[Krista] Empress Kellene by Krista

Krista

Krista's Empress Kellene takes the reader on an exciting, action packed adventure as five young warriors set out to free the powerful empress from the clutches of her insidious captor, Phorius. However, the heroes motives don't stop there. They seem to be as much on a mission to prove themselves as they are to rescue their empress and restore order to their city-states.

Over the course of their dangerous expedition they encounter many obstacles, not all of which are external. Can they put their pride and egos aside and work together? Will they be able to rescue the empress in time? Is there any hope of stopping Phorius army of the dead? Should their affection and attraction for each other be revealed?

Follow Krista's captivating story to learn the answers to these questions and to reaffirm that some things - love, life, and freedom - are always worth fighting for!

Excellent story, Krista! Way to go! :)

-Kevin

Thanks for the layout ya'll, it looks good. Also, I would like to think Kevin for making the story sound a whole lot better than it actually is.. haha. :wub: So thanks a lot for that Kevin! :wub::wub:

Also, I would like to thank TalonRider - Jan for his quick, thorough awesome editing he did for this story. :)

Krista

• Site Administrator
They seem to be as much on a mission to prove themselves as they are to rescue their empress and restore order to their city-states.

I had the same impression. I don't know by what criteria the knights who selected the five used, but I got the impression that it was as much for potential as for skill.

Follow Krista's captivating story to learn the answers to these questions and to reaffirm that some things - love, life, and freedom - are always worth fighting for!

You're a cruel person, Kevin :P We don't learn the answers to all the questions. The story is just the start in a saga -- at least I hope so....

Well done, Krista. Developing a world isn't an easy task, but you've got a great start here. The political undercurrents are particularly well done -- this is not a simplistic world, but one with multiple factions, each working towards their own ends without worrying about the big picture. Only Orac seems to worry about the future of his world -- the four cities united. Even Narius is beginning to become corrupted by power. I wouldn't be surprised if future troubles occur because Narius becomes too self-absorbed with his perception of his own power/authority.

I had the same impression. I don't know by what criteria the knights who selected the five used, but I got the impression that it was as much for potential as for skill.

You're a cruel person, Kevin :P We don't learn the answers to all the questions. The story is just the start in a saga -- at least I hope so....

Well done, Krista. Developing a world isn't an easy task, but you've got a great start here. The political undercurrents are particularly well done -- this is not a simplistic world, but one with multiple factions, each working towards their own ends without worrying about the big picture. Only Orac seems to worry about the future of his world -- the four cities united. Even Narius is beginning to become corrupted by power. I wouldn't be surprised if future troubles occur because Narius becomes too self-absorbed with his perception of his own power/authority.

Thanks Grame, it is just a start. I will write a part two, I didn't plan on a part two, but I didn't know how to make space for the word limit.. lol. I'm also glad that you picked up on Narius, I was hoping he didn't become overlooked, at least I know you took notice in him. :)

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment, it was greatly appreciated. :wub:

Krista

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Krista,

That was an absolutely amazing story which I really enjoyed. The characters are so well portrayed- each different and with their own strength and flaws. I'm really looking to the next part! I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

Wanting more!

Take care,

Ieshwar

• Site Moderator

Sorry I'm a bit late in posting this, but I enjoyed this story very much as I've already told Krista. If there's going to be a second part, I look forward to it.

Jan

Hi Krista,

That was an absolutely amazing story which I really enjoyed. The characters are so well portrayed- each different and with their own strength and flaws. I'm really looking to the next part! I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

Wanting more!

Take care,

Ieshwar

Thanks for reading my story and leaving a comment Ieshwar! :)

Krista

Sorry I'm a bit late in posting this, but I enjoyed this story very much as I've already told Krista. If there's going to be a second part, I look forward to it.

Jan

Hey Jan, thanks for stopping by my forum. :) I haven't looked at the story after it was posted for the Anthology, but I may start of the second part soon. Thanks again for the editing.

Krista

Its a great story. The seting was so unfamiliar yet you made it easy to imagine. The second part should be great!

Thanks so much for reading my story and commenting, I'm finally motivated to write the second part.. lol. :)

Krista