Best Sci-Fi On Tv

Favorite Science Fiction Series  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following sci-fi series, which ones are your favorite? (pick 2)

• Star Trek (the Original Series)
    • Babylon 5
    • Star Trek Next Generation
    • Battlestar Galactica (new)
    • Farscape
    • Lexx
    • Firefly
    • Outer Limits
    • Twilight Zone
    • Space:Above & Beyond

"Understanding is a three edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth"- Vorlon proverb

All Praise Kosh, who is literally a heavenly being and Angel!

• Like 3

I agree that Defiance was awesome... disappointed it was not renewed...

I think Dark Matter is off to a good start, as is Killjoys... the new seasons are starting soon...

I also love Wayward Pines... this second season is better than the first so far...

Hunters is addictive, more and more as the story unfolds...

My faves will always be TNG and Farscape, although I did like Babylon Five a lot... but it could have been better...

• Like 3

So um, AC and Gary a little trivia.. Guess which show I was so into, it inspired my profile name? 

Firefly will always have a special spot in my heart.

Original Star Trek and Twiglight Zone are my faves.. 

• Like 3

So um, AC and Gary a little trivia.. Guess which show I was so into, it inspired my profile name? 

Original Star Trek and Twiglight Zone are my faves.. 

I loved Firefly but it ended way too soon... loved the movie... Serenity...

I saw every episode of the original Star Trek and loved the series, but the production values of TNG were so superior, it became my fave... cool that your profile name was inspired by Defiance!!

• Like 2

Original Star Trek and Twilight Zone are my faves.. 

Very cool. Twilight Zone is one of the shows that got me interested in reading fiction as a little kid. The Self-Improvement of Salvadore Ross is still one my top-rated short stories of all times. And I defy anyone now-a-days not to admit a Queer subtext for the 'Pig' episode where the doctors try desperately to 'cure' someone to be as ugly as them - but give up and let the beautiful ones (that's US) live in peace.  :)

Well, why hasn't anyone mentioned Stargate SG-1 at all....

It was the longest lasting Sci-fi show of the 2000's, beating Trek.

Also, the show runners and writers of Stargate franchise came from the "new" Outer Limits of the 1990's, which in my view were some of the best explorations of Science diction ideas from alien invasion to viral plagues to Technophobia to Predestination vs. free will. It really showed the show's theme that you can go from the inner mind to the "Outer Limits"...please stand by :P Science fiction is an exploration of possibilities, not limited by what we can do now, but what we should or should not do in the foreseeable future.

They add some real depth even when they are making a comedy on themselves, this is probably one of my favorite lines about the genre and it's not even from a series regular:

• Like 4

Also, the show runners and writers of Stargate franchise came from the "new" Outer Limits of the 1990's, which in my view were some of the best explorations of Science diction ideas from alien invasion to viral plagues to Technophobia to Predestination vs. free will. It really showed the show's theme that you can go from the inner mind to the "Outer Limits"...please stand by :P Science fiction is an exploration of possibilities, not limited by what we can do now, but what we should or should not do in the foreseeable future.

They add some real depth even when they are making a comedy on themselves, this is probably one of my favorite lines about the genre and it's not even from a series regular:

Dammit! You beat me to it, W_L! I was just about to mention Stargate...

Although I'm a huge Star Trek fan as well. I have seen every episode, even the weird unaired pilot from the original series...

• Like 2

OMG... Stargate Universe was the best show ever... I was so pissed when it was cancelled... I loved Stargate Atlantis too, but Universe was in a class by itself... Robert Carlisle as Dr. Rush was amazing!!!

• Like 1

OMG... Stargate Universe was the best show ever... I was so pissed when it was cancelled... I loved Stargate Atlantis too, but Universe was in a class by itself... Robert Carlisle as Dr. Rush was amazing!!!

There's someone in this world other than me who liked Stargate Universe? Woohoo!

• Like 3

"IT'S A COOKBOOK! OH GOD! STOP! IIIITS AAAA COOOK BOOOK! ~SOBS~"

~ How To Serve Mankind from The Twilight Zone

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1

"IT'S A COOKBOOK! OH GOD! STOP! IIIITS AAAA COOOK BOOOK! ~SOBS~"

~ How To Serve Mankind from The Twilight Zone

That episode originally aired when I was 10 years old.  54 years later, I still vividly remember the nightmares I had that night.

Rod Serling was a genius.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Season 1 of Sense8 on Netflix was exceedingly good. It's about a group of people who 'borrow' each other's skill set when faced with dire situations, though that's a simplification. Of course there is the seemingly all-powerful entity looking to end them. As if the situations they find themselves in aren't enough problem. This show won the GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Drama Series due to the show's gay themes. It looks like season 2 is coming soon and I'm looking forward to watching it.