Has Anyone Done An Lgbt Story On Leonardo Da Vinci?

Even though I have been here for years, I don't know everything about stories on GA and beyond.

I'm not talking Da Vinci code stories, but actual semi-fictional biography on one of the most noteworthy thinkers, philosopher, and engineers of the Renaissance, who happens to be (highly likely) homosexual. He's got some interesting relationships and some sad tragedies with his boyfriends.

I know Mark and several other authors do historical stories, but the most interesting and inspiring period of history seems like a great source of lgbt literature. Stories of Florentine artist with no name or title of art attached to them, street boys serving customers of both sexes, and powerful politicians with their own ambitions for power and prestige. This was the age of Da Vinci and Machiavelli, so there's a lot of territory. Hell, there are 3 series called the Borgias in the last 10 years.

• Like 2

This is interesting.

I've just gone back to catch up on my Anne Rice reading and I'm currently on The Vampire Armand (my favorite vampire of all). Interestingly, she seems to model 'Amadeo's' relationship with his vampiric sire, Marius, like the relationship that some artists had with their apprentices/charges. This part of the story is set in Venice at the time of Leonardo Di Vinci.

Its worth looking over for ideas. The sexual 'fluidity' of the boys under Marius's charge is very apparent and Armand becoming Marius's 'favorite' is reminiscent of how Di Vinci chose particularly companions.

Anyway...this may only be tangentially connected to your question but it can serve as a guide for ideas, perhaps. Anne Rice's narratives are lush anyway. I unconsciously model my writing after her's just because she hits all the 'right notes' for me.