• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.  Duncan here.

I thought I'd let you know that I am still alive...and that yes career has kind of taken over my life for now.  All is well with me and I am in a very good place both  personally and professionally.  In terms of channeling the creativity that is an essential part of me, I write mostly poetry these days (and really, I have always thought of myself more a poet than a prose writer).  I think one reason I have found it difficult to get back to this story is that draws on experiences from a very unhappy time in my life and sometimes it's painful to go back there.

Still, I have a lot guilt about leaving Light unfinished, and I do plan to return to it.   My boys are always with me... and I also really want to know how things work out for Luc and Matt!  I was in Montreal a few weeks ago, and made the trek to the Starbucks where Light begins...It has been revovated since then, and there is no longer a table  where I sat writing the first chapter, but I got as close as I could.

• Like 4

Mr. Ryder,

thank you for responding. I believe there are a lot of fans for your work here. We are not pressuring you in any way and await your return. As far as unhappy experiences are concerned, I am sure you will agree that, all great works of art find inspiration in  the creator's personal pain. Never the less, we do not want you to suffer for your work. Take your time. And from a fellow poet, I would personally love to read your poems should you decide to share them. We have a little corner here in GA if you want to check it out: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/41190-live-poets-society-%E2%80%93-a-corner-for-poetry/

Glad to know that you are doing well. Hugs & Chocolates.

• Like 1