[AFriendlyFace] If No One Notices by AFriendlyFace

• Site Administrator

James has decided on a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have to say that I was cheering when things kept interfering with his plans. Suicide is an escape, but it's a solution that doesn't give a future.

I felt a lot of sympathy for James, in the way that he was ignored -- always pushed into the background. That can be devastating for anyone's self-esteem. But instead of leaving the situation and looking for a new one, James decides to make a statement with a very large and permanent full stop at the end.

Ultimately, I'm disappointed in James. He could have moved. He obviously had no strong attachments where he was. Going somewhere new, where he didn't know anyone, would have been a lot better solution.

• Site Administrator

Kev,

I hope this story generates a lot of discussion about the topic of suicide.

I think you did a great job of explaining both sides of the story, one from James' point of view, where he had the overwhelming feeling of loneliness, even though he was surrounded by family and friends. The other side from Kenny, who maybe was never looking for problems or signs with his best friend right up to the time he noticed the light on, the music playing, and just made another assumption that everything was normal.

Suicide is always a difficult subject to discuss openly and honestly. When someone does become desperate enough to follow through, those that are left behind are always left with very conflicting feelings. Empathy toward the victim, not understanding how things could get that bad that they would make that choice, and anger and hate, for them putting the survivors through the emotional roller coaster.

I one obvious thing about suicide is that nobody ever benefits from it.

Thanks for writing this, and like I said, hopefully it generates some good discussion, as talking is ultimately the only way to work toward eliminating suicide from all of our lives.

:hug: Thank you

Steve B)

This story was so heavy...God, that ending. I won't forget that one for awhile.

I liked the beginning, with James explaining everything he was feeling in a letter. It was a great way of providing some of the details of Jame's life.

I feel really sad for James in that he didn't think there was any other option. On one hand, I understand that he wasn't thinking clearly and that suicide was the easiest and best option, since he felt invisible or not important enough. But he could have had a good heart to heart talk with everyone or something. Then again, we can never completely understand unless we are in Jame's mindset. For them, that's the only way out, because it seems they are stuck too deep in a hole, unable to dig their way out of.

Beautifully written, Kevin. Excellent job.

I liked the beginning, with James explaining everything he was feeling in a letter. It was a great way of providing some of the details of Jame's life.

I feel really sad for James in that he didn't think there was any other option. On one hand, I understand that he wasn't thinking clearly and that suicide was the easiest and best option, since he felt invisible or not important enough. But he could have had a good heart to heart talk with everyone or something. Then again, we can never completely understand unless we are in Jame's mindset. For them, that's the only way out, because it seems they are stuck too deep in a hole, unable to dig their way out of.

I totally agree with Tiff here...

I'm sorry I can't write more about it but that's because I'm still shocked..

This was absolutely great, certainly the best story I've read by you so far. James had a bit of Werther in him, and a bit of Holden Caulfield, whining and feeling sorry for himself. Kenny was (as seen through James's eyes) self-centred and unempathetic. Everybody says this story was heavy, and in a way it was, but great (and funny) lines such as 'Even on his suicide day he couldn

Very poignant, and very well done!

Definitely not a happy story, but very illustrative. Suicide is no solution to emotional issues, and this shows that well indeed.

My impression of James was this was his own doing in so many ways; he couldn't come out to his openly gay best friend?? Seems to me like he was causing much of his own angst and projecting.

Very emotional, and very well done, Kevin!

Definitely not a happy story, but very illustrative. Suicide is no solution to emotional issues, and this shows that well indeed.

My impression of James was this was his own doing in so many ways; he couldn't come out to his openly gay best friend?? Seems to me like he was causing much of his own angst and projecting.

<_< ...........Agreed, he seems to believe that during all his life he was unduly robbed of his thunder and achievements. I found it odd his best friend didn't see any signs of his emotional state. His death got him what he sought most, attention.

James has decided on a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have to say that I was cheering when things kept interfering with his plans. Suicide is an escape, but it's a solution that doesn't give a future.

I felt a lot of sympathy for James, in the way that he was ignored -- always pushed into the background. That can be devastating for anyone's self-esteem. But instead of leaving the situation and looking for a new one, James decides to make a statement with a very large and permanent full stop at the end.

Ultimately, I'm disappointed in James. He could have moved. He obviously had no strong attachments where he was. Going somewhere new, where he didn't know anyone, would have been a lot better solution.

That would've only made things far worse. Move from a place where at least people pretended to care to a place where nobody gave a damn? Bad, bad idea.

Agreed.

I don't really like that phrase... "...this was his own doing in so many ways...". It wasn't his fault. It wasn't exactly anyone's fault, but he managed to surround himself with people who never took the time to look close at him. Maybe they did and he just didn't realize it, but I really think that no one expected him to actually realize that they weren't taking the time to actually be there for him. The sad fact of it all is that the great majority of people really just don't care. Most pretend because they feel like they have to or because it's just the social norm. Truth is, a lot of people just don't realize how their actions and words affect others and their choices.

I'm a classic example, lol. People say one thing, it goes through the crazy straw of my brain, and comes out as something totally different. I've learned to just deal with it because most people don't understand at all, or they think you're nuts when you try to explain it. No skin off my back because they didn't pay attention to me; I just won't make the mistake of investing effort in a person who won't return it. Seems like a lot of kids never develop any coping mechanisms for whatever reason.

Also, in a world where everything you need is provided for, all you have left to worry about is the last step on that wonderful hierarchy of needs. When love and belonging become your focus in life, you're treading in dangerous water, since the most typical response of others is to not notice you.

Excellent, Kevvers. ~gigantic hugs~ I'm quite impressed.

Excellent, Kevvers. ~gigantic hugs~ I'm quite impressed.

wonderfull story :worship:

Kevin, you should write more stories, for your pleasure and ours.

Also, in a world where everything you need is provided for, all you have left to worry about is the last step on that wonderful hierarchy of needs. When love and belonging become your focus in life, you're treading in dangerous water, since the most typical response of others is to not notice you.

The increasing of suicide of young people all around the world is alarming :( .

As suggested, this should be the subject of another topic.

Is loneliness the only reason for suicide ?

What could be done against this trend ?

My experiences in this matter tell me that suicide's attempt is always an appeal of help.

Am I right ?

Old bob

Wow thanks everyone :)

I'm so glad you guys found the story moving!

Let me address a few things:

<_< ...........Agreed, he seems to believe that during all his life he was unduly robbed of his thunder and achievements. I found it odd his best friend didn't see any signs of his emotional state. His death got him what he sought most, attention.

Wow, the ultimate attention getter.

Of course, one could see how his parents would take the blame (his mother: I failed as a parent!) and credit (his father: I taught him to shoot!) for this as well -- one last thing where James wasn't at the centre of things.

The other side from Kenny, who maybe was never looking for problems or signs with his best friend right up to the time he noticed the light on, the music playing, and just made another assumption that everything was normal.

Vic, Benji, Steve, and Procyon are addressing the main paradox of the story in my opinion, well at least the main paradox I purposely intended to write.

On the one hand James has been ignore all of his life and felt like he's always just had to do what other people expected of him with regard for himself. He's disparate for attention. Should Kenny, his family, and everyone else have noticed?

Of course they should have noticed, but something always stopped them from doing so. As Jamie said:

Truth is, a lot of people just don't realize how their actions and words affect others and their choices.

... Seems like a lot of kids never develop any coping mechanisms for whatever reason.

Kenny wasn't supposed to be a bad person, but he was supposed to be self-involved. James' family wasn't supposed to be uncaring, but they were supposed to be oblivious.

There was also a big element of something always happening to get in the way. Someone else having a crisis or a great success, and James being unable or unwilling to express his pain or happiness to the people around it. They could have noticed, but they didn't because he didn't speak up and they were too busy with their own lives.

The final example was an extreme version of the long-continuing pattern. If there was ever a time in his life when James needed someone to notice him, to ask what was wrong, to focus on his needs, it was when Kenny walked through that door, saw James freak out and act funny, and then later saw flashes of anger and sadness in him. But he didn't notice. And if there was ever a good reason for someone not to notice what was going on with James it was in those moments when Kenny had probably had the most physically and emotionally painful experiences of life! He had a good 'excuse' not to notice, but it was just one more excuse on a string of excuses.

The ultimate irony, which James even bitterly predicted ("Let

Sorry, ran out of quotes.

I totally agree with Tiff here...

I'm sorry I can't write more about it but that's because I'm still shocked..

Thanks Niels, I hope you ultimately enjoyed the story or got something out of it.

A few things I struggled with with this story was how Kenny and James would come off in relation to each other.

If you think about it, what James just did was about the cruelest thing he could possibly have done to Kenny. The guy had just gotten beat up, his ex-boyfriend (whom he was still close with) is in ICU, and now his best friend has just killed himself after all of that and after the two had just spent what to Kenny must have felt like a very emotionally intimate evening together. James had made things infinitely worse and more painful for Kenny in Kenny's greatest time of need and vulnerability.

Yet I didn't want James to come off as completely selfish, and I actually wanted to portray him as a caring individual. Was he truly concerned about Kenny when he was comforting him? Did he really care or was he just going through the motions because it's what was expected and he knew it was how he was supposed to react?

The answer I was hoping to convey was that it was both. He was worried. He did care. He did feel guilty for not having his phone on when Kenny needed him. But all of that was underscored and highlighted by the pain and resentment he was feeling, so once again instead of crying for himself, or getting angry that he was being ignored, he responded 'dutifully' by holding Kenny, getting him some food and movie, and covering him up before finishing up his own 'plans'.

Did it ever cross James' mind what he was doing to Kenny? Probably not, at least not consciously, because he didn't notice either.

The final little play on ideas/words I was going for is sort of like the tree in the forest analogy:

If no one notices something, did it happen?

James' death will only be realized when it's finally noticed.

On an even more simple level, his death isn't explicit, only presumed. We're only told that Kenny awakes to the sound of a gun shot while a violent movie is playing in the background, that James' door is locked and 'he must be asleep', and that "Adam's Song" is playing but that it's one of James' favourites.

So is James dead?

Well if no one notices....

Edited by AFriendlyFace

You used the narrator in a great way here, as you say it's not actually clear that he did die at the end; there's an imagined death scene earlier in the story, too, so the one at the end might be something the narrator imagines as well. In a way I like that theory better, because it gives James more self-insight, and it makes the story -- and James -- much more ironic. :D It'd be cool if it were actually James realising that that's what the ultimate result would be, and, for that reason, giving up on the whole idea.

Another aspect that you mentioned: there are always other events that get the attention when James has done something important -- but James lets them take all the attention, too; he never tries to actually raise his voice to say that he's done something worth noticing too, but has taken on the role of the eternal victim. In a way it feels like he wants to be able to always feel sorry for himself.

Hey Kevin,

I really appreciated your in depth explanation of James and the story in general. This story, along with Myk's "Without You" are extremely memorable and I find myself wondering about the characters.

Since you've mentioned and hinted at it, how do the readers know for sure if James is really dead? Readers at first go with their instinct, especially with the gunshot, but then you're right, they were watching a violent movie and it might not be what it came off as. Perhaps James is in his locked room, listening to music, wallowing over how he had to put his plans on hold, to comfort Kenny.

And I like that you pointed out that James also doesn't notice everything, he doesn't know how his potential suicide will impact everyone else. He doesn't notice that he often times makes himself into the victim by standing on the sidelines.

If no one notices...did it really happen kind of reminds me of the line, "It's not stealing if you don't get caught." As long as no one sees, people can pretend it wasn't there, it didn't happen and for some reason that really gets to me.

Lastly, I don't think James is completely selfish. He obviously cares a lot about his loved ones, even if he does appear to be a bit of a pushover. The fact that he did get annoyed at having to put his plans on hold to tend to Kenny just shows how caring or perhaps inherently dutiful he is. He is a good person, but is just not thinking clearly.

Gah! Stories that make me sad and overanalyze.....

Hey Kev

Like I already told you on msn, great story. You've touched a very disturbing matter, in a very well fashioned way. James was sick of everything always being about his best friend, for years it was always about Kenny. I wish James would have just told Kenny everything that was bothering him and somehow the two could have worked things out, but that's not the type of person James is. But even with everything James was feeling, even when he knew what he was going to do to himself, he was still there for his friend, when he needed him. It really wasn't fair of Kenny, but that's just how life goes huh?

Great story Kev, thank you for sharing it with us.

-Mike :hugs

Hey Kevin,

Since you've mentioned and hinted at it, how do the readers know for sure if James is really dead? Readers at first go with their instinct, especially with the gunshot, but then you're right, they were watching a violent movie and it might not be what it came off as. Perhaps James is in his locked room, listening to music, wallowing over how he had to put his plans on hold, to comfort Kenny.

I think that was Kevin's entire plan, and it really added to the story. It leaves room for you to try and imagine what you think happened/ Happens next.

Bravo!

Btw did anyone read the lyircs to Adam's Song? I already knew the song at heart, but there was a reason it's his favourites song and I'm guessing it's becuase maybe he can relate to it? You be the judge!

Wow, that one was heavy! A great piece of writing, but it also just had me very, very angry at James.

See, suicide is never the solution. But in some cases, it can be easier to understand why people would think so.

The thing is, James's situation is largely of his own making. Not that I'm not sympathetic; I know all too well what it's like to try to get people to notice you, to feel that they don't, that you're invisible. But I've learned the hard way that people aren't mind readers. If you need something - help, attention, understanding - you have to ask for it.

James didn't have the courage to ask for it. He didn't have the courage to go up to the people who professed to care about him - and yes, I believe they did care about him - and tell them the truth. He didn't have the courage to show anyone who he really was. He was dropping hints like crazy, and getting angry and hurt that people weren't picking up on them - but he never went up to Kenny or to his parents and said "I need you to listen to me. I need you to understand. This is who I am. This is how I feel."

I firmly believe that all those people would have listened, would have cared. But for James, it was too easy to feel sorry for himself. It was too easy not to say anything to his best friend about being gay. Sure, at the time when they were 13 years old, he might have gotten sidetracked trying to comfort his friend, but surely he had opportunities in the six years since. It was too easy not to tell his parents how insignificant they made him feel. It was too easy, when Kenny walked in beat up, to just suppress James's own emotions, and not tell him he'd interrupted a suicide attempt. Sure, arguably the timing is lousy, but it looks like James does this his whole life. He doesn't talk, doesn't tell people what he feels or what he needs, and then resents the hell out of them for not somehow knowing.

I'm not saying the only two answers in life are suicide or dramatics. There's a happy medium. But James has to realize that if all those people around him keep stealing the spotlight, it's because they have the courage to openly say what they're thinking and feeling, and to ask for help. James always had the option of asking for help, but he took the coward's way out and never did.

Your writing was excellent, and you so accurately portrayed the useless tragedy of suicide. Anyone contemplating something similar needs to realize that there's always another way. Help is out there - whether from a parent, a friend, a counselor or an anonymous hotline listener. But you need to take the first step and ask for it. You need to pick up the phone and say "I'm sad. I need someone to listen to me." People will. But you need to ask.

Oh, and kudos to you for writing such a realistic story that your characters actually made me this angry. Good job!

wonderfull story :worship:

Kevin, you should write more stories, for your pleasure and ours.

Thanks Old Bob! :D

You used the narrator in a great way here, as you say it's not actually clear that he did die at the end; there's an imagined death scene earlier in the story, too, so the one at the end might be something the narrator imagines as well. In a way I like that theory better, because it gives James more self-insight, and it makes the story -- and James -- much more ironic. :D It'd be cool if it were actually James realising that that's what the ultimate result would be, and, for that reason, giving up on the whole idea.

Thanks Procyon! I definitely agree with that interpretation. Actually I'm really glad you brought this up because I wanted to see what everyone thoughts of that little bit of misdirection. Was it effective? Did you guys actually assume it was James? Did it change the way the ending was perceived? In other words did you expect James' death less as a result of this? Or did it indeed lead you to conclude that maybe he wasn't dead after all?

In the original version I visualized Kenny does see the note when he wakes up from the movie and rushes in to check on James. One variation was finding it too late and ending story there with everything explicitly spelled out, the other alternative, and the one I probably would have used had I not opted to end the story the way I did, was to find James safe and sound in his room (with him merely having neglected to remove the suicide note from the drawer in which he'd hidden it (perhaps because he subconsciously wanted it to be found?)) and the two of them having a long 'heart to heart'.

I decided that that ending was too sentimental though and that overall the story had much more consistency and unity, not to mention being more evocatively powerful, the way I eventually elected to write it.

Another aspect that you mentioned: there are always other events that get the attention when James has done something important -- but James lets them take all the attention, too; he never tries to actually raise his voice to say that he's done something worth noticing too, but has taken on the role of the eternal victim. In a way it feels like he wants to be able to always feel sorry for himself.

