[Lugh] Red's Rescue by Lugh

Lugh

Lugh paints a vivid and beautiful story about duty, forgiveness, and the unconquerable nature of love. Red's Rescuse is a riveting tale about a young man, Ayreon, who, despite his father's best attempts to sway him toward the Blacks, is picked by the Reds.

Ayreon progresses quickly in his training and soon becomes ready to take on the role of loving and protecting. His first assignment, however, is a tricky one. He must return to the home of his father, a black master, in the guise of a failure and protect someone. The only problem: who? Is it his younger brother, Jocen? Could it be the boy his father is looking after, Kiref? Or perhaps it's Picek, the boy who replaced him. Furthermore, just who, or what, is he protecting this person from? And how can he hope to believe in the power of love when love seems to have abandoned him?

Join Ayreon as Lugh takes us on a powerful, thrilling, emotional ride as Ayreon learns not only that some things are worth fighting for, but just how to go about fighting for them.

Excellent job, Lugh! Thank you for the skillfully crafted, evocative piece!

-Kevin

Lugh:

I thought Red's Rescue was excellent. I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating - your descriptive style and character development are always top notch. I'm continually amazed at how deep you can go in such a short space.

Each story is such a unique tapestry, and Red's Rescue is n exception. And the ending is a surprise to all!

So, thank you for the great short story. You always make the Anthologies interesting. :D

Awesome job! :P

George

Lugh

Well, I would read this one first. Lugh has written a beautiful short story, he is the master of it. This one to me is his best. Love overcomes all. The return gives so many options, who is the target?

I hope Lugh continues to write short stories, especially like this one. For those who are interested in more, read Lugh stories in the Land of the Fey.

Many thanks Lugh

:worship: Dewi.

Edited by Red_A
thank you Red, George, and Kevin for your kind words.

I'm glad the story didn't suck.

Hey my friend the only stories of yours that suck are the ones that have yet to be finished.. :P:worship:

pax steve sv gandalf currently home in cold maine instead of spain...

Heh, he's glad the story didn't suck.... Really!

I wish, just for a few seconds, that I was allowed a peak into the twists and turns of Lugh's mind. It would truly be an amazing journey...

His creation of an alternate world, an almost medieval world is awesome. The symbolism of Black, white, red, (evil, good, love) is ingenious and the character development is superb.

Lugh, I told you this one was gonna be a good one!!!

(Yeah, I just said I told you so.-- so sue me!)

Hugs

Rick

• Site Administrator

I've only just now found the time to read this story.

:worship: Well done, Lugh!

It's not easy to depict a complex world in a short story, but Lugh has succeeded. There is a lot left unstated and parts of the world that I would like to know better, but there's enough to get a real feel for the annual apprenticeship tests, the underground War of The Roses that is still ongoing, and the battles that result.

Who was Ayreon's real assignment to protect? I suspect it wasn't a single person. It was all of his family -- barring only his father. He wanted to protect all of them, though to differing degrees. Kiref he wanted to protect the most, but Kiref wasn't the only one.

This is a world that I wouldn't mind seeing more of, though I can understand if Lugh didn't return to it. Regardless, he's left me with some great memories and a place to daydream in.

Thanks, Lugh :great:

Heh, he's glad the story didn't suck.... Really!

I wish, just for a few seconds, that I was allowed a peak into the twists and turns of Lugh's mind. It would truly be an amazing journey...

His creation of an alternate world, an almost medieval world is awesome. The symbolism of Black, white, red, (evil, good, love) is ingenious and the character development is superb.

Lugh, I told you this one was gonna be a good one!!!

(Yeah, I just said I told you so.-- so sue me!)

Hugs

Rick

B) .......Hey, Captain Rick nice seeing you here, that 1st link you put up does not work!!