Tutoring Jerry

Author: DesertMac

Link: http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/highschool/tutoring-jerry/

Eroticism: 8.5

Character Development: 9

Strength of Story: 9

Overall Quality: 9

OK guys...we've heard this storyline soooooo many times..But still this story, though having a common theme, takes away marks for gr8 style of writing and excellent cliffhangers (yeah..i have a fetish for cliffhangers..have had them so many times in my real life!! :D ) and a very touching way of going about this story.

It's a story of a supposedly str8 boy Jerry, who lived in a 'perfect' world. Perfect parents, perfect girl, perfect life! That is..until he had Danny as a tutor. Typical jock turns gay theme follows but DesertMac tells this in such a beautiful way you just gotta keep going on. This story portrays a very good example of the various problems faced by teenagers who realize they are gay/bi. Being a teen myself, i can empathize with this pretty well.

All in all a good story, a gr8 one in fact. Wouldn't recommend it if it weren't so, right? :king:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I haven't read it for a while and I read it at another site while it was still being written, but I certainly enjoyed what I read. It's not all sweetness and light, but I found it well written and a good read.

I think I'll have to make the time to get caught up on the story.

I owe a lot to Desertmac as he helped me through a difficult period of my life, both through his fantastic story and a fairly regular email exchange I had with him. We've unfortunately since lost touch, but he indeed is still writing.

He is a very wise man and an excellent writer, and I whole-heartedly recommend this story. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I owe a lot to Desertmac as he helped me through a difficult period of my life, both through his fantastic story and a fairly regular email exchange I had with him. We've unfortunately since lost touch, but he indeed is still writing.

He is a very wise man and an excellent writer, and I whole-heartedly recommend this story. :)

Mac and I are friends - along with his partner, Jae. We live in the same community. However, he's been up in Utah for some personal business and hasn't been writing (or corresponding).

He has a brilliant way of describing emotions of his characters. He's also a very sloooooow writer. I started his story two years ago and have followed the protagonist's challenges. There was a time when Mac was only able to post once or twice a year.

Here's his group link. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DesertMac_Forum/. You should join the group and send him a message. There are also a few other stories of his I'm sure you'd enjoy.

I haven't seen Mac since last fall when I hosted a brunch for a group of Internet writers (one of the participants was JET...he passed away a month later).

Be patient. Mac will return.

Jack B)

• 3 years later...

Tutoring Jerry

Author: DesertMac

Link: http://www.nifty.org...tutoring-jerry/

Eroticism: 8.5

Character Development: 9

Strength of Story: 9

Overall Quality: 9

OK guys...we've heard this storyline soooooo many times..But still this story, though having a common theme, takes away marks for gr8 style of writing and excellent cliffhangers (yeah..i have a fetish for cliffhangers..have had them so many times in my real life!! :D ) and a very touching way of going about this story.

It's a story of a supposedly str8 boy Jerry, who lived in a 'perfect' world. Perfect parents, perfect girl, perfect life! That is..until he had Danny as a tutor. Typical jock turns gay theme follows but DesertMac tells this in such a beautiful way you just gotta keep going on. This story portrays a very good example of the various problems faced by teenagers who realize they are gay/bi. Being a teen myself, i can empathize with this pretty well.

All in all a good story, a gr8 one in fact. Wouldn't recommend it if it weren't so, right? :king:

I loved this story, it's number one on my top list next to gone from daylight lol

I wish there were more stories like it!