Disclosure by York 366

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

A delightful short tale of love and misunderstandings, of friendship and putting others first.

Alternating first and third person, this simple tale has an undercurrent that wasn't obvious at the start. Rohan's actions aren't revealed until the end, and we're then taken all the way back to the start of the story to complete the circle.

To me, Rohan's actions were a true, if imperfect, reflection of his love. He put the goals and aspirations of the one he loved before himself. His mistake was in making the decision unilaterally instead of discussing it between themselves. But his heart was in the right place and if they can maintain a long distance relationship, I think they'll be a lot stronger at the end.

Simply enjoyable -- thank you, York! :)

Hi York,

Forst of all, I was (pleasantly) surprised to see Hindi names in the story. You seemed to be really at ease with them! I wasn't expecting it! :)

And that was a really sweet short story. I was kinda expecting another turn of events. I thought that Varun was in love with Rahul. Was this intended? There was the part of Radhika and Varun being together for just one month, the strong emtions for Rahul... Perhaps, I'm being too romantic! :P

Great job!

Ieshwar

• 2 weeks later...

This is one powerful story, York.

Sacrifices are very hard to make especially if they make you give up your loved ones. This is a truly touching depiction you have given us.

I have only one comment. I agree with Graeme when he says that Rohan's folly was to make a unilateral decision. When in a relationship, you cannot 'make' or 'take' decisions for your partener and that is where Rohan's fault lies.

Great story, though.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

BeaStKid

P.S

Even I am intrigued. How come you used Indian names? Even the story is set in India. Care to elaborate?