When You Come Back To Me by Sabat

What an awesome story! Sabat has crafted an excellent tale which follows the death of Jensen and his gradual integration into the next phase of his existence.

This is an extremely rich, vivid story with lots of great characters and a full, well-imagined concept of what might come after someone's death. The very moving love story which begins toward the middle of the piece almost came as a surprise me, but in retrospect it seems as though the early exposition was very well-designed to eventually lead the story in that direction. It would have been a very good piece even without the love story component, but with that component so poignantly added to the already strong, masterfully created world of the beginning part of the piece Sabat truly manages to produce a masterpiece!

Wonderful story! Awesome job :D

-Kevin

A most interesting story!

I has nice detail that constructs a "believable" alternative reality. Jensen faces enough constraints and hurtles in using his powers to make the suspension of disbelief easy. The visual imagery is rich and fluid.

The ending gives me the feeling of the lovers being united for eternity, sort of like The Flying Dutchman or something.

I enjoyed this story for several reasons. One was the fact that the description of the afterlife was very imaginative and colourful, and yet the tone of the writing enabled me to suspend disbelief. Also, I liked the way that the emotion was brought in slowly, starting calmly, almost like a travelogue of the afterlife, then the building up slowly to the final climax.

The conversational, almost self-deprecating tone flowed nicely and drew me in, keeping me entertained and interested. I liked all the little observations and phrases that showed insight into life in general and gay life in particular, but usually from a slightly skewed viewpoint.. the mention of the scented candle...I'm afraid death isn't for you...the interplay between the two 'guiding spirits'.

This story was a real pleasure to read... Thank you, Sabat!

:)

Kit

• Site Administrator
I enjoyed this story for several reasons. One was the fact that the description of the afterlife was very imaginative and colourful, and yet the tone of the writing enabled me to suspend disbelief. Also, I liked the way that the emotion was brought in slowly, starting calmly, almost like a travelogue of the afterlife, then the building up slowly to the final climax.

I can't add much more than Kit did :) The only question that was left outstanding was what happened next :D

I had no problems suspending disbelief with the story because the descriptions felt so real. I could imagine it, and the flaws in the afterlife made it seem more real than if life (afterlife?) was perfect.

Well done, Sabat! :great: