Three Princes By Israfil

The story of Geoffrey Ellesier and his brothers initially came to be when I began to notice a distinct lack of anti-heroes in gay fiction surrounding teens and young adults. Not even anti-heroes but main characters who reacted less than ideally to the injustices and trials heaped upon them were in short supply. After becoming more frequent visitor to GA, I found a few but it still seems that many in the genre tend to shy away from giving darker, morally grey characters center stage.

I understand that many of us search out stories to read about someone we identify with not only enduring but rising above and overcoming their problems, and in turn uplifting ourselves. It works and it's a great feeling, but those are the success stories. As a writer, I felt there were others who should get a chance to tell their story as well. What about that kid who wasn't quite able to turn the other cheek, to let go of the frustration and anger over all they had to put up with from peers, family and society simply because of who they fell in love with?

We all know it's difficult to forgive and forget, yet we still often forget about those who couldn't do it.

Geoffrey began as something of an embodiment of my anger as a young gay man, especially during high school and college, but over the course of writing about him and his family, true to his rebellious, uncontrollable nature, he broke out of that mold and became something more in and of himself. This may not make him any more likable, in fact maybe even less so, but I'm hoping you come along for the ride.

I'm posting the stories I have about him and the Ellesiers on GA so they can reach a wider audience and perhaps, find those who felt or still feel the way I did.

I suspect it's more than you think.

Link to the story here!

Edited by Israfil
  • Like 1

Anti-heroes are, for me, the characters I identify with most often. I've always considered myself a rather flawed human being, so I appreciate anyone who is willing to make critically flawed characters strive to do the best they can. I started writing for a similar reason, wanting to tell some stories that were a bit less traditional. I can't say for certain how often I've managed to do so, but I do know it's a goal I'll keep striving for until I have no more stories to tell.

Keep up the good work, Israfil! ^-^

One thing to note is that these stories are also connected to the Sanitaria Springs Collection, some of which is hosted here at GA, but the bulk of which is available at Dabeagle.com.

Edited by Cynus