Shades of Lies by Ieshwar

• Site Administrator

It's a very real reaction to pain -- protecting oneself, sometimes to the extent of never feeling pain again. Of course, they never feel the opposite, either. Learning to accept a degree of pain to allow the opportunity for joy is not easy for everyone.

Thanks, Ieshwar! :wub:

• Site Administrator

I loved this story when I read it. The metaphors involved really drew my attention and intrigued me. What sort of "covering" do we all add when we are hurt, is it something that we can take off or does it remain with us if we leave it on too long? Great story!

Absolutely awesome. I loved the way the colouring of the 'naked boy' lettering got darker and darker as the separation got deeper and the layers of paint thicker. This is a dark story and I love dark stories. Well done... I loved it.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave..." And oh, what a wonderful story leshwar gave us. The paint as metaphor for armor was delightful. The gritty reality of driving far, far away, seeking but not finding; the fear of discovery: both drew to the surface emotions and memories I wasn't sure still existed. Lovely.

Aww, how sad. I have a tear at the corner of my eye. Seriously, I do.

The lies kept getting deeper, the paint thicker, the armour stronger. I wonder if he even aknowlaged himself as Daniel when he was away from his current boyfriend or thought of himself as Tim or Darren ect. even when he was alone. Very moving. Bravo.

• Site Administrator

What an amazing story Ieshwar thumbsupsmileyanim.gif .

At first I was wondering where you were going with the 'naked boy' part of the story. Needless to say, it complimented what Daniel was doing with each new person that he encountered.

I think I may have read something a little different than the other posters have so far. I agree that when hurt we all put up some defences to protect ourselves. I wonder though if this speaks to a greater level that a lot of gay people live two complete separate and opposite lives. After perfecting the art, even the actor is unable to determine what is the true image that they are trying to portray.

Well it made me think of that, so if I'm totally wrong, it is okay because it inspired me to think about the story in a more larger scale.

Thanks for sharing worshippy.gif

Steve cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

A kind of spiritual breakdown, brought on by loss and betrayal and the dark remedy the mind comes up with. I like that there is no easy answer, no happy ending. Thank you for your story.

Sam

Thanks a lot for reading my story and posting the comments. I have to admit that I have a certain liking for tragedies or weird endings. Hehe

Aww, how sad. I have a tear at the corner of my eye. Seriously, I do.

The lies kept getting deeper, the paint thicker, the armour stronger. I wonder if he even aknowlaged himself as Daniel when he was away from his current boyfriend or thought of himself as Tim or Darren ect. even when he was alone. Very moving. Bravo.

Thank you, Kanaye. :) IMO, the line between Daniel, Tim, Darren in the end has become kinda blurred. Not to forget Darren was part of him which he could never be. Each