I agree, and not to marginalize suicide at all, or to further stigmatize the victims, but I think very often depressed people do want to play the role of the eternal victim (granted it might be all they're able to do in some instances), and of course in many ways suicide is very often the ultimate act of self-pity.

Hey Kevin,

I really appreciated your in depth explanation of James and the story in general. This story, along with Myk's "Without You" are extremely memorable and I find myself wondering about the characters.

Thanks Tiff! :D

So let me ask you, what do you think?

I noticed that almost everyone's initial reaction seems to be that he did do the deed, and the possibility that he did not is something later considered and possibly 'chosen', but seldom the automatic assumption (in fact I don't think it's been anyone's automatic assumption).

I honestly can't tell you whether he did or not. I purposely tried to leave it subjective, so that whatever the reader decided, however the story would have more significance to him/her would still work.

Lastly, I don't think James is completely selfish. He obviously cares a lot about his loved ones, even if he does appear to be a bit of a pushover. The fact that he did get annoyed at having to put his plans on hold to tend to Kenny just shows how caring or perhaps inherently dutiful he is. He is a good person, but is just not thinking clearly.

Thanks! that is how I hoped he'd come off!

Excellent story, Kevin. Well done.

Thanks Dion! :D

Hey Kev

Like I already told you on msn, great story. You've touched a very disturbing matter, in a very well fashioned way. James was sick of everything always being about his best friend, for years it was always about Kenny. I wish James would have just told Kenny everything that was bothering him and somehow the two could have worked things out, but that's not the type of person James is. But even with everything James was feeling, even when he knew what he was going to do to himself, he was still there for his friend, when he needed him. It really wasn't fair of Kenny, but that's just how life goes huh?

Great story Kev, thank you for sharing it with us.

-Mike :hugs

Thank you Mike! :hug::D

Btw did anyone read the lyircs to Adam's Song? I already knew the song at heart, but there was a reason it's his favourites song and I'm guessing it's becuase maybe he can relate to it? You be the judge!

Thanks, yeah, I did try to pick a significant song. Adam's song definitely has that lonely, depressed, "another six months I'll be unknown" quality to it as a suicide song. The other big suicide song I considered was "Last Resort" by Papa Roach, but that song had a more angry, active, rageful depression that I didn't think worked as well for the story, and didn't have as much significance.

Once when I was in high school and the song was recent, I was in the car with my then best friend who was going through a rough time (his mother had recently died :( ), and the song came on and he said, "this is my favourite song right now", I said, "yeah it's a good song". Then I promptly freaked out and started wondering if he was trying to tell me something!

The thing is, James's situation is largely of his own making. Not that I'm not sympathetic; I know all too well what it's like to try to get people to notice you, to feel that they don't, that you're invisible. But I've learned the hard way that people aren't mind readers. If you need something - help, attention, understanding - you have to ask for it.

James didn't have the courage to ask for it. He didn't have the courage to go up to the people who professed to care about him - and yes, I believe they did care about him - and tell them the truth. He didn't have the courage to show anyone who he really was. He was dropping hints like crazy, and getting angry and hurt that people weren't picking up on them - but he never went up to Kenny or to his parents and said "I need you to listen to me. I need you to understand. This is who I am. This is how I feel."

I definitely agree with you!

I firmly believe that all those people would have listened, would have cared. But for James, it was too easy to feel sorry for himself. It was too easy not to say anything to his best friend about being gay. Sure, at the time when they were 13 years old, he might have gotten sidetracked trying to comfort his friend, but surely he had opportunities in the six years since. It was too easy not to tell his parents how insignificant they made him feel. It was too easy, when Kenny walked in beat up, to just suppress James's own emotions, and not tell him he'd interrupted a suicide attempt. Sure, arguably the timing is lousy, but it looks like James does this his whole life. He doesn't talk, doesn't tell people what he feels or what he needs, and then resents the hell out of them for not somehow knowing.

I think they would have listened too. I tried to write them in a realistic way that made them seem like 'typical' human beings. They're natural tendency is to be a bit self-involved and a bit oblivious to someone's unexpressed feelings, but I think that's very much human nature, regrettably I think this is often even the case for parents. They're supposed to think first of their children and read between the lines, but I think it's far easier for most parents to live in denial that everything is just peachy if they aren't hit in the face with the contradictions.

The thing about suicide is that it usually is a surprise to the people close to the victim. How often do we hear the wailing regret of "how could I know have known?" "Why didn't I realize?" etc.

I definitely think they would have been supportive of James if they had known.

I'm not saying the only two answers in life are suicide or dramatics. There's a happy medium. But James has to realize that if all those people around him keep stealing the spotlight, it's because they have the courage to openly say what they're thinking and feeling, and to ask for help. James always had the option of asking for help, but he took the coward's way out and never did.

I think this speaks of another issue I see frequently. Very often people will go into hysterics over the silliest things! They'll grab the spotlight and run with it and make everyone notice their smallest problems. I think that's definitely the other side of the coin. I think it's seldom just about problem X or situation Y for 'over-dramatic' people. I think it's more often about generally wanting attention and affection from those around them and not quite being able to ask for it in a positive way.

Your writing was excellent, and you so accurately portrayed the useless tragedy of suicide. Anyone contemplating something similar needs to realize that there's always another way. Help is out there - whether from a parent, a friend, a counselor or an anonymous hotline listener. But you need to take the first step and ask for it. You need to pick up the phone and say "I'm sad. I need someone to listen to me." People will. But you need to ask.

Oh, and kudos to you for writing such a realistic story that your characters actually made me this angry. Good job!

Thank you very much! :D

My experiences in this matter tell me that suicide's attempt is always an appeal of help.

Am I right ?

Old bob

I definitely think you're right, Old Bob!

The increasing of suicide of young people all around the world is alarming :( .

As suggested, this should be the subject of another topic.

Is loneliness the only reason for suicide ?

What could be done against this trend ?

I certainly don't think loneliness or feelings of being ignored/invisible are the only reasons someone commits suicide! There are definitely a whole range of other reasons such as: rejection, anger, fear/worry, extreme stress, and ill-health just to name a few!

It is a very difficult trend to reverse indeed! My only advice on this would be for everyone to look carefully at the people around them and try their hardest to be perceptive and sensitive to their needs. It's easier said than done of course, and as many have said, to a great extent it's up to the depressed person to let someone know how they feel and what they need. The flip side to that would be to make it clear that you're there for them and that you would be supportive and listen if they needed something.

Did Kenny let James know that he would have been available to support James? We've all pretty much agreed that he WOULD have supported James, but did he let him know it? Did he back up his words with actions that reinforced his promise?

My gut instinct is to say that no he (and James' parents) didn't do that.

I hope this story generates a lot of discussion about the topic of suicide.

Suicide is always a difficult subject to discuss openly and honestly. When someone does become desperate enough to follow through, those that are left behind are always left with very conflicting feelings. Empathy toward the victim, not understanding how things could get that bad that they would make that choice, and anger and hate, for them putting the survivors through the emotional roller coaster.

Thanks for writing this, and like I said, hopefully it generates some good discussion, as talking is ultimately the only way to work toward eliminating suicide from all of our lives.

:hug: Thank you

Steve B)

Thanks, Steve! :hug:

I definitely agree with you and I've already enjoyed the discussion we've had thus far about this issue! I really hope that it does do someone good. Perhaps either a potential victim will read the story and see the ultimate fruitlessness of it or a potential 'saviour' will read it and be more on the look-out for this sort of thing.

Of course I'm probably deluding and flattering myself to think the story could have that effect. In any case perhaps just opening up communication in general will be beneficial :)

Thanks everyone! :D

-Kevin

Thanks, yeah, I did try to pick a significant song. Adam's song definitely has that lonely, depressed, "another six months I'll be unknown" quality to it as a suicide song. The other big suicide song I considered was "Last Resort" by Papa Roach, but that song had a more angry, active, rageful depression that I didn't think worked as well for the story, and didn't have as much significance.

Once when I was in high school and the song was recent, I was in the car with my then best friend who was going through a rough time (his mother had recently died :( ), and the song came on and he said, "this is my favourite song right now", I said, "yeah it's a good song". Then I promptly freaked out and started wondering if he was trying to tell me something!

Yeah I thought about Last Resort as well, but like you already stated that song was to rageful, to voilent, I think Adam's Song worked perfectly, too bad Jame's wasn't named Adam! lol

• 3 weeks later...