Three Hundred Years by WrathOfMagneto

Yay, action! This was thoroughly enjoyable. :) I loved the voice and characterization, and the pacing was great. The world felt very real in a gritty, eat-your-baby sort of way. If I were writing this story, though, I'd have Father Jackson be a demon in disguise. Nobody would be expecting that. B) My only criticism is that Jonathan's "dying" and "coming back to life" was a bit of a stretch for so short a story. Anyway, well done, thanks for the read, and the last line is great.

I enjoyed the story as well. The fighting was good, though the imagery was rather gruesome. I do happen to think it's okay to have such a stretch in a story like this. It's a sci-fi/fantasy which means there is more room for something out of the ordinary to happen. Great story!

• Site Administrator

One of the little things I enjoyed about this story was the priest's reaction about the request to be paid. I could just imagine it and couldn't help grinning. "You're quibbling about payment when the fate of the world is at stake?" That line's not in the story, but I read it in the good Father's mind.... And that's just one example.

Loved the story, and it gives me an excuse to use a few more emoticons than normal :mace: :devil:

Edited by Graeme

Great story! And it came as a bit of a surprise since the summary made me think more of a sappy romance where the guys hardly have time to impale any vampires in between kissing and such. But that's probably just me.

I loved the action and, even more, the humour. Somehow the mood in this story made me think of Split Second -- well, occasionally anyway, and especially in the beginning -- and since I really liked that film that was a good thing. :D There were also many funny little details throughout, such as the Excalibur replica ordered from a cheap novelty swords catalogue. The only thing that I'll remark on is that you italicised words a little too often, in almost half the cases the emphasis would have come naturally so italics weren't needed. But over all, a great story, certainly among the best in this anthology!

P.S. I totally don't understand why this story isn't getting more reviews!! Unbelievable.

Hey Bri!!!

I've stated before that I have major issues reading sci-fi/fantasy pieces and that hasn't changed. But slowly, I'm getting over my fear. I've started with your stories. Resident Evil was a bit too gory for me. Then Game Over, man was a total gut-wrencher at the end. I love Tangled Web because it's very sweet.

However, this story blew my mind! Besides the wonderful action, I enjoyed the dialogue the most. You didn't go into much detail about all that beast type things, rather you just explained it casually, as if vampires and soldier demons were common occurences. I guess with his job, it is. Duh!

Anyway, I couldn't stop reading this. It captivated me until the very end. There are so many funny lines that I could quote in this story, but I don't remember them all.

Here are a few of my favs:

Yay, action! This was thoroughly enjoyable. :) I loved the voice and characterization, and the pacing was great. The world felt very real in a gritty, eat-your-baby sort of way. If I were writing this story, though, I'd have Father Jackson be a demon in disguise. Nobody would be expecting that. B) My only criticism is that Jonathan's "dying" and "coming back to life" was a bit of a stretch for so short a story. Anyway, well done, thanks for the read, and the last line is great.

Thank you so much for reading! :]

I wanted the world of Three Hundred Years to feel as real as possible. I tried to establish right from the get-go that these impossible creatures exist in this world. No explanation, they just simply are, lol.

The whole idea with Father Jackson is he's really annoying, but genuinely a good man. As for him being a demon in disguise, let's face the facts here. Ever since the Catholic priest abuse scandal, how often are priests seen as good guys? In my opinion, him not being a demon is more unexpected.

Jonathan's death was supposed to be simply a reason for Tommy to just go insane on the other demons. I didn't want to leave him dead because from the start of this story, I didn't want it at all to be depressing, lol.

I like the last line too, lol. :]

*huggles you for reading it!*

I enjoyed the story as well. The fighting was good, though the imagery was rather gruesome. I do happen to think it's okay to have such a stretch in a story like this. It's a sci-fi/fantasy which means there is more room for something out of the ordinary to happen. Great story!

:] Thank you for the help on this story, by the way!

The gruesomeness of the story was kind of unavoidable given the subject matter. You can't really do a story with werewolves and demons and not have some gore.

*huggles*

^_~

One of the little things I enjoyed about this story was the priest's reaction about the request to be paid. I could just imagine it and couldn't help grinning. "You're quibbling about payment when the fate of the world is at stake?" That line's not in the story, but I read it in the good Father's mind.... And that's just one example.

Loved the story, and it gives me an excuse to use a few more emoticons than normal :mace: :devil:

:D

Thanks! Lol. Writing the interactions between Tommy and the Priest was really fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

*huggles*

^_~

Also, thanks for all the hard work you put in while putting together this anthology!

Edited by wrathofmagneto
Great story! And it came as a bit of a surprise since the summary made me think more of a sappy romance where the guys hardly have time to impale any vampires in between kissing and such. But that's probably just me.

I loved the action and, even more, the humour. Somehow the mood in this story made me think of Split Second -- well, occasionally anyway, and especially in the beginning -- and since I really liked that film that was a good thing. :D There were also many funny little details throughout, such as the Excalibur replica ordered from a cheap novelty swords catalogue. The only thing that I'll remark on is that you italicised words a little too often, in almost half the cases the emphasis would have come naturally so italics weren't needed. But over all, a great story, certainly among the best in this anthology!

P.S. I totally don't understand why this story isn't getting more reviews!! Unbelievable.

HAHAHA! :]

I wanted to just do this ridiculous, action packed story, lol.

I haven't actually seen Split Second. What's it about? Hehe. As for the Excalibur replica, that came from real life. I actually found one in a cheap sword catalogue.

Looking back, you're right about the italics. I'm an italic-freak, lol. :P

Thank you SO much for the kind words! :]

*huggles!*

^_~

Hey Bri!!!

I've stated before that I have major issues reading sci-fi/fantasy pieces and that hasn't changed. But slowly, I'm getting over my fear. I've started with your stories. Resident Evil was a bit too gory for me. Then Game Over, man was a total gut-wrencher at the end. I love Tangled Web because it's very sweet.

However, this story blew my mind! Besides the wonderful action, I enjoyed the dialogue the most. You didn't go into much detail about all that beast type things, rather you just explained it casually, as if vampires and soldier demons were common occurences. I guess with his job, it is. Duh!

Anyway, I couldn't stop reading this. It captivated me until the very end. There are so many funny lines that I could quote in this story, but I don't remember them all.

Here are a few of my favs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This one is total action, adventure, speed... YIKES!!! It kept me on the edge of my seat! I could actually hear the voice of the Demon and also the Fathers asking "why the hell should you get paid to save the world"! LOL It's wonderful when we don't know how things will end up. Enjoyed it Totally!~