes a lot of hard work to pump those chapters out, and we are all appreciative of you sharing this story with us.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I am REALLY loving this story!! Please tell me someone from Cory's family will be supporting him, like maybe his eldest brother. My heart is breaking for him!! Love this story to bits. Checking twice a day for updates!!

I just found this story last week and have been busting my ass reading it. I can't get enough of this story. It's one of the hottest stories I've read in a while. Can't wait for the next chapter

Welcome to the fan club, we're all waiting impatiently for the next chapter. :yes:

I'm waiting for Cory's brother(s) to arrive, in particular.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I am REALLY loving this story!! Please tell me someone from Cory's family will be supporting him, like maybe his eldest brother. My hart is breaking for him!! Love this story to bits. Checking twice a day for updates!!

You are good ,IM literally refreshing it 10 times a day at least. hahahahaha  :*)  :*)  :*)  :*)  :*)  :*)  :*)  :*)  :*)

• Like 2