Welcome to Gay Authors

Confused? Check out one of our guides to using Gay Authors. I am here to ... Read  Write  Socialize  eBooks

If you need assistance, click  Contact Us  on the bottom of all the pages. You can remove this help box by  Signing In  or  Creating An Account  for free today!

Photo

[Luc] "I, No More" by Luc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Kitty

Former Member

• Former Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:02 AM

Discuss Luc's poem "I, No More", which appears in the 2006 Winter Anthology, in this thread.

Kurt

¿Dónde están mis pantalones?

• Author: Author
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:10 AM

Wow Luc... That was truly amazing, and very moving. Thank you!

Many :hug:

Kurt
Hola.

Graeme

Gay Dad

• Mod:  Forum Moderation Team
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

Beautiful....

There are three types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Now starting to post: Leopard Spots, the sequel to Leopard Skin Cover

canundra

Awesome Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:38 AM

I must admit, I am not particularly fond of poems.

However, this one...Wow. It was great ^^ :lol:
Sapere aude - Dare to know

Luc

Classic Author

• Author: Classic Author
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:26 AM

I'm glad you liked my poem. Thanks. :) It was SUPPOSED to end the story I started for the Winter Anthology, but I ran out of time and couldn't finish the actual story. The story was (and may still be since I may still finish it) to be about a boy who unexpectedly becomes the host of a symbiotic entity. Here's the beginning of that story. Let me know if you think I should finish it.

I, No More

Do you remember the moment you met the love of your life? The one you were meant to be with forever? The one that made you complete?

I remember it was winter. I was standing at the edge of the creek. It was running hard, oddly enoughthe result of a freakish heat wave that had melted nearly all the snow, even the snow in the highest mountain peaks. The elders looked to the skies and shook their grizzled heads and prophesied doom. They always prophesied one form of doom or another whenever anything unusual happened. I had come to understand over the fourteen years that was my life that it was just what elders did. And if doom came, well, they were right and wise. If doom didnt come, well, their prayers had successfully interceded with the gods on our behalf. It was a win/win situation for them. It was good to be an elder. But I would never be an elder.

That was one of the things I was thinking about, more or less, as I threw sticks into the watertwo at a time, watching them race toward an imaginary finish line. I was fourteen, one year into manhood. One full yearand I had not taken a wife. That displeased my mama, though in truth I knew she was not keen on the idea of sharing our dwelling with another female. Not to mention that she was even less keen on becoming a gramama. But it displeased her anywaylargely because it displeased my father. Displeased. That was a bit like saying an angry hornet that kept stinging you and stinging you and stinging you was displeased. My father was livid. A full year into manhood and I had no wife and no prospects of onenot to mention no desire for one. It was unheard of. I was a disgrace. To myself, to my family, to my village, to my speciesbut more importantly, to him.

But I didnt care. Not that day. Not any day, really. Though maybe thats a lie, because sometimes I did care. Enough, sometimes, to think about the consequences. My father had a whole list of them that he recited to me almost daily. But most of them seemed only to matter if a person cared about what others thought. I didnt. Not really. Not usually. Definitely not when the creek was running in the middle of winter and the whole world was poised on the edge ofdoom. According to the elders. Except I didnt feel that. It didnt feel like doom to me. To me, it felt like potential.

I tipped my head back, closing my eyes, forgetting about the sticks I had sent off to race, and inhaled deeply. The air was odd. The freakish warmth that had melted all the snow and foretold the doom seemed to be coexisting with an iciness that was more normal for this time of year. Normal but not. I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself. Not for protection from the cold, because I didnt really feel the cold that much. But because I wanted to hold that feeling inside me, the feeling of potential that seemed to be swirling around me, along with the wind that had just started to blow in from the southeast.

I had felt it before, though never this strongly. It had always felt as if something was tickling at my senses, playing around the edges of my peripheral vision. As if something was there, just out of reach, waiting. For me. Or I for it. Which was one reason why I had not taken a wife, why I would not, could not take a wife. If I did, it would end that feeling, would drive away whatever it was that waited. Then everything that was potential would be gone, and all that would be left would be the known, the predictable, the expected. I was not ready to surrender my life to normal. Not then. Probably not ever. But absolutely with complete certainty, not then.

That was why I knew I would never be an elderbecause an elder had to take a wife, had to produce progeny, had to complete the circle. But that circle was not mine and would never be mine, because the other reason I had not taken a wifeand would likely never take a wifewas that it was my own sex that stirred my blood.

I snapped my head forward and opened my eyes wide. The wind that swirled around me now was cold and carried with it small crystals of ice, signaling what had to be the end of the freakish heat wave that had the elders in a twist. Crystals of ice. Snow, by definition, but colder and sharper than any snow I had ever felt before. It sliced into my skin like shards of glass, but I didnt care because I could feel it. Something else was there, in that wind, in those crystals of ice that cut so sharply and deeply yet drew no blood. Something that had been waiting and would wait no more.

I opened my arms and welcomed it, embraced it, surrendered myself to it. I, also, would wait no more.

It entered my body through the cuts that did not bleed. No, it entered my soul. No, not it. He.

And by and by my Soul returned to me,
And answered “I Myself am Heav’n and Hell”
- Omar Khayyam

I'm a review/feedback whore. I will "do things" if you read . my stories and tell me what you think
Especially if you post something in my discussion forums..
(...ok, maybe I won't actually "do things" because Mark would not like that...but I'll be very appreciative and pleasant and... ok, will shut up now.)

http://luc.gayauthors.org/

AFriendlyFace

Elite Member

• Author: Author
  • 8,031 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

My God, Luc! You really are amazingly talented. YES, please do finish it! The poem as a stand alone was extremely beautiful and moving, but already I see it's significance tieing into the story and I can't wait to see the completed set!

Everything you write is so powerful and evocative this is certainly no exception!

-Kevin