A Visit to Florida by Miguel Sanchez

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Once again we meet Ben Parker, Mike Palmer and their small horde of boys. This time they're off to Florida to visit Jeff and the twins.

In this story, it is the day-to-day interactions that form the most interest, though there is certainly some excitement happening.

I'm not sure if the incident with the cop at the airport was an example of racial stereotyping because it's not clear what ethnicity Mike is, but that was my first thought. Regardless, it's just one of those little scenes that Miguel has scattered throughout his story that helps bring the whole thing to life.

I absolutely loved the opening scene, where the boys were logging into MSN, and then being disappointed because the twins weren't online -- because they were still on the plane heading home :D An great example of the instant gratification than young boys expect.

I agree with Graeme, the scene with the kids logging into MSN before the twins even arrived home made me smile.

The airport scene was interesting; all too often, I've seen utterly irrational and capricious behavior from airport security.