It Just Happened by Caipirinha

I read this after Kevin's, and it's just my luck to read two "glimpse in the life" stories regarding warm and fuzzy gay anniversaries. Surprisingly, though (okay, not surprisingly... but some of my friends know me as a dour, anti-sentimental bastard), I quite enjoyed this one. The characters felt very real, and the first person voice was very well done. The humor wasn't overdone, but it was enough to have me laughing out loud every other paragraph. My favorites:

Aww :wub: I truly enjoyed it, Nice anniversary gift. I can say half the things that happened at work in this I can relate to (like how massimo is interacting with his co workers)

cracked up the tampon line and love this one as well

This was a really fantastic story! Enjoyed it from start to finish. And it's one of the few short stories that I think would work really well as a longer novel or a serial. You have introduced some great characters - main ones and peripheral ones - and there is surely a lot of back-story that would be great to read about. Not to mention, a whole opportunity to write about that trip to Italy. Kudos on a job well done.

Edited by Cynical Romantic
  • Site Administrator

While I hated the start (I don't think anyone should be made to work unreasonable hours, especially not on their anniversary), I loved the story. It was just a delightful tale with a happy ending. Sean's nephew and nieces were a delight, too. I can just picture their mother's exasperation with them.

Though I have to wonder -- who does Mike invite around to his uncle's place while Sean is at the office with Mass, and will Mike change the sheets on the bed afterwards?

This was a really fantastic story! Enjoyed it from start to finish. And it's one of the few short stories that I think would work really well as a longer novel or a serial. You have introduced some great characters - main ones and peripheral ones - and there is surely a lot of back-story that would be great to read about. Not to mention, a whole opportunity to write about that trip to Italy. Kudos on a job well done.

See!!! I'm not the only one. Mass and Sean are great characters.

I read this after Kevin's, and it's just my luck to read two "glimpse in the life" stories regarding warm and fuzzy gay anniversaries. Surprisingly, though (okay, not surprisingly... but some of my friends know me as a dour, anti-sentimental bastard), I quite enjoyed this one. The characters felt very real, and the first person voice was very well done. The humor wasn't overdone, but it was enough to have me laughing out loud every other paragraph. My favorites:

Thanks for the kind words, they're much appreciated.

I was tossing around the idea of turning it into a serial, and Sharon obviously isn't opposed to the idea ;-) So who knows, maybe one day.

If you do choose to write it as a serial, might I suggest either sticking with one character's first-person PoV, or rewriting in third-person? I, too, found the alternating first-person point of view to be a little distracting. I find it's one of the techniques in storytelling that rarely works as intended.

Just my opinion... it's entirely up to you, of course.

Ever read a story that leaves you all warm, fuzzy and sugary? I think this story was one of them... :D

I really enjoyed reading this one and although this was the third one with changing POVs (a thing that I hate in stories), this story more than made up for it by its quality... :)

Even I had a hearty laugh at the lines mentioned and the antics of the young ones.

Thanks for sharing this with us...

BeaStKid :devil:

Wow, I love it! A story that have the important elements in it, Love, Comedy, Sadness. I think this is one of the best romantic stories. I really hope you will turn it into a serial because I want to see what happened in Italy for Sean and Massimo. A little of "Mamma Mia"?? ^_^

Storia eccellente! Fantassimo!

Awesome job, Luigi!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story!

Not too much more I can add that hasn't already been said, but I will say that I was really pleased when you had Sean give Mike the safe sex talk! Well done! :2thumbs:

Great story all around :D

-Kevin