• Site Administrator

One of the things that I liked about this story are the miscommunications.

What exactly did Nakul's father say to the men who were chasing his son? He claims he told them Nakul wasn't to be harmed, but Nakul had a different opinion.

Karan and Varun carefully skated over the truth when they spoke to Nakul's father, but I can't condemn them for that. Under the circumstances, a little misdirection was clearly warranted. Otherwise they would have had to fear for Nakul's safety.

Another interesting glimpse into Indian society -- thanks, BeaStKid! :D

This one touches on some painful truths about Indian society. BeaStKid, I am proud of you for your representation and the emotion I see in your writing. Keep up the good work. :)

What exactly did Nakul's father say to the men who were chasing his son? He claims he told them Nakul wasn't to be harmed, but Nakul had a different opinion.

Good point, Graeme!

What has me curious is whether or not Nakul's father is on the level with wanting to reconcile or whether he just wants to get Karan and Varun to reveal his son's location!

Personally I still do not trust the man!

Good story, Beasty :)

-Kevin

• Site Administrator

Great story BeaStKid :D

I agree with what everybody has said.

I really also liked the glimpse into what India is like. I was wondering, is there actually NGO's that specifically help with gay rights? I would imagine from your other stories that there mission would be a daunting task with some of the religious attitudes. Not to say that people in North America aren't facing similar problems.

I guess the story just confirms that the struggles around the world are much similar.

Thank you for sharing :great:

Steve B)

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I didn't reply to any comments! :o How very unbecoming of me!! Apologies, from my side. :)

Karan and Varun carefully skated over the truth when they spoke to Nakul's father, but I can't condemn them for that. Under the circumstances, a little misdirection was clearly warranted. Otherwise they would have had to fear for Nakul's safety.

Another interesting glimpse into Indian society -- thanks, BeaStKid! :D

You're welcome, Graeme. :) I really enjoyed writing this story as it shows how a little bit of misunderstanding can lead to a disaster. :)

This one touches on some painful truths about Indian society. BeaStKid, I am proud of you for your representation and the emotion I see in your writing. Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks Tiger... :) I am glad that you liked the story.

I loved the glimpse into a different culture. I also agree, they were smart to skirt the truth. :)

Indeed, they were smart. ;) Thanks for the comments, CJ. These comments, coming especially from you, mean a lot to me.

Good point, Graeme!

What has me curious is whether or not Nakul's father is on the level with wanting to reconcile or whether he just wants to get Karan and Varun to reveal his son's location!

Personally I still do not trust the man!

Good story, Beasty :)

-Kevin

I think now, after reading Sangharsha Celebrations, it would have answered your question...right Kev?

Thanks for the comments.

Great story BeaStKid :D

I agree with what everybody has said.

I really also liked the glimpse into what India is like. I was wondering, is there actually NGO's that specifically help with gay rights? I would imagine from your other stories that there mission would be a daunting task with some of the religious attitudes. Not to say that people in North America aren't facing similar problems.

I guess the story just confirms that the struggles around the world are much similar.

Thank you for sharing :great:

Steve B)

Thanks for the feedback, Steve. As a matter of fact, there are many such NGOs working in India. Dost is actually based on one such NGO that operates from the capital city, New Delhi.

:)

This story is now on E-Fiction here.

BeaStKid :devil: