Love Death Love by York366

• Site Administrator

I will admit that I found this story a little confusing. The scenes are not in time sequence, and the ages of the characters is unstated. The opening scene gave me the impression that that lead character was at least late teens, if not older, but the following scene, which appears to have taken place after the first scene, implies that the narrator is a lot younger than that.

Still, the overarching theme that comes out is one of hope. Even when things seem bad, there can be something better around the corner.

Thanks, Kyle! You've got a habit of producing thoughtful, intriguing stories :)

I too had a hard time figuring out some segments of the story; my best guess is that he attempted to commit suicide, sometime before the "present".

The ending though was clear, hope and rebirth, and from the ashes to despair to newfound love.

Thanks Kyle!

CJ :)

Well, I didn't have trouble figuring out what was going on each 'story' what did surprise me is that it all happened to the same person. I thought I was looking at three different stories: A man (I thought the first and fourth scene made him seem older two) confessing to his girlfriend that he is gay; a gay teen attempting suicide (his brother Eric was my favourite character by the way); and a gay boi beginning his first (or at least an early) relationship. I was quite surprised it all happened to the same person, but it definitely works :)

Great story!

-Kevin