Earning his Wings by Yaalc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

An oddball story, but one I found quite cute. 0:) The idea of a Guardian Angel School appeals to my sense of humour 0:) , though I have to pity the people whose designated angel fails the course. It also gives me lots of excuses to use a particular emoticon 0:)

There are definite parallels with Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, where an angel goes to heaven with a lot of the mental baggage they acquired during their time on Earth, but slowly shed that baggage as they learn a proper perspective. In this story, the guardian angel learns to appreciate that he doesn't know everything, and that love is a lot more complex than he had previously believed. It's amazing how a little bit of extra knowledge or experience can alter someone's perception.

One of my favourite parts of the story was the lightning bolt. I couldn't help smile with this mental image of the panicking angel throwing everything into trying to stop Ian from having a fatal accident. Subtlety is obviously not one of Geoff's strong points. 0:)

Hello Yaalc,

Very strong start! There're very few things more painful than the loss of a son and a lover. As a happy ending lover, I'm glad that you saved me a few tears. The tatics used by the guardian angel were really funny, it tells us why he failed the other two times. :P I really liked the idea of Geoff learning that gays can love too. The gradual chnage in is attitude and way of thinking was good. Apparently, we don't stop learning even after death... :D

Ieshwar

This is a cute story. I really thought it would end up badly, with Geoff the failure. Lots were said in such a short text, and it remained light in spite of the harrowing beginning.

If Yaalc has another story in which a character dies or isn't saved by magic, I think I'll hate him, because I expect him to get his characters out of trouble! ;)

Hey everyone thanks for the comments.

If Yaalc has another story in which a character dies or isn't saved by magic, I think I'll hate him

I hope your not reading Sebastian! These 2 stories I just did with the hint of magic are kind of an anomoly for me. I've never done anything like it before. All my other stuff is pretty well based in reality.

I'm looking forward to reading all the other entries and I will soon. Just need to finish up the damn sprinklers!

Thanks everyone

Sebastian here