[Corvus] A Little Company For The Night by Corvus

This was certainly an interesting piece. In this creative story Corvus decides to make the ghost an incubus who is fixated on the inhabitant of his room, Matt. I really enjoyed watching Matt's range of reactions and feelings toward the ghost and it was also very fascinating seeing the development of Alex's character.

I was pleased at the end when the body discovered turned out to be that of the ghost and not Matt's as the reader was led to believe. I personally think that would have been a rather abrupt, unsatisfactory ending, but making it the ghost's corpse was much more interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this discussion continues.

Nice job, Corvus!

-Kevin

Hmmm,

sex with a ghost

, eh? Well, it would certainly be... quiet, I suppose. *Grin*.

Actually, I liked this a whole lot. I especially liked how you made Matt the exact opposite of the type of person who you would guess to believe in ghosts. His characterization as a supremely logical, rational, well-spoken human being juxtaposes nicely with what happens to him. It's just subtle enough to come across as believable, too. (Well, Matt's character, anyway, not too sure about the rest of it).

And of course, this story brings a whole new meaning to the saying "opposites attract". ;)

This was such an enjoyable story. From the start with the ghost-story telling, to the ghost's messages (loved them) and to the twist at the end (which I totally didn't see coming) it was just delightful to read, you created a great atmosphere and, as always, characters that are deeper than they might be in a story as short as this. Well done! :D

As I am a little more awake now than when I last commented on this, I'll jot down a few more thoughts.

I totally loved Matt, from the 'quite's to the vomitoriums, and it was great that he was the one who saw the ghost and not Alex, which would have been the more traditional option. But then you don't usually opt for the traditional. :P

I loved the poor ghost. I mean, 'Pleas dont go, im lonly' -- aww... In fact, now that I reread this, I kept laughing and going 'aww' alternately. You had humour in just the right places but still a great atmosphere. The coming-out scene by the fire was great, as was so much else. Some great lines:

"And I've never fished. I hope it's not too difficult."

"It performed fellatio."/ "Er

Kevin -- thanks for the review; glad you found the story interesting. :)

Cynical Romantic -- I like Matt. I think

he and Alex make a good pair.

Procyon -- I'm glad I'm not the only one with a soft spot for the ghost! And those lines make me laugh too. Hahaha. I'm hilarious, no? :D

Great story!

I felt some sympathy for the ghost too. I also love the way you said that they found the body with out saying who's body. For a moment I thought the ghost had killed him.

... Poor matt got woke up like that, a bit creepy, although that's what I enjoyed about it.

Hey, it beats some squacking alarm clock. (Mine used to sound like a rooster. Now it sound more like someone killing a rooster.)