I can't help thinking Casey was also saying thanks for Marc not spilling the beans about how he foolishly ignored his warnings.

Us men hate to admit when we're idiots, so I think you're right... he probably feels pretty foolish indeed....

• Like 3

I wonder if Casey would have been so withholding of the details if it had been Marc who ignored the warnings? :P I would like to think so, but it does seem that Casey is the more stubborn/angry one at this point in the story. Marc seems to still be working on getting past whatever dismantled their friendship or at least open the door to finally talking about it. 

I don't see Casey changing so easily though, whatever happened between them was enough for them not to have a good working relationship, or their friendship - despite the threats from their bosses. 

• Like 3

What pisses me off most about Casey is that he's obviously found out about Marc being gay. Somehow this causes him to suddenly expect his former friend to be devoid of human decency - as in not expecting him to save his life. WTF?! Or is it him saying indirectly 'I know I've treated you like shit, so I'm surprised you wanted to save my ass.' The mean interpretation would be that Casey meant: I wouldn't have saved a f.. so I didn't expect him to save me either. But I hope his thanks was the first step to admit he's been wrong all along. But like Marc I'll believe it when I see it.  

• Like 3

Marc didn't confirm or deny to his own boss that it was because of "the gay thing," as I think he put it. Marc didn't go into detail with him, but withheld what really went on. So, I think it was a combination of things. I believe Marc may have pressed his feelings for Casey, because maybe Casey was showing attraction. Then something work related happened as well, that maybe wouldn't have happened if, "the gay thing," wasn't on both of their minds.

But, I don't think their falling out happened just because Marc either outed himself in the manner above by acting on his feelings.. or just told Casey the truth. If that is the case, then I don't feel all that forgiving of Casey's character. It doesn't seem as redeemable if that was the only reason they show such hostility towards one another. And it isn't one sided. I don't think if it was just the gay thing, Marc would be willing to beat the hell out of Casey with little to no provocation. If I'm wrong, then I don't think Marc's character is all that redeemable either.. lol. 

• Like 3

I think they maybe started something, whether just a drunken kiss or something more, and Casey is regretting it, or is in denial... maybe Marc pushed too hard... either way, there is electricity between them, and not just the bad kind... methinks....

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

There's passion there, that's for sure.  My guess is that they hooked up or somehow revealed their feelings for each other physically and it scared the crap out of Casey, so now the passion has been transferred into anger.  

• Like 3

Good chapter, Renee... Mark was heroic... gotta love a cowboy with shining armor....

Thank you, Gary! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

I can't help thinking Casey was also saying thanks for Marc not spilling the beans about how he foolishly ignored his warnings.

He definitely was foolish. You should have seen the original (that overall just didn't work right and got a major revision) and how foolish Casey was then!

Us men hate to admit when we're idiots, so I think you're right... he probably feels pretty foolish indeed....

I think you must be right, I don't think I've ever had a guy admit they were idiots... at least not that I remember!

• Like 3

I wonder if Casey would have been so withholding of the details if it had been Marc who ignored the warnings? :P I would like to think so, but it does seem that Casey is the more stubborn/angry one at this point in the story. Marc seems to still be working on getting past whatever dismantled their friendship or at least open the door to finally talking about it. 

I don't see Casey changing so easily though, whatever happened between them was enough for them not to have a good working relationship, or their friendship - despite the threats from their bosses. 

That's actually a really good question. I never gave it much thought, but considering how much more stubborn Casey is, I'd hope so, but there would always be the chance to get Marc into even more trouble. As for the rest of it.... To further discussion too.... What do you think it would take to make Casey change?

• Like 3

That's actually a really good question. I never gave it much thought, but considering how much more stubborn Casey is, I'd hope so, but there would always be the chance to get Marc into even more trouble. As for the rest of it.... To further discussion too.... What do you think it would take to make Casey change?

I thought what Marc did may have been the first step to Casey thawing... maybe just wishful thinking, but someone saving your life, or preventing you from getting a devastating injury should make you rethink your opinion of them... just saying....

• Like 2

Hmm, I think the ending of this chapter - may have opened his eyes a little. The bad thing about good friends having a falling out like they have, though - you already know the other person as a good person. Then something changed that. If 'that' something isn't going away or changing then maybe it would take a lot more to re-establish the thoughts, feelings, etc that bonded them in the first place.

It isn't all on Casey, but Casey has to realize that Marc is still the decent person he used to call a friend. Marc has to do the same thing. We'll probably see if Marc is as willing as he seems, or just tired.

Stubborn.. stubborn.. stubborn. lol. 

• Like 2

What pisses me off most about Casey is that he's obviously found out about Marc being gay. Somehow this causes him to suddenly expect his former friend to be devoid of human decency - as in not expecting him to save his life. WTF?! Or is it him saying indirectly 'I know I've treated you like shit, so I'm surprised you wanted to save my ass.' The mean interpretation would be that Casey meant: I wouldn't have saved a f.. so I didn't expect him to save me either. But I hope his thanks was the first step to admit he's been wrong all along. But like Marc I'll believe it when I see it.  

Ya know, I've tried to answer this like 3 times, and I never like my response. Even this 4th time, I had to delete most of my response, lol. I guess at this point, all I can say is keep reading and hopefully you'll enjoy it :)

• Like 2

Marc didn't confirm or deny to his own boss that it was because of "the gay thing," as I think he put it. Marc didn't go into detail with him, but withheld what really went on. So, I think it was a combination of things. I believe Marc may have pressed his feelings for Casey, because maybe Casey was showing attraction. Then something work related happened as well, that maybe wouldn't have happened if, "the gay thing," wasn't on both of their minds.

But, I don't think their falling out happened just because Marc either outed himself in the manner above by acting on his feelings.. or just told Casey the truth. If that is the case, then I don't feel all that forgiving of Casey's character. It doesn't seem as redeemable if that was the only reason they show such hostility towards one another. And it isn't one sided. I don't think if it was just the gay thing, Marc would be willing to beat the hell out of Casey with little to no provocation. If I'm wrong, then I don't think Marc's character is all that redeemable either.. lol.

Yeah, it's a tough situation to try to figure out. You want to like the characters, but you need to see that likability in them and so far they both are kind of being stubborn asses. Hopefully when all is revealed things will start to look up, but only time (and more chapters) will tell.

I think they maybe started something, whether just a drunken kiss or something more, and Casey is regretting it, or is in denial... maybe Marc pushed too hard... either way, there is electricity between them, and not just the bad kind... methinks....

There's passion there, that's for sure. My guess is that they hooked up or somehow revealed their feelings for each other physically and it scared the crap out of Casey, so now the passion has been transferred into anger.

I love reading all the different scenarios you guys have come up with for what might have happened. Hopefully it lives up to all y'alls expectations :)

I thought what Marc did may have been the first step to Casey thawing... maybe just wishful thinking, but someone saving your life, or preventing you from getting a devastating injury should make you rethink your opinion of them... just saying....

Yeah, you'd definitely think that would be enough. Now just have to wait and see what happens. And I know, waiting sucks, but hopefully it will be worth it :)

Hmm, I think the ending of this chapter - may have opened his eyes a little. The bad thing about good friends having a falling out like they have, though - you already know the other person as a good person. Then something changed that. If 'that' something isn't going away or changing then maybe it would take a lot more to re-establish the thoughts, feelings, etc that bonded them in the first place.

It isn't all on Casey, but Casey has to realize that Marc is still the decent person he used to call a friend. Marc has to do the same thing. We'll probably see if Marc is as willing as he seems, or just tired.

Stubborn.. stubborn.. stubborn. lol.

You are so right, it's up to both of them. Neither of them can do it completely on their own, but so far neither of them seem to have pushed enough. Hopefully what happened with the bull gives them a starting point, but it's just another wait and see.

• Like 2

Not going to lie: I posted a Status message about me settling in to write.. then saw that the next chapter was posted.. lol. So I had to settle in and listen to music and read your chapter instead. :D 

The interactions between Casey and Marc seemed slightly reversed. Marc is still doing the majority of the talking, but this time it felt like Casey was on the verge of bridging the gap a little bit on his side. The reason I say that, although Marc said that the thought of seeing Casey made him feel eager.. he's still a stubborn butt that don't want to do anything but set eyes on him.

The one scene that really stuck with me and got me thinking most about what I had read in previous chapters happened with the, "Nothing," response Casey muttered before bolting when he found Marc washing off in the water. It set back my train of thought a little bit on what I think may have happened between them. Which is good! :D

So now... I just have to wait. 

• Like 1

Not going to lie: I posted a Status message about me settling in to write.. then saw that the next chapter was posted.. lol. So I had to settle in and listen to music and read your chapter instead. :D

The interactions between Casey and Marc seemed slightly reversed. Marc is still doing the majority of the talking, but this time it felt like Casey was on the verge of bridging the gap a little bit on his side. The reason I say that, although Marc said that the thought of seeing Casey made him feel eager.. he's still a stubborn butt that don't want to do anything but set eyes on him.

The one scene that really stuck with me and got me thinking most about what I had read in previous chapters happened with the, "Nothing," response Casey muttered before bolting when he found Marc washing off in the water. It set back my train of thought a little bit on what I think may have happened between them. Which is good! :D

So now... I just have to wait. 

Just don't tell your readers that it was me preventing you from writing, lol! They might want to string me up, or use those pitchforks that keep getting mentioned in the blog entry for today.

I can see what you mean about Marc, but can't really say as I blame him. He's said before about how he's tried to talk to Casey, only to be rebuffed. Then of course there was the whole thing with the bull, where he knows had Ryan been there, Casey probably would have listened a little better. I think at this point, Marc doesn't want to rock the boat. Him and Casey aren't at each other's throats as bad as they used to be, and why would he want to risk bringing all that back. As for what that will mean for these two.... well, you'll see :)

I'm also glad to see that I made you question what you already thought. I don't want things to be too predictable with this story and if you're rethinking, then that means I've done my job :) so thank you for that compliment :)

And hey, at least it's not going to be a week long wait this time!

• Like 2