Billy Chase 416 Continues The Binge!

Of course I do! I read everything when I can. I don't always reply, because if I did that I wouldn't have time to write new chapters and people would throw rotten tomatoes at me for taking so long. :P

But I read them.

I just really hope that you keep in mind that (A) It's just a fictional story, and I deliberately put obstacles and conflicts into it for "Billy" to face and learn from in a 'story' sense. It's supposed to make for a good story. And (B)...he's a teenager. He's experiencing all of these things for the first time and dealing with them the best that he knows how. He's never had a committed boyfriend before, or a zit, or a Summer job, or more than a few sips of alcohol. As adults we can look back and say "He's so stupid and frustrating and annoying and I HATE him for making poor choices!", but he's a kid. That's why I sometimes step in and say, "Jesus Christ, give the poor kid a break and let him learn on his own." Some readers are really unfairly HARSH when it comes to this series, and I just ask them to remember what it was like to be his age. We weren't perfect either, you know?  

I wanted the story to reflect that. It's not meant to frustrate and annoy anybody. It's meant to be a realistic expression of how it was for a LOT of gay teens growing up. Not all, but a lot. So...I definitely read the comments. All feedback is good feedback. :) I just think that you might enjoy the series more if you relaxed a bit on poor Billy and tried to see things from his angle every once in a while.

• Like 1

Hey I think I was pretty nice and understanding to Billy in my review this time. Though I admit there are times when that boy just exasperates me. It's funny, of all your characters, he's the one that probably causes the most knee-jerk reactions in me. But generally I try to be understanding of him. I think his general courage in standing up to his mother about his sexuality and relationship with Brandon has been one of his better character evolutions.

Oh also, I certainly don't mind that you don't leave replies to reviews, I just know that you're generally much more active on the shack forum and stuff than here on GA. So I was just hoping that you do see responses and know people are reading and appreciative of your hard work.

Thanks as always for sharing your talents with us.

Brandon thinks Billy is just....delicious! :wub:

But...it might be time for Brandon to step up to the plate and put Jimmy in his place. Oddly enough, Jimmy owes him one.

Edited by MrM

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..