Gah! Gfd Chapter Posted Friday Night!

I thought I announced this already, but apparently I didn't! That is...weird.

Anyway, YES! The newest chapter of "Gone From Daylight" went up on Friday night as planned! As well as a brand new sample of the first "GFD" AUDIOBOOK! So check them both out and let us know what you think! K?

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/comicality/gfd12bloodties

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I liked the audio book but was kind of disappointed that the voice was the same for all the characters and that the voice was very even on all the out spoken words.  I was hoping for more involved and emotional tones in this.  I have not really listened to many audio books so I am guessing that this is common in them but I think that it should be read like it was coming form the heart an not just the TelePrompTer. The story is great and I think when I read it I use different voices in my head with the different characters.  I am sure that I am not alone in this and I think the audio books should reflect this as well.  I know that things of this nature take longer and cost more, but in the end I believe it to be worth it.  Especially to those that can not read and would love to hear something of great theatre in sound rather then a mono tenuous voice drowning at them.

I would like to see what other think.  Despite my kinda harsh review I think the audio book was very good.  But I think I prefer to read it for myself and create the characters personalities as I go.  

Keep up the good work.  I look forward to the next chapter in GFD.  I am currently re-reading the series in anticipation of the upcoming new chapters.  

Truly a fan of the books and author,

Lamadogg 

Ok. I can understand that, and I'll be sure to pass your feedback along for him to absorb. I honestly thought that it was a fabulous reading and interpretation of the text. Now I, admittedly, use different voice in my head when I'm writing stories as well...but I can do that. While it's in my head. Unless I'm putting a whole production together like the old Superman or The Shadow serials from old school radio, it's usually done by one person. And I think he did an awesome job of separating the voices within the context of the story. I wouldn't want him to overdo it. It would be like having a mother reading her toddler a bedtime story if he did. But I still thank you for the feedback! And I encourage any of you reading this to give us more!

This is just a 'first draft' reading that he put together in no time at all, and I've agreed to send him the full ebook version to rework it as well. For a first time read, he blew my mind! Hehehe! If you guys want to hear the full, unedited, first three chapters of "GFD"...you can click here:

https://www.voy.com/226758/1010.html

And check it out for yourselves! Cool? :)

Thanks, dude! And I hope to hear more from ya soon!

You are right he did a great job and I commend him for doing it.  I know I would have issue trying anything like that.  I am sorry if my comment came across as anything negative towards the audio book or it reader.  It just my point of view.  I have now re-read to GFD 11 and the voices I hear are still the same and much clearer but I guess hearing them in a voice I did not associate with the ones I imagine was a bit confusing to relate to at first.  I have now listened to the audio sample again and it does sound much better then I original thought.  

Keep up the great work.  I look forward to the next part.  

Thanks for all your hard work.

Lamadoggy

PS I wish I was Justin for one night

No offense taken at all. I was happy to hear the feedback! :) If it's something that we can take into consideration to make the product even better later on, then awesome! So yeah, I'm listening. I'll be sure to let you hear some more in the future. Cool?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